• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who do you absolutely trust?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a theme like pio's, I trust my mother, but will never again my father. Anybody who can delude himself to the point that the decision he wants to make is in your best interest cannot be counted upon. To complete the list, maybe the gf.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About anything a friend who I've know since elementary. Other than that maybe my parents and some other friends.

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
My fiance'. She's had many opportunities to do me wrong, but never did it. While I can't say the same for anyone else, not even my family.

Elusive

Reaction score
Nobody nut I have a lot of experience

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Family, an ex-girlfriend, possibly the current girlfriend and I have a couple of friends who I know would help me dispose of the bodies regardless of the circumstances.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife, and maybe 4 old friends who I trust completly. my brother. not my sister or my parents, not my new friends.

part of being an infantryman is putting your literal life in other people's hands, including people you might not know. the level of trust in people has to be extremly high. I have had many people trust me with their literal lives, and I have, in the past, trusted many people with my literal life.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody, most people would betray you for the right amount of money, I would betray most for the right *****.

Reaction score
my mom, dad, brother, grandparents. couple of friends. i'm not a trusting fellow really.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
My dad, my godfather, and probably two friends.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
not sure what "absolutely trust" means though in all seriousness. i put a lot of trust in several people - my fiancee, my mom, my dad, my uncle, my brother. but i mean that's not to say i couldn't make up a ridiculous example wherein they might make some choice that was less than optimal. but none of these people would really intentionally screw me for their own purposes, if that's the question. there may be a few other friends too i really trust to do the right thing; e.g. someone close enough that i would name them executor of my estate for example. hell, there's even a chance that someday the fiancee could cheat on me... but that still doesn't mean i monitor her whereabouts when she leaves the house.

in other words, the question needs clarification.

Interesting answer and it kind of goes along with my thoughts in that there are people I would trust in specific situations or purposes, but not really across-the-board. For instance: I trust my parents in many things, but I also know their failings - and I don't think they'd intentionally betray a confidence, but I think they might let something slip. I trust my wife with many things, but she's bad with money. Do I think she'd intentionally bankrupt us? Nope, but I do think her carelessness could get the best of her and, by extension, us.

So, do I trust their intentions? Sure. Do I trust their actions? Ehm, most of the time, but not always.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Interesting answer and it kind of goes along with my thoughts in that there are people I would trust in specific situations or purposes, but not really across-the-board. For instance: I trust my parents in many things, but I also know their failings - and I don't think they'd intentionally betray a confidence, but I think they might let something slip. I trust my wife with many things, but she's bad with money. Do I think she'd intentionally bankrupt us? Nope, but I do think her carelessness could get the best of her and, by extension, us.

So, do I trust their intentions? Sure. Do I trust their actions? Ehm, most of the time, but not always.

you do both make excellent points. and while there are things i wouldnt want my parents to know, and there are maybe one or two areas where my wife isnt stellar. nonetheless i trust them without exception. if i told them something in confidence i am sure they would honor it. if i needed them in a pinch they would be there. the fact that i know my wife cant keep the car clean for the life of her doesnt really detract from the trust i have in her in the greater sense.

the better question is does anybody in the universe absolutely trust me?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My father. We each have power of attorney for the other.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Is there someone you've come to trust completely? What sealed it and made you believe you could trust them?
When my father gave me power of attorney, I stood go gain far more than might he.

I might add that my father shoots straight with me even when it is not to his advantage ... even if it might seriously disadvantage him. That builds trust.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads