• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solution: When non-iron shirts don't need laundering except for the collar stains...

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No wonder the girl in your office called you an old man, you smell like Geritol and BO

What about your underwear? Wrinkles or not, nobody even sees them (and I mean nobody), so why not wear those 5x as well?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
collar31.JPG

Everything really does come back.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
I'll try to avoid you at the Casual Sports Bar.

wurd^^^!
and the shirts are non iron! just soak it in ur sink with a little detergent. the funk(that the OP does not realize is there) will be gone and yu will be rockin a FRESH shirt!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
I don't get people that do this! Does the OP own 3 shirts?
Solution...buy more shirts....
Just becasue I wear boxers and don't take a dump during the day or fart does not mean that I can just take em off, put them back into my dresser and wear later in the week...Really..WTF!

you don't turn them inside out for a second wearing?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i recently had a customer in my shop that was wearing a shirt with visible food stains.
he smelled awful, but he looked clean. was even with his girlfriend.
after he left, i apologized to a waiting customer.
Wash after each wear. we are not living in a third world country with limited running water

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
you don't turn them inside out for a second wearing?

only on da wkend!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
i recently had a customer in my shop that was wearing a shirt with visible food stains.
he smelled awful, but he looked clean. was even with his girlfriend.
after he left, i apologized to a waiting customer.
Wash after each wear. we are not living in a third world country with limited running water

people don't realize this^^^. they think the shirt is ok or smells fresh yet it does not and they stink!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm shocked you don't all see the genius of Re-evolving. He's invented shirts that moult their skin.

Soon every major designer will insert a series of velcro tear-away linings to every garment. One item will last an entire week, you just tear away successive linings and dump them in the laundry hamper. Wash everything at the end of a week. Since the linings are never seen, they need no ironing. Just velcro them back in under the outer layer. They could even be labelled with the day of the week, so you know what order to put them back in.

Eric Glennie had nothing on this.

Trust me, someone somewhere is mortgaging their house right now to fund large-scale development of this concept. Believe!

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you haven't experienced the miracle of non-iron shirts, you simply have no idea how perfect these shirts look even after 3 wears. My shirts look immaculate after a day or work. It just makes no sense to bring them to a dry cleaner. The only stain is on the collar after about 2-3 wears. The rest of the shirt is still immaculate, and look like it's just been dry cleaned. With cloth tape, I think I can extend the cycle before some dirt finally shows up on my cuffs. I will keep SF updated on my experiment. Oh, I'm not interested in washing my clothing in my sink. If you sweat or spill a lot, this won't work for you.
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
why do you even take non-iron shirts to the cleaners? wash them in the machine
Good point. I just don't like washing dress shirts. Maybe I'm just not used to it, b/c you can't do this with regular dress shirts. Or maybe b/c I think the collar stain won't come out 100% like at the dry cleaner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads