• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshaw

Reaction score
TB - these shoes are the ones I was referring to, with your white suit. Nice!!

Sleeve-19.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
No way, who do you think i am? It's 5 100's taped together into a square.
satisfied.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
eb6438a9.jpg

Spoo-meister, when I first saw today's fit, I thought that it was very low-key for you, until I saw the shoes, and that told me it's the real Spoo. Very nice, in all cases.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Windsor Wednesday, by request. Unless you are shorter than I am, you can't see anything but the knot...my camera is at lower chest level. Have a good one, Mike
WindsorWedensday1.JPG

I think that people's objection to your knot is misplaced anger towards your collar - I personally don't like that extreme a cutaway collar, and not for your face (or mine, for that matter).
Originally Posted by Fred49
fred13-009.jpg

The suit is most handsome, but those shoes are da bomb, as they do say
inlove.gif
Originally Posted by Holdfast
New square's first outing, courtesy RJman:
mvBcX.jpg
Though not as vehement in my lack of love for today's tie selection as Orgetorix, I have seen many of your ties that I would have liked better with today's suit. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
]
O/O, you would have been better served with a plain yellow wool knit tie for this fit, IMHO - with the dark plaid shirt, you seemed to be looking for a countrified look. Even Buddha has his off days . . .
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The open door is the best part, lending an exciting air of danger to the proceedings.
Dangerous only if more than photography is being transacted, methinks . . .
devil.gif
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right?
Closeup-87.jpg
Sleeve-19.jpg

TB, you give good Spoo!
Originally Posted by spoozy
Nice colourwork, but the sc does look a bit roomy in the shoulder area...at least the right shoulder looks slightly off....
confused.gif
5615955569_c46c7cd347_z.jpg

I can see from the photos how one might think that - yet another garment to have my tailor take a look at, to see if improvement can be made. Meanwhile, I barely knew it was you, Spoozy - the jacket and the trousers matched!
laugh.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
^sweet shoes orgetorix! are they Shell cordovan?
No, just calf. I did buy them from an Ebay listing with blurry pics thinking they might be shell. I'm happy with them as they are, though.
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Bah! I can see why a Windsor would not work for your style and body type/ facial structure. But they are organic to MB!
Crusty is right about Mike's spread collar today not working for him, and the Windsor doesn't work for the same reason. He doesn't need anything that emphasizes his wide, square face and thick neck, and that collar and that knot both do. (No offense to Mike intended, of course - he knows I think he's one of the best dressed guys here.)

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Crusty is right about Mike's spread collar today not working for him, and the Windsor doesn't work for the same reason. He doesn't need anything that emphasizes his wide, square face and thick neck, and that collar and that knot both do.

(No offense to Mike intended, of course - he knows I think he's one of the best dressed guys here.)

Maybe he can try another Windsor Wednesday with a more moderate collar. Oh, the intrigue of SF!

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I don't know what you are trying to say. Was this run through Google Translate? Here's a tip - jokes are usually only funny in their native language.

'Get your hand off it' means take your hand off your package and stop being a tosser

Here's a tip, stop brown nosing and appreciate a good look for what it is and quit trying to earn points by ass-kissing

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
'Get your hand off it' means take your hand off your package and stop being a tosser

Here's a tip, stop brown nosing and appreciate a good look for what it is and quit trying to earn points by ass-kissing

calm down man.

Big A has been here too long to brown nose anyone.

Flartchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Stop posting.

Don't worry, I get really into a hobby for a few weeks then I'm over it and I move on.
wink.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flartchy
Don't worry, I get really into a hobby for a few weeks then I'm over it and I move on.
wink.gif

Baby, you are a firework.

wannabe

Reaction score
First post in Men's Clothing!
SF-WAYWT-41311.jpg
INC sweater. White shirt. Maroon/black/gold/silver tie. Volcom slate-colored chino (restructured). Perry Ellis black wingtips. Pierre Cardin bag. Suggestions? Comments?
smile.gif

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee

You might not be aware that we in the US stopped keeping up with Aussie lingo in about 1991, thus explaining the box office failure of the third Crocodile Dundee movie, "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles." Although we still hear the occasional "fair dinkum" at our luxurious and tasty Outback Steakhouse restaurants, and I personally enjoy the bone-rattling insanity of a little footy, Australia has faded from the American consciousness enough to basically no longer exist (except during the summer olympics, when we wonder how a nation of outcasts and criminals could produce such an improbably high number of successful athletes).

Thus, I apologize for not recognizing your clever Aussie slang the first time. I'm still not sure what a tosser is, but if it's someone who masturbates, guilty as charged. My wife just had twins, and a man's got to live.

As for my supposed brown-nosing, I just remembered that Phat Guido is Australian too! I might have offended him - oh no! I guess I'll have to double up on the ass kissing, or buy him a schooner of grog next time I see him so he won't spit the dummy

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I guess I'll have to double up on the ass kissing, or buy him a schooner of grog next time I see him so he won't spit the dummy

Might want to make that a Horlicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads