• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

jack220

Reaction score
Would someone post detailed pictures of what makes a pair of Ambrosi pants divine? All the handmade parts, the special features and trimmings.
Ive looked it up online and the pictures dont really say much about the features that make them special, or better than say a Savile Row or other bespoke tailor-made pants
Maybe a dissection ala jefferyd. or maybe just close-ups. heh.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
The thing that surprised me about my Ambrosi pents was how high-waisted they were. Not so high to be a problem, but I just assumed the waist would be lower. I don't know why I thought that. In any case, the rise is good. It fits. It's balanced.

Not that I was about to order Ambrosi pants, but this gives me PAUSE big time.
For decades, I have been having the rise lowered on dress pants so that they fit.
The two pair of bespoke that I got some years back from a no-name tailor were
ordered mainly for the low rise. So, in addition to going to great expense, and enduring
indifferent service re: schedules and shipping , etc. there is a high probability that
I'll get a pair that will "surprise" me. This doesn't inspire confidence our esteemed artisan.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The pants are what count.

flannelsundays.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm not going to check into this threak anymore, because I know that it is about to take an attack foo mode, but can Mr. Sam photochop vox's harvard sweater pic into this pic? that would be cool.

Are you being an instigator? Why would anyone attack foo? For getting 5 pairs of Ambrosi trousers in the same fabric or for wearing a sweater of his alma-mater?
sneaky2.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not going to check into this threak anymore, because I know that it is about to take an attack foo mode, but can Mr. Sam photochop vox's harvard sweater pic into this pic? that would be cool.

I can take the personal attacks and insults, but putting me into a Harvard sweater would truly make a piece of me die on the inside.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice pents, but get forward pleats next time/.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The pants are what count.

flannelsundays.jpg

I can't tell if this is a real pic or not.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
flannelsundays.jpg

The 0300 is really awesome. Kind of the pants equivalent to a bold checked tweed jacket - tailored clothing that is as far away as possible from the "business casual" or "office pant" look.

I wouldn't wear it with earth tones though. A navy blazer or cardigan is really the optimal match.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What does Harvard have to do with anything? MF's sweatshirt says 'GROWN', right?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Not that I was about to order Ambrosi pants, but this gives me PAUSE big time.
For decades, I have been having the rise lowered on dress pants so that they fit.
The two pair of bespoke that I got some years back from a no-name tailor were
ordered mainly for the low rise. So, in addition to going to great expense, and enduring
indifferent service re: schedules and shipping , etc. there is a high probability that
I'll get a pair that will "surprise" me. This doesn't inspire confidence our esteemed artisan.

don't disregard the last three sentences that binge wrote.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads