• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
is getting a sportcoat shortened an advisable move? I've heard a lot of tailors won't do a good job on this. just wondering; mine could take an inch off (but it's not egregious, i might leave it.)

Yes, it's definitely possible to get an inch taken off the bottom. You'll want to take it to a pretty skilled tailor though, as they'll need to rebuild the rounded edge on the bottom.

I searched Men's Clothing and found a thread on it - so this is something that can absolutely be done. Our preferred tailor here in NYC offers it as a service too. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=42883

Originally Posted by AHShadow
Hey,

Just wanted to thank Mike (well in this case it would be Adele) for the great service! I went to NY for 4 days and passed by the Orchard St. store and bought the silver zig-zag melissa ballet flats for my girlfriend and she loves them!! The quality is really amazing compared to the crappy 20-30$ flats she usually buys and even she was really impressed with it. I am starting to get my girl into higher end clothing (well higher end then let's say forever 21) and these ballet flats are the right way to go!

Really amazing, thanks!

Thank you, really glad that she likes them! Those shoes are always a killer gift.

Originally Posted by jslade
Hey big Mike, any word on when these service pants are going to hit? I have my money all ready to toss at you guys for some new pants!
redface.gif

Should be next week - I'm going to holler at all you guys once they land.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Mike. I'm real excited for these to drop!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, it's definitely possible to get an inch taken off the bottom. You'll want to take it to a pretty skilled tailor though, as they'll need to rebuild the rounded edge on the bottom.

I searched Men's Clothing and found a thread on it - so this is something that can absolutely be done. Our preferred tailor here in NYC offers it as a service too. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=42883

Yeah...I'm in NC. I'm not sure I trust these tailors as being "pretty skilled." hhmm

dmass1

Reaction score
is there an SF discount? (yes I know I'm cheap)

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1

No. Epaulet offers free shipping and allows SF members a two week return window.

dra

Reaction score

Given the quality of their in-house stuff, it feels like it is priced at a discount. In my opinion of course.

dmass1

Reaction score
yea the prices seem reasonable, I just wasn't sure if there was an SF discount or not.

Just purchased the gingham mashup - should be a great summer shirt.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Curious if you ever make your dress shirts without a chest pocket. Whenever I've had shirts made, I always forgo the pocket. Seems like all of my other shirts have them though. It's not a big deal for me but if given a choice, I say nay.

Thanks

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Mike,

Curious if you ever make your dress shirts without a chest pocket. Whenever I've had shirts made, I always forgo the pocket. Seems like all of my other shirts have them though. It's not a big deal for me but if given a choice, I say nay.

Thanks

If you go to the very first page of this thread, you'll see that Mike used to make his shirts without chest pockets.

Kingcarn

Reaction score
Just wanted to parrot what I'm sure you guys already know: stopped into the epaulet store this weekend and picked up a few pairs of pants - the guys at the store are great and very accomodating and they have some really nice stuff. 2 thumbs up.

laughter95

Reaction score
Mike,

I just got my floral shirt, thanks. Just curious, the fabric was meant to be inside-out, right?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Thanks for the update, Mike. I'm real excited for these to drop!

It's now confirmed. Our Rivet Chinos are on the UPS truck and delivery is scheduled for Thursday!

We'll get a small restock of existing colors (B.Khaki, Gunmetal, Golden Khaki, Moss, etc). I'll update the online inventory Thursday nite to reflect that.

The new styles (Navy Canvas, Stone Canvas, Olive Service Pant) will get shot Thurs nite to go live on Friday.

Can't wait for it!

Just purchased the gingham mashup - should be a great summer shirt.

Thank you sir! Let me know what you think after it arrives.

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Mike,

Thanks

Ha, you know our original collection of shirts had no pockets on the chest. We found that the majority of customers really wanted them, and I have to admit - I find myself using the shirt pocket pretty frequently. But who knows - style changes and we may very well find ourselves making a pocket-less shirt again in the future.

Originally Posted by Kingcarn
Just wanted to parrot what I'm sure you guys already know: stopped into the epaulet store this weekend and picked up a few pairs of pants - the guys at the store are great and very accomodating and they have some really nice stuff. 2 thumbs up.

Thank you! I know that our guys had a great time serving you. Really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by 1969
When are the rivet shorts gonna drop?

The shorts will ship by 6/21 at the latest, so we'll definitely get them before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay on those.

Originally Posted by laughter95
Mike,

I just got my floral shirt, thanks. Just curious, the fabric was meant to be inside-out, right?

Thank you! Yes, we intentionally made up the shirt with the more subdued side out. That's actually the "top" of the fabric, so it's how the mill intended it to be too.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
The shorts will ship by 6/21 at the latest, so we'll definitely get them before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay on those.
Does this mean they will ship from Epaulet to us, or ship from LA to Epaulet on the 21st? Hoping to get a pair by the 23rd. Probably not going to happen eh?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Does this mean they will ship from Epaulet to us, or ship from LA to Epaulet on the 21st? Hoping to get a pair by the 23rd. Probably not going to happen eh?

Sorry about that - they're shipping from LA by the 21st, so we'll get them in NYC about four working days after that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads