Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

TB - these shoes are the ones I was referring to, with your white suit. Nice!!

[​IMG]

2. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Navi - Is that a $100 bill in your pocket?? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Navi

Navi Senior member

No way, who do you think i am? It's 5 100's taped together into a square. [​IMG]

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

[​IMG]
    Spoo-meister, when I first saw today's fit, I thought that it was very low-key for you, until I saw the shoes, and that told me it's the real Spoo. Very nice, in all cases.
    Windsor Wednesday, by request. Unless you are shorter than I am, you can't see anything but the knot...my camera is at lower chest level. Have a good one, Mike [​IMG]
    I think that people's objection to your knot is misplaced anger towards your collar - I personally don't like that extreme a cutaway collar, and not for your face (or mine, for that matter).
    [​IMG]
    The suit is most handsome, but those shoes are da bomb, as they do say [​IMG] .
    New square's first outing, courtesy RJman:
    [​IMG]

Though not as vehement in my lack of love for today's tie selection as Orgetorix, I have seen many of your ties that I would have liked better with today's suit. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    [​IMG]]
    O/O, you would have been better served with a plain yellow wool knit tie for this fit, IMHO - with the dark plaid shirt, you seemed to be looking for a countrified look. Even Buddha has his off days . . .
    The open door is the best part, lending an exciting air of danger to the proceedings.
    Dangerous only if more than photography is being transacted, methinks . . .[​IMG]
    It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    TB, you give good Spoo!
    Nice colourwork, but the sc does look a bit roomy in the shoulder area...at least the right shoulder looks slightly off....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can see from the photos how one might think that - yet another garment to have my tailor take a look at, to see if improvement can be made. Meanwhile, I barely knew it was you, Spoozy - the jacket and the trousers matched![​IMG]

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Brioni blazer
    Brioni pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Armani pant
    MD belt
    Brioni socks
    Lobb bluchers
    Burberry cologne
    Omega watch

6. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

^sweet shoes orgetorix! are they Shell cordovan?
    No, just calf. I did buy them from an Ebay listing with blurry pics thinking they might be shell. I'm happy with them as they are, though.
    Bah! I can see why a Windsor would not work for your style and body type/ facial structure. But they are organic to MB!
    Crusty is right about Mike's spread collar today not working for him, and the Windsor doesn't work for the same reason. He doesn't need anything that emphasizes his wide, square face and thick neck, and that collar and that knot both do. (No offense to Mike intended, of course - he knows I think he's one of the best dressed guys here.)

7. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Crusty is right about Mike's spread collar today not working for him, and the Windsor doesn't work for the same reason. He doesn't need anything that emphasizes his wide, square face and thick neck, and that collar and that knot both do.

(No offense to Mike intended, of course - he knows I think he's one of the best dressed guys here.)

Maybe he can try another Windsor Wednesday with a more moderate collar. Oh, the intrigue of SF!

8. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

I don't know what you are trying to say. Was this run through Google Translate? Here's a tip - jokes are usually only funny in their native language.

'Get your hand off it' means take your hand off your package and stop being a tosser

Here's a tip, stop brown nosing and appreciate a good look for what it is and quit trying to earn points by ass-kissing

9. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

'Get your hand off it' means take your hand off your package and stop being a tosser

Here's a tip, stop brown nosing and appreciate a good look for what it is and quit trying to earn points by ass-kissing

calm down man.

Big A has been here too long to brown nose anyone.

10. Flartchy

Flartchy Senior member

Stop posting.

Don't worry, I get really into a hobby for a few weeks then I'm over it and I move on. [​IMG]

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Don't worry, I get really into a hobby for a few weeks then I'm over it and I move on. [​IMG]

Baby, you are a firework.

12. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

First post in Men's Clothing! [​IMG] INC sweater. White shirt. Maroon/black/gold/silver tie. Volcom slate-colored chino (restructured). Perry Ellis black wingtips. Pierre Cardin bag. Suggestions? Comments? [​IMG]

13. Big A

Big A Senior member

You might not be aware that we in the US stopped keeping up with Aussie lingo in about 1991, thus explaining the box office failure of the third Crocodile Dundee movie, "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles." Although we still hear the occasional "fair dinkum" at our luxurious and tasty Outback Steakhouse restaurants, and I personally enjoy the bone-rattling insanity of a little footy, Australia has faded from the American consciousness enough to basically no longer exist (except during the summer olympics, when we wonder how a nation of outcasts and criminals could produce such an improbably high number of successful athletes).

Thus, I apologize for not recognizing your clever Aussie slang the first time. I'm still not sure what a tosser is, but if it's someone who masturbates, guilty as charged. My wife just had twins, and a man's got to live.

As for my supposed brown-nosing, I just remembered that Phat Guido is Australian too! I might have offended him - oh no! I guess I'll have to double up on the ass kissing, or buy him a schooner of grog next time I see him so he won't spit the dummy

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I guess I'll have to double up on the ass kissing, or buy him a schooner of grog next time I see him so he won't spit the dummy

Might want to make that a Horlicks.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.