• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
5617024465_d347eb01d2.jpg

Yuketen Country Ranger Tobacco Chromexcel: $395

A-ha!

I thought I was going crazy when none of the Epaulet shoes came out with a crepe sole but I must have been thinking of this. FWIW, as others have said, the Epaulet shoes appear to provide a much better value-for-money proposition.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Epaulet shoes. I just received my natural chromexcel penny loafers and I absolutely love them. They are gorgeous and look to be really well made. Can't wait to start working on a patina.

Also, Mike's sizing advice seems spot on. Seems to be sized remarkably similar to an Alden Barrie.

Better jump on that reorder fellas.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
+1 on the Epaulet shoes. I just received my natural chromexcel penny loafers and I absolutely love them. They are gorgeous and look to be really well made. Can't wait to start working on a patina.

Also, Mike's sizing advice seems spot on. Seems to be sized remarkably similar to an Alden Barrie.

Better jump on that reorder fellas.

ffffuuuu.gif

lol

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
+1 on the Epaulet shoes. I just received my natural chromexcel penny loafers and I absolutely love them. They are gorgeous and look to be really well made. Can't wait to start working on a patina. Also, Mike's sizing advice seems spot on. Seems to be sized remarkably similar to an Alden Barrie. Better jump on that reorder fellas.
Awesome, so glad that you're pleased! I just spoke to my guy, we have enough natural cxl leather for about 6 or 7 more units of the penny loafer. If anyone's interested in a pair, please send me a PM and we can work out a reservation for you. Oh, and I've been up to more karaoke. We had a fun session with peeps from Nau, Yuketen, and Engineered Garments. I'm trying to put some more "slice of life" tidbits into our Tumblr blog. So if you've really wanted to see me drunk and wearing pink linen pants, then feast your eyes:
5618080377_3b7ab7ba2a.jpg
http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/4612794505/this-past-monday-night-we-had-an-extremely-loud

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Just put in a reservation for a pair of loafers. Woohoo!
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
sent you a pm mike!
Originally Posted by acularw
I had myself talked out of getting the new penny loafers (was going to hold off and wait for restock). After about the 5th or 6th person commented about how amazing they were and how great they looked in person I had to pull the trigger! I swear I need to stop following this thread so religiously...
Thanks guys! I'm expecting an ETA on the penny restock in the next day or so, and I'll get back to everyone via PM on the reservations. Should be pretty fast though.
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
dude speaking of which, were there any more photos from LA?
I stupidly forgot my camera at the hotel that night, but Joel K. and his friend took something like 82 hours worth of Iphone video. I'll check with him and see what he's got.
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Just curious: What song were you guys singing in that pic?
"Mother" by Danzig. We ripped that song a new asshole. Don't you see the resemblance in our singing style?
danzig_52370.jpg
Actually, this gives me an idea. We're working on the early Summer delivery of Epaulet shirts right now. Maybe I should integrate a black fishnet tank into the collection? Could be a great match to Rivet Chinos and Yuketen Country Rangers.

MaxK

Reaction score
Actually, this gives me an idea. We're working on the early Summer delivery of Epaulet shirts right now. Maybe I should integrate a black fishnet tank into the collection? Could be a great match to Rivet Chinos and Yuketen Country Rangers.

Any chance of the bladed spike gauntlets in a natural chromexcel? That would look sick with the elusive shadow dot shirt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaxK
Any chance of the bladed spike gauntlets in a natural chromexcel? That would look sick with the elusive shadow dot shirt.
fistbump.gif
Oh absolutely! And you'll notice that Glenn is modeling the new Tanner Goods Horned Demon belt and Hill-Side Iron Cross Necklace. Yeah, we should have this whole look covered in no time.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. Nice. The one song I've always, always wanted to do is "Last Caress," but I can't pull it off. Just don't have the range. Glenn Danzig has a crazy good voice.
"Mother" by Danzig. We ripped that song a new asshole. Don't you see the resemblance in our singing style?
danzig_52370.jpg

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally grabbed the Point Collar Blue Oxford.

Can't wait for the Nantucket Red trousers to drop
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads