• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How am I doing for a 16 year old?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
Ahh yes, because one photo of one outfit is indicative of a celebrity's entire style.

Come on, for a 16-year old pop sensation he dresses pretty f'ing well.

These are all terrible. I'll admit that 'for a 16-year old pop sensation' it could be a lot worse, but it is far from "sophisticated and mature".

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
These are all terrible. I'll admit that 'for a 16-year old pop sensation' it could be a lot worse, but it is far from "sophisticated and mature".
His clothes fit him well and are not embarrassing articles for the most part. I think "mature" was the wrong word to use, and "sophisticated" lacks the right connotations, but he isn't a walking train wreck like some celebrities. At his worst, he still looks "put together."
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have to disagree with comments like this. People say it is all about having fun with it and don't listen to anybody else. While this may be the case for somebody putting on something and smiling and going about their way, this isn't the case for people signing on to a forum and posting pictures of themselves on the internet. The fact that somebody is going out of their way to do do this means that it is indeed more to them than just having a good time dressing up so they should take criticism and decide what to let in one ear and out the other and actually learn from the more constructive criticism. Some people really need to hear the crticism and if it is praise they are after they should just go about their way and impress the average boobs out there who don't know the difference.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
No, stop.
no u

JG000

Reaction score
Well it depends a lot on the playing field I think. In relative terms, I consider it sophisticated and mature. In no other thread would I reference Bieber besides this one. OP can dress like Vox all he wants, but at 16 years old it just doesn't look appropriate nor is it socially acceptable. I'm not a fan, but JB seems to be a fairly safe style influence for a 16 year old wanting to consistently wear suits, blazers, neckwear, etc.

Eight

Reaction score
I have to disagree with comments like this. People say it is all about having fun with it and don't listen to anybody else. While this may be the case for somebody putting on something and smiling and going about their way, this isn't the case for people signing on to a forum and posting pictures of themselves on the internet. The fact that somebody is going out of their way to do do this means that it is indeed more to them than just having a good time dressing up so they should take criticism and decide what to let in one ear and out the other and actually learn from the more constructive criticism. Some people really need to hear the crticism and if it is praise they are after they should just go about their way and impress the average boobs out there who don't know the difference.
Look. He's shown a friendly attitude and a willingness to learn. He didn't come here saying he was god's gift to style. I'm not saying his choices and fits are perfect, he's not even saying that. He just sounded to me as being sincere in wanting to get feedback and learn some more. That was my perception at least. What he got back were mostly comments that were more akin to bullying that real genuine help. Again, maybe that wasn't intended but it appears that way to me. He wants to learn and was friendly in going about it. He got dismissed and dogpiled for no good reason I can see.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He is all right for his age...

The OP is not Justin Bieber..

Nobody is criticizing you as a person but be careful wearing mature clothing can make you look affected, geekish or in some very very rare exceptions good if you're uber good looking.

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
I don't really agree with a lot of what's been said here. Girls with any real taste appreciate quality, design, & style at that age. Why would you want to shag a girl who's dumb enough to like branded gucci/ralph?
I'm afraid I thought of Airplane reading your post. It
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. 's also how I'd imagine the current British cabinet when they were at school. Neither of these is a good thing.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eight
Look. He's shown a friendly attitude and a willingness to learn. He didn't come here saying he was god's gift to style. I'm not saying his choices and fits are perfect, he's not even saying that. He just sounded to me as being sincere in wanting to get feedback and learn some more. That was my perception at least.

What he got back were mostly comments that were more akin to bullying that real genuine help. Again, maybe that wasn't intended but I appears that way to me.

He wants to learn and was friendly in going about it. He got dismissed and dogpiled for no good reason I can see.

I am not trying to be cruel and tell people to deal with being mobbed, you obviously don't have to listen to everybody, and I'm not talking just about him. I am talking generally on the forum. If people are so fragile they shouldn't post on discussion forums. It happens a lot that people post their pictures and then just argue when they get any kind of criticsm. It usually happens with these posts that appear to come across as somebody asking for help, or wanting comments, when in-fact they are loopholes to just self-gratification. These are the types of people who get argumentative when their egos aren't stroked.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
yup, that collar fits brilliantly
I was talking about Bieber, not OP. If you found a picture of Bieber with an ill-fitting collar, then ... I couldn't care less, I have nothing invested in him, I just think people on this forum get off way too easily ******** on things for less than good reasons all in the name of conformity and groupthink. Bieber looks fine for who and what he is.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
I was talking about Bieber, not OP. If you found a picture of Bieber with an ill-fitting collar, then ... I couldn't care less, I have nothing invested in him, I just think people on this forum get off way too easily ******** on things for less than good reasons all in the name of conformity and groupthink.

the bieber picture with the huge collar is above

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see a picture, and like I said, I don't really care. Oh no, there's at least one photo of one of the most photographed people in the world where he doesn't look impeccable!? Stop the freaking presses.

Eight

Reaction score
These are the types of people who get argumentative when their egos aren't stroked.

Except he didn't do that, unless I missed something.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eight
Except he didn't do that, unless I missed something.
Let's have a poll
laugh.gif
Is the OP in need of an ego boost or a good shag? Does he need to do an IQ test on the girl ready to go down on him to check if she is not too dumb? Does he just look like a knob?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads