Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jack220

jack220 Active Member

Would someone post detailed pictures of what makes a pair of Ambrosi pants divine? All the handmade parts, the special features and trimmings.
    Ive looked it up online and the pictures dont really say much about the features that make them special, or better than say a Savile Row or other bespoke tailor-made pants
    Maybe a dissection ala jefferyd. or maybe just close-ups. heh.

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

The thing that surprised me about my Ambrosi pents was how high-waisted they were. Not so high to be a problem, but I just assumed the waist would be lower. I don't know why I thought that. In any case, the rise is good. It fits. It's balanced.

Not that I was about to order Ambrosi pants, but this gives me PAUSE big time.
    For decades, I have been having the rise lowered on dress pants so that they fit.
    The two pair of bespoke that I got some years back from a no-name tailor were
    ordered mainly for the low rise. So, in addition to going to great expense, and enduring
    indifferent service re: schedules and shipping , etc. there is a high probability that
    I'll get a pair that will "surprise" me. This doesn't inspire confidence our esteemed artisan.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

The pants are what count.

[​IMG]

4. forex

forex Senior member

^^What fabric is that? Minnis 0300?

5. mafoofan

^^What fabric is that? Minnis 0300?

Yep.

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'm not going to check into this threak anymore, because I know that it is about to take an attack foo mode, but can Mr. Sam photochop vox's harvard sweater pic into this pic? that would be cool.

7. forex

forex Senior member

I'm not going to check into this threak anymore, because I know that it is about to take an attack foo mode, but can Mr. Sam photochop vox's harvard sweater pic into this pic? that would be cool.

Are you being an instigator? Why would anyone attack foo? For getting 5 pairs of Ambrosi trousers in the same fabric or for wearing a sweater of his alma-mater? [​IMG]

8. mafoofan

I can take the personal attacks and insults, but putting me into a Harvard sweater would truly make a piece of me die on the inside.

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Nice pents, but get forward pleats next time/.

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The pants are what count.

[​IMG]

I can't tell if this is a real pic or not.

11. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

[​IMG]

The 0300 is really awesome. Kind of the pants equivalent to a bold checked tweed jacket - tailored clothing that is as far away as possible from the "business casual" or "office pant" look.

I wouldn't wear it with earth tones though. A navy blazer or cardigan is really the optimal match.

12. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

What does Harvard have to do with anything? MF's sweatshirt says 'GROWN', right?

13. comrade

comrade Senior member

Nice pents, but get forward pleats next time/.

+1

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Not that I was about to order Ambrosi pants, but this gives me PAUSE big time.
    For decades, I have been having the rise lowered on dress pants so that they fit.
    The two pair of bespoke that I got some years back from a no-name tailor were
    ordered mainly for the low rise. So, in addition to going to great expense, and enduring
    indifferent service re: schedules and shipping , etc. there is a high probability that
    I'll get a pair that will "surprise" me. This doesn't inspire confidence our esteemed artisan.

don't disregard the last three sentences that binge wrote.

15. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

I can't tell if this is a real pic or not.

same..[​IMG]