• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Like I said Windsor by request from Mr. Daniels. It is a Half Windsor. I think for a collar with this much spread, it is fine. I tied it tight and the knot is not huge.

Mike

I say it suits you...it goes with your frequently wide lapels and semi-frequent spread collars, broad shoulders and My Suit Can Kick Your Suit's Ass attitude. Nice shades too.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
eb6438a9.jpg

92c9025f.jpg

A lot of times I don't care for knit ties...too much of a Ralph Hinkley vibe...but this I like.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right?

Closeup-87.jpg

Sleeve-19.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right?

Closeup-87.jpg

Sleeve-19.jpg

That says "Spoo" to me. Very nicely done.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inlandisland
I like this. Can you tell me more about the tie? Wool? How would you describe the knit - it's much less textured than most of the knit, square-end ties I see.
Looks like a cashmere knit..possibly Marinella. NICE!

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Like I said Windsor by request from Mr. Daniels. It is a Half Windsor. I think for a collar with this much spread, it is fine. I tied it tight and the knot is not huge.

Mike

Well if you like it then rock it brother, just voicing my opinion, entirely up to you to care or not. I just prefer your normal knots to the windsor. Probably could've worded that post better, my bad
smile.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, looks nice.
MBreinin, I'm not feeling the Windsor knot either. IMO they only work when the tie naturally ties a really small knot.
Holdfast and Olddog/Oldtrix, sorry, but I'm afraid both of you are (rare) pattern/color trainwrecks today. HF, the champagne colored tie doesn't coordinate well with the color of the shirt's stripes, in particular. Swap in a solid navy tie and the rest of the combo might work. But the red/purple of the shirt might still clash with the orange pocket square, I'm not sure. O/O, the intensely colored shirt and tie are fighting each other for attention IMO.
Threadbearer, sometimes I like the additional interest that the double FIH adds, but sometimes it's just distracting. I think this is the latter.
PG, not bad. For some reason the suit seems to be calling for a lighter tie, but this works well too.
Fred49, I
inlove.gif
those shoes!

Me today...it's been a long day. Square style/fold inspired by Phatty.

DSCF7576.jpg
DSCF7570.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw

You can not haz it, it iz mine
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

+1

Originally Posted by Big A

-1!
He looks like he totally feels comfortable wearing his stuff and it is always consistent and well thought out. I dig it.

Originally Posted by upr_crust

Nice colourwork, but the sc does look a bit roomy in the shoulder area...at least the right shoulder looks slightly off....
confused.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Noice, Spoomeister.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Nice overcheck on the suit, but i would have preferred a more colourful tie...this one is too close in tone to the shirting background, in my eyes. What about orange?

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

IN YOUR FACE, STYLEFORUM !
worship.gif

Rarely wearing suits...pants need to be lengthened:

5615955569_c46c7cd347_z.jpg
5616578270_5705d6b2a7_z.jpg
5615955269_881768fe58_z.jpg
5616537824_983d32c4ba_z.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
[
MBreinin, I'm not feeling the Windsor knot either. IMO they only work when the tie naturally ties a really small knot.

Bah! I can see why a Windsor would not work for your style and body type/ facial structure. But they are organic to MB!

inlandisland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
What do you guys think?

Posted via Tapatalk.

Once, months back, my wife walked past while I happened to be looking at these pants on the BB site. Now, whenever clothing comes up, she brings up the "pants with dogs on them" to poke fun at me. But one day, when she isn't expecting it, I will come home in emblematic pants!
plain.gif

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix

^sweet shoes orgetorix! are they Shell cordovan?

Forgot my tripod today and it's cloudy....again, so the lighting in here is better anyways. Apologies for the crappy angle. I took... Holdfast(?)'s advice on the grey trousers. Any better? I'm getting this jacket taken in a bunch tomorrow so the waist is baggy, for now. Think it's gonna fit perfectly afterwards.
biggrin.gif

picsay-1302728785.jpg

picsay-1302728923.jpg

picsay-1302729076.jpg

tshaw

Reaction score
Rich in love, T, rich in love... Glad to hear it, Spoo!
laugh.gif

This suit is from the no cuff era (Versace couture by Zegna) , but I have a few in the works at the tailor that all have 2" anchors. What can I say, they grew on me! I'm so glad we had some influence on you, my friend..
worship.gif

1509b5e9.jpg

Did you post this on 'Rock your socks'?
plain.gif
What shoes are they? Alligator? I have a pair of brown alligator loafers, every time I wear them someone always tells me how nice they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads