HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Like I said Windsor by request from Mr. Daniels. It is a Half Windsor. I think for a collar with this much spread, it is fine. I tied it tight and the knot is not huge.

Mike

I say it suits you...it goes with your frequently wide lapels and semi-frequent spread collars, broad shoulders and My Suit Can Kick Your Suit's Ass attitude. Nice shades too.

2. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lot of times I don't care for knit ties...too much of a Ralph Hinkley vibe...but this I like.

3. Mr.P

Mr.P Senior member

The open door is the best part, lending an exciting air of danger to the proceedings.

It harks back to that old debate.

4. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

It's Spoo-pose Wednesday, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That says "Spoo" to me. Very nicely done.

6. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

I like this. Can you tell me more about the tie? Wool? How would you describe the knit - it's much less textured than most of the knit, square-end ties I see.
    Looks like a cashmere knit..possibly Marinella. NICE!

7. Navi

Navi Senior member

Like I said Windsor by request from Mr. Daniels. It is a Half Windsor. I think for a collar with this much spread, it is fine. I tied it tight and the knot is not huge.

Mike

Well if you like it then rock it brother, just voicing my opinion, entirely up to you to care or not. I just prefer your normal knots to the windsor. Probably could've worded that post better, my bad [​IMG]

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Spoo, looks nice.
    MBreinin, I'm not feeling the Windsor knot either. IMO they only work when the tie naturally ties a really small knot.
    Holdfast and Olddog/Oldtrix, sorry, but I'm afraid both of you are (rare) pattern/color trainwrecks today. HF, the champagne colored tie doesn't coordinate well with the color of the shirt's stripes, in particular. Swap in a solid navy tie and the rest of the combo might work. But the red/purple of the shirt might still clash with the orange pocket square, I'm not sure. O/O, the intensely colored shirt and tie are fighting each other for attention IMO.
    Threadbearer, sometimes I like the additional interest that the double FIH adds, but sometimes it's just distracting. I think this is the latter.
    PG, not bad. For some reason the suit seems to be calling for a lighter tie, but this works well too.
    Fred49, I [​IMG] those shoes!

Me today...it's been a long day. Square style/fold inspired by Phatty.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

You can not haz it, it iz mine [​IMG]

+1

-1!
    He looks like he totally feels comfortable wearing his stuff and it is always consistent and well thought out. I dig it.

Nice colourwork, but the sc does look a bit roomy in the shoulder area...at least the right shoulder looks slightly off....[​IMG]

Noice, Spoomeister.

Nice overcheck on the suit, but i would have preferred a more colourful tie...this one is too close in tone to the shirting background, in my eyes. What about orange?

IN YOUR FACE, STYLEFORUM !
    [​IMG]

Rarely wearing suits...pants need to be lengthened:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    ^ You've been toying with people. Lately, you are simply going for the jugular. Very nice, Spoozy.

11. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[
    MBreinin, I'm not feeling the Windsor knot either. IMO they only work when the tie naturally ties a really small knot.

Bah! I can see why a Windsor would not work for your style and body type/ facial structure. But they are organic to MB!

12. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

What do you guys think?

Posted via Tapatalk.

Once, months back, my wife walked past while I happened to be looking at these pants on the BB site. Now, whenever clothing comes up, she brings up the "pants with dogs on them" to poke fun at me. But one day, when she isn't expecting it, I will come home in emblematic pants! [​IMG]

13. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]

^sweet shoes orgetorix! are they Shell cordovan?

Forgot my tripod today and it's cloudy....again, so the lighting in here is better anyways. Apologies for the crappy angle. I took... Holdfast(?)'s advice on the grey trousers. Any better? I'm getting this jacket taken in a bunch tomorrow so the waist is baggy, for now. Think it's gonna fit perfectly afterwards. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Rich in love, T, rich in love... Glad to hear it, Spoo! [​IMG]

This suit is from the no cuff era (Versace couture by Zegna) , but I have a few in the works at the tailor that all have 2" anchors. What can I say, they grew on me! I'm so glad we had some influence on you, my friend.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you post this on 'Rock your socks'? [​IMG] What shoes are they? Alligator? I have a pair of brown alligator loafers, every time I wear them someone always tells me how nice they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.