1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I think I found my size in Rudy trousers... 34. My seat and thighs are way too fucking big... ugh.

These are Petrol Blues... if they fit, will other non-cotton trousers, like wool or flannel ones, fit too? I hope so!

2. grit

grit Senior member

Wore my strawberry thief shirt for the first time today, and got 3 separate compliments on it. Thanks, it's an awesome shirt and a perfect fit!

[​IMG]

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

gay comments are the same as compliments? :bounce2:

joking. nice shirt.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The new pindot is amazing. They look like little stars!

5. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

:nodding: The pindot looks amazing.

Was thinking of ordering a pair or Rudys and will have to add that to any future order. One question guys, if I ordered a Rivet chino 32 and looking for a bit more seat and thigh room, do I order a 33 in Rudy or go with the 32? Want to have a little more room depending on a fluctuation weight, without it being too tight?

6. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

Insta-kopped the fairisle. That shit is too good.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

In my experience, yes the fit is pretty spot on. So if the Petrol Blue Rudy fits you well, then the same size Rudy in the other fabrics (wools, etc.) should fit you as well.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The Rivets are a little slimmer than the Rudy in the seat and thigh, but the waist measurement is the same. If the waist fits you well in the 32 Rivet and you just need more seat and thigh room, it's probably best to go for the 32 Rudy. If you want a little extra room in the waist too, then it may be a good idea to size up to 33. I'm sure others can chime in as well - there are lots of people who own both fits. I can only wear the Rudy - I tried on a pair of Rivets once in the same size and they were skin-tight on my thighs. :embar:

9. APK

APK Senior member

How many units of the fairisle shirt do you have in the XL slash will there be a restock?

10. REguy

REguy Senior member

How has no one commented on the new trousers yet? They're :slayer::slayer::slayer:

11. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

My trouser addiction is out of control. Just copped the Olive Guncheck and Grape Herringbone. I've lost count but I think this will put me past 20 pairs of Walts :slayer:

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Awesome, hope that you enjoy them!

And yeah, we're basically carrying the same trouser as Ovadia this season. Neither of us invented the grey cargo flannel - I actually remember buying a very similar item for Saks from Neil Barrett back in Fall 2000. It's a cool shape that kind of comes and goes every few years.

For the record, Ovadia makes a really nice pant. And the more brands we can have that support US and European-based production, the better.

It's totally lined in acetate - both body and sleeves. It's a thick twill acetate that should hold up to a lot of wear. It's crucial to have that in the sleeves, otherwise putting the jacket on is a total bitch. We've had a great response to the Fidelity coats so far - you'll absolutely love the fit on them.

Haha, nope Walt only for those.

I think that cotton by nature is more casual that wool in trousers. The moleskins are an extremely versatile Fall/Winter style. You can wear them casually with boots and a wool coat, but also dress them up with a Navy jacket and dress shoes. You'll really enjoy them.

For wool trousers, the flannels - especially the cargo flannel - is also easy to wear casually. Although you have to dry clean them, flannel doesn't pick up dirt all that easily. I wear flannel pants casually all of the time.

If you're going to get one pair of trousers for the Fall, I'd suggest the Tan Moleskins. It's the easiest color to wear and match. If you get two, go for the Tan Moleskins and the Grey flannels - either in the plain trouser or the cargo.

Yes, you should expect the other wools and flannels to fit nearly identical to the Petrol Blue's.

Super 120's will feel tighter at first, but will break in a bit and fit pretty much the same after a little wear.

Moleskins may work for you in the Walt fit. They make up larger due to the thicker fabric, so most Rudy customers (including me) can wear the Walt Moleskins. But if the Rudy is really tight on your legs and seat, then they might be too small.

Thanks!

Holy shit, that looks great! Love that jacket too.

Go for the Rudy 32. It will already have more room in the seat and legs than the Rivet Chino.

Hmm, probably just got a few XL's in that. No restocks I'm afraid, this fabric was a one-shot deal.

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Trying to decide between the Navy Marl or Pale Purple Herringbone

14. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I thought I was ballin' at 7....

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Grey flannels coming w/o cargo pocket? That pindot shirt is looking fun, hope it fits!

16. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

That Khaki Herringbone is mesmerizing, I would kill for a matching sportcoat. Is that also a one-time fabric?

17. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Fuck it dude, I just bought both. My trouser wardrobe has improved dramatically over the last year, thanks to Epaulet and Howard Yount. The latter has stocked some excellent grey and navy flannel trousers, though most are sold out. I've measured my trousers at home to compare, and at waist size 32, the HY fit is very similar to the Slim Walt.

18. jpo

jpo Senior member

Navy Marled Lambswool in 33: Don't mind if I do! I've been drooling over these trousers since they were launched and finally grabbled them in my size! Totally stoked. Now ready for some charcoal or mid-grey flannels in 33, guess I missed those.

Mike: Will there be restock, medium size of the purple check flannel shirt? Oh and the brown Chromexal single prong belt in 34?

Thanks!

19. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I have the navy marl and really really dig them.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Okay guys, we put a LOT up today! Here's a recap of all the new stuff:

First up are two new shirts. These are two of the best we've ever done. The Navy Flannel is crazy soft and the Fairisle is mind-blowing in person.

[​IMG]
    Navy Pindot Japanese Flannel: $150

[​IMG]
    Japanese Fairisle Jacquard: $150

Now the new trousers:

[​IMG]
    Walt Pale Grape Herringbone: $225
    This is a fantastic color. The grape tone is really subtle and they mostly read as grey from a few feet away. Some of the best pants I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

Unbelievable hand on these. And they're insanely good with a Navy sportcoat

[​IMG]
    Walt Pale British Khaki Herringbone: $225

[​IMG]
    Walt Cargo Trouser in Cramerton Cloth: $200

And.... the infamous Brown Houndsooth suit. Sportcoat and Trousers are available now. Waistcoats come next week. We've sold about 10 of these in the store already, so if you want to have the entire suit, you'll want to grab the jacket sooner than later.

[​IMG]
    Weller Sportcoat Brown Houndstooth: $595

Matching Brown Houndstooth Walt Trouser: $185

Matching Brown Houndstooth Rudy Trouser: $185