• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum-Tapatalk please.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's so great about tapatalk? (serious question)
With the right browser I have every (SF) site option on my HTC Desire HD as I have on my computer. It annoys the hell out of me that when I go to a tapatalk supported site I have to say no to wanting to know more about tt. From the sideline it seems like a spam scam.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 bump

viator

Reaction score
I just got a popup on SF on my iPhone asking me to install this app. So I did. But it turns out tapatalk is not supported?

+1 to the requests to add support for this.

ishakir

Reaction score
Anyone else get a notification today saying saying that the firm is now tapatalk enabled? I got one when I browsed over with my iDevice but could not find the forum through the app.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ishakir
Anyone else get a notification today saying saying that the firm is now tapatalk enabled? I got one when I browsed over with my iDevice but could not find the forum through the app.

Yep, we spun through that in TransMod as well.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
What's so great about tapatalk? (serious question)

Because it uses so much less data. Particularly important if one has a limited data allowance and/or a slow connection.

Originally Posted by CDFS
With the right browser I have every (SF) site option on my HTC Desire HD as I have on my computer. It annoys the hell out of me that when I go to a tapatalk supported site I have to say no to wanting to know more about tt. From the sideline it seems like a spam scam.

Tapatalk makes it possible be able to view and post on forums, which probably the most important aspect of a forum, without having to download the whole webpage every time one views or posts to a thread.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal---SF renders perfectly on my Android phone
tongue.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
I don't see the big deal---SF renders perfectly on my Android phone
tongue.gif

true dat, its not any slower and you see the full website. the only thing i will give tapatalk is that posting replies does seem to go smoother. but the format is just to condensed for me. and no emoticons you have to know how to type them manually, which of course we all do, it just takes longer.

someone

Reaction score
Bump for Tapatalk. I don't even try to use SF on my iPhone, but would love to read it using Tapatalk.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someone
Bump for Tapatalk. I don't even try to use SF on my iPhone, but would love to read it using Tapatalk.

The spam scam sounds more believable now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads