• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solution: When non-iron shirts don't need laundering except for the collar stains...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe he should put cloth tape from CVS over his entire body so he won't have to wash any of his clothes or even himself for 5 wearings.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Based on wrinkles, non-iron shirts only need to be laundered every 5+ wears.
However, the collar stains build up within 3 wears.
How do you avoid laundering dress shirts just for the collar?

Solution? Get some cloth tape from CVS, and line your collar.
You can now wear the shirts 5+ times before laundering.

Disclaimer: This doesn't work if you're a fat sweaty slob.

Absolute nonsense and quite disgusting. Shirts need to be washed after EVERY wearing.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
This thread makes the baby Jesus cry.

Cry of joy, I guess?

Originally Posted by bjornb17
I thought about washing my shirts after every 2 wears, but after a week or trying I realized that I spilled food on myself every day.

You obviously try way too hard.... relax... a little.

Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Maybe he should put cloth tape from CVS over his entire body so he won't have to wash any of his clothes or even himself for 5 wearings.

This or just a long cloth so he could wrap around his body and become a mummy!

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CYstyle
I wash my shirt after every wear whether I only put it on for 15 minutes or I worked the whole day.c
Yes, it's called OCD. You can get medication for this. Personally, I can't waste time with dry cleaners when the shirt is still immaculate and crisp after 3 or 4 wears, and there is just a little staining in the collar. This cloth tape is something I tried out this week, and so far, it seems to work. Some people will find the idea silly, others will find it brilliant. That is the Reevolving way! Also, if you don't have non-iron shirts, you simply have no idea what I'm talking about. They look PERFECT even after 5-6 wears.
5042807213.jpg

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Who da fukk would wear a shirt 5 times before cleaning!!!

Obviously you aren't fully evolved yet.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
<-------- Oh haiiiiiii guise! Note - I have the 2" version as I prefer it a bit thicker.
turninggay.gif

Damn it, you beat me to the avatar punch. But I kopped a sig.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
But yours is lovely, I would not want to let that go!

'Tis true.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man

You obviously try way too hard.... relax... a little.

Just being facetious, obviously its a bad idea!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Yes, it's called OCD. You can get medication for this.

Personally, I can't waste time with dry cleaners when the shirt is still immaculate and crisp after 3 or 4 wears, and there is just a little staining in the collar.
This cloth tape is something I tried out this week, and so far, it seems to work.

Some people will find the idea silly, others will find it brilliant. That is the Reevolving way!
Also, if you don't have non-iron shirts, you simply have no idea what I'm talking about.
They look PERFECT even after 5-6 wears.

5042807213.jpg

you ever heard of soaking your shirts yourself? also, you may think that they look good, but people around you probably think you stink!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wore a shirt twice over the past two days. I felt so disgusting by the end of the day. Despite wearing a clean undershirt my body felt like a petri dish. But it was my birthday so whatevz.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get people that do this! Does the OP own 3 shirts?
Solution...buy more shirts....
Just becasue I wear boxers and don't take a dump during the day or fart does not mean that I can just take em off, put them back into my dresser and wear later in the week...Really..WTF!

ktrp

Reaction score
Surely the entire point of non-iron shirts is that you could simply wash and hang them every time you wear them and not have to iron them? That's the payoff for the carcinogen exposure.

The only reason I take shirts to the cleaners rather then wash myself is the damn ironing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads