The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I'm having a 2009 Old Stock ale from North Coast, I forgot I had these. It's nice but much more simple than Founders Curmudgeon.

Earlier I had the Stillwater-Mikkeller Collaboration OUR SIDE. It was good, more like a Belgian IPA than a saison which is my preference.

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

You're looking at $10 a 12oz bottle for 120min and a whole lotta pine syrup taste...

3. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

You're looking at $10 a 12oz bottle for 120min and a whole lotta pine syrup taste...
    I think my cost is going to be MUCH lower than $10 per bottle. I would bet closer to wholesale (i hope) or at least something like $5 per bottle.. Will find out later this week. Not even planning on drinking it. Just want to trade it. Doesn't sound to appealing (pine syrup). Yuck

4. pdillon

pdillon Member

Not sure of the exact price of Cantillon Gueuze here when it is in stock, which is quite frequently, but I think it's a little over $9 for the the 375ml. Therefore, I've never bought it. Only had it on tap at Monk's.

Here are the prices for the other Cantillon beers you can get (or could get when they were in stock) here in STL:
    Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$8.99 / 375ml
    Cantillon Cuvee des Champions...$16.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$17.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Iris 2007...$16.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Kriek....$9.29 / 375ml

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Please send me all the Cantillon you can get your hands on!!!

Not sure of the exact price of Cantillon Gueuze here when it is in stock, which is quite frequently, but I think it's a little over $9 for the the 375ml. Therefore, I've never bought it. Only had it on tap at Monk's.

Here are the prices for the other Cantillon beers you can get (or could get when they were in stock) here in STL:
    Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$8.99 / 375ml
    Cantillon Cuvee des Champions...$16.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$17.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Iris 2007...$16.99 / 750ml
    Cantillon Kriek....$9.29 / 375ml

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Screw that guy. Send it to me instead. In turn, I'll send it to Bdeuce, so that he can lord it over Tooch.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Three Philosophers knocked me on my ass tonight. Gonna get into a few ales I bought soon.

My friend is a brewer at Boulevard and wants to show me the brewery in a couple weeks, looking forward to that as the new stuff Boulevard has been putting out look really interesting.

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Screw that guy. Send it to me instead. In turn, I'll send it to Bdeuce, so that he can lord it over Tooch.

Don't hate on my beer steez! You'd hate every wonderful and glorious beer Cantillon makes and Brian gets me beer because I tell him to do it...

Three Philosophers knocked me on my ass tonight. Gonna get into a few ales I bought soon.

My friend is a brewer at Boulevard and wants to show me the brewery in a couple weeks, looking forward to that as the new stuff Boulevard has been putting out look really interesting.

Ask your friend from Boulevard why they released an infected batch of their imperial stout?! Also, their Tank 7 Saison is damn tasty and Saison Brett has become a favorite of mine...

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Don't hate on my beer steez! You'd hate every wonderful and glorious beer Cantillon makes and Brian gets me beer because I tell him to do it...
    [​IMG]

10. pdillon

pdillon Member

I really dislike the standard Boulevard lineup, especially their wheat beer.

But their Smokestack lineup is legit. I'm especially happy that Saison-Brett has been released again. I didn't see it around for 2+ years. It was probably the most difficult cork I've ever had to remove from a bottle.

I also really like that Boulevard is now releasing the Smokestack series in 12 oz four packs.

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I really dislike the standard Boulevard lineup, especially their wheat beer.

But their Smokestack lineup is legit. I'm especially happy that Saison-Brett has been released again. I didn't see it around for 2+ years. It was probably the most difficult cork I've ever had to remove from a bottle.

I also really like that Boulevard is now releasing the Smokestack series in 12 oz four packs.

I am serious about that Cantillon hook-up, I can have Brian go to Kuhnhenn and buy you beer or I can pay you through Paypal...

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^wtf? send me my black biscuit.

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

^^wtf? send me my black biscuit.

What is this Black Biscuit that you speak of? I don't have such a thing...

14. pdillon

pdillon Member

Oh really? I thought you were joking. You can't get it in Chicago? This would have to be the first time something can be found in STL & not Chicago.

I'm not sure. I don't even know what The Wine and Cheese Place even has right now. I'll take a look next time I'm there. But shipping beer seems like a huge pain in the ass.

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Oh really? I thought you were joking. You can't get it in Chicago? This would have to be the first time something can be found in STL & not Chicago.

I'm not sure. I don't even know what The Wine and Cheese Place even has right now. I'll take a look next time I'm there. But shipping beer seems like a huge pain in the ass.

We get plenty of Cantillon, but the problem is that it disappears fast, very fast and it's a lot more expensive up here...