• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Perfect, thanks kgmessier. What's the quality? And I'm a true 32" waist, what size should I order?

For the chinos and jeans, you can order them true to size. Feel free to PM or e-mail us anytime if you want help with sizing too.

Originally Posted by jpo
I'm wondering when you might get a restock of:

-'EP's Rivet Chino Moss in 33
- Spread Collar Shirt Lavender Microcheck in Medium

thanks!

Both of them should be here in a few weeks. We've been waiting on the chinos for a bit, but we're definitely restocking that color. And I'm pretty sure the Microcheck is coming back in both Lavender and Blue.

Originally Posted by reedobandito
Great! 32 it is then. I see they offer a 12 oz. and an 8 oz. fabric, which is best?

Anyone ever post any fit pics of the rivets?

As the other members said, it just depends on your preference. Being in Portland, you could easily wear either of them. The 12oz is heavier, but it's similar to a medium-weight jean in heft. So if you're comfortable in denim in the summertime, then you'll most likely enjoy this too.

Originally Posted by brycep
Just thought I'd post a shot of me repin' epaulet in Rome w/ my sis... shadow dot, floral, club collar ftw!

Dude! Thanks so much for posting the shots, they're awesome! Hope that you had a great time in Rome.

And I'll echo kgmessier - the look in the last pic is killer. Turquoise pants?!? Amazing.

Originally Posted by 89andy
Anyone able to help me? Another question is that something about curtains and that it allows the chinos to be released and have a wider waist...does that mean I can size down to something smaller and then release the waist to something larger to fit me? Thank you.

Thanks ahjota for the explanation with visuals!

For the trousers you're good either way - they can be let out (up to 1.5") or taken in as needed.

For the chinos, I'd go with the larger of the two sizes. When worn with a belt and broken in, a lot of customers don't even notice a little bit of extra room at the waist. But if you need to get them altered, it's much easier to have them taken in than let out.

drbaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JazzyJay
I found some great dress shirts at [deleted spam] The have epaulettes too. And the prices are way cheaper.
Well ****. Shirts with actual epaulettes? And they're way cheaper? Mike, I think it might be time to throw in the towel. Also, been sporting the "go to hell" Reds at least once a week. My new favorite summer pants. Anybody on the fence should just man-up and buy them. Also, Mike, will there be a good amount of supply on the navy blazer in small? Small sizes seem to get snatched up pretty quickly, but I'm loath to place a pre-order before I see the thing and check the measurements.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in NYC this past Sunday and met up with Mike & Adele for brunch with my wife. It was great to finally meet them in person. Had some excellent food and friendly conversation at Remedy Diner, then headed over to the Orchard Street store for a quick look around before heading off for more touristy stuff. Would've hung out at the shop longer (and left with a bag of stuff, I'm sure) if we had more time, but we were only in the city for 24 hours and had to pack as much into that space as possible. Going through the shirt and pants racks was like going through my Topps card collection. "Need it, got it, got it, need it, need it, got it..." Too fun!
epaulet_racks.jpg
Here's a picture of the man with his lovely bride (courtesy of the iPhone and Hipstamatic):
mike_adele.jpg
Mike, thanks for meeting up with us. It was a real pleasure, and I hope to do it again real soon! - K

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
Well ****. Shirts with actual epaulettes? And they're way cheaper? Mike, I think it might be time to throw in the towel.

Also, been sporting the "go to hell" Reds at least once a week. My new favorite summer pants. Anybody on the fence should just man-up and buy them.

Also, Mike, will there be a good amount of supply on the navy blazer in small? Small sizes seem to get snatched up pretty quickly, but I'm loath to place a pre-order before I see the thing and check the measurements.

Haha, "Jazzy Jay" is one of the better spammers that I've seen lately. He's no "Fuel Star," but then again, who really is?

Glad that you dig the washed red pants! I freaking love them. I'll be breaking out my Rudy 34's in those shortly.

And yes, we're getting a good run of Navy sportcoats in every size. Hoping that they'll arrive by the end of the week. I'm breaking chops on it!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
Well ****. Shirts with actual epaulettes? And they're way cheaper? Mike, I think it might be time to throw in the towel.

Also, been sporting the "go to hell" Reds at least once a week. My new favorite summer pants. Anybody on the fence should just man-up and buy them.

Also, Mike, will there be a good amount of supply on the navy blazer in small? Small sizes seem to get snatched up pretty quickly, but I'm loath to place a pre-order before I see the thing and check the measurements.

I agree 100%. Mike, your selfish, elitist, me-first attitude has finally caught up with you. You are done, my friend. I'm so pissed at you that I just ripped off my Epaulet blue oxford and cut holes all over my lichen flannels. I'm sitting here at work, looking a bit odd, but that serves you right !

tomashi

Reaction score
Received the seersucker shirt, damn this is a really sweet piece! My first purchase and I'm in love.

How did I miss the shadow dots shirt that everyone seems to have?

acularw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
You weren't online during the two hours in which it was posted and then sold out.

I had the medium in my cart and got up from the computer for a couple minutes (and to think about whether to buy it, I own several epaulet smalls but could probably pull off a medium in summer). When I sat down the shirt was sold out and the shadow dot was out of my life forever...

Every time I see fit pics with it I just shake my head wistfully...

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acularw
I had the medium in my cart and got up from the computer for a couple minutes (and to think about whether to buy it, I own several epaulet smalls but could probably pull off a medium in summer). When I sat down the shirt was sold out and the shadow dot was out of my life forever...

Every time I see fit pics with it I just shake my head wistfully...

Yeah, I judged both the shadow dot and the recent floral to be "too much" for me to try to pull off, and then brycep goes and proves me wrong and makes them both look great and not over the top much at all.

jt2gt

Reaction score
Do you have any more of the penny loafers I came across in the blog...the in house stuff looks great.

JT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jt2gt
Do you have any more of the penny loafers I came across in the blog...the in house stuff looks great.

JT

Mike says he's getting restocked this week. Mike, I hope you've got one left in my size
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads