• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
I found some second hand shoes on the internet but am not sure if it is shell or not, it's in the burgundy color.

Did Allen Edmonds have a Shell #8 with brogue/blucher/captoe? They don't seem to now, but I thought maybe they did in the past.

Can't tell without picture. You can post a picture of the crease.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Any tips on how to get the smell of sunscreen off clothes?

I have a few casual shirts that smell of Coppertone from a recent Carribean trip. I've laundered them with regular detergent, but it didn't do much.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what is the most elegant type of cuff to have with spread collar shirts. i think french cuffs appropriate, but would button cuffs look good?

thanks.>!

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
French cuffs are most elegant but I think the mitered button cuff is handsome as well (I prefer button cuffs)

Originally Posted by lovelux2010
can anyone tell me what is the most elegant type of cuff to have with spread collar shirts. i think french cuffs appropriate, but would button cuffs look good?

thanks.>!

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a professional job interview (associate attorney position), all other things being equal, would you wear a pinstriped or solid suit?

TRA8324

Reaction score
I bought a "british khaki" linen suit. I'm trying to decide what to wear with it...

I'm thinking medium/light blue gingham shirt, navy knit tie, and white bucks. Would this look good?

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
French cuffs are most elegant but I think the mitered button cuff is handsome as well (I prefer button cuffs)

thanks. do you think a buttoned cuff should be mitered fro spread collar, or could single button cuffs work?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. do you think a buttoned cuff should be mitered fro spread collar, or could single button cuffs work?

Single buttons are fine. (What is mitered, btw?)

officeboy

Reaction score
What makes a collar fold and fall down just over the button.
widespread1.jpg

You can see this shirt is almost doing it, but i have some older shirts that are horrible for this.
I need to keep a tie knot very tight and the tie up high to keep the collar from dropping.

Anyway to fix or know what causes it?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok cool
i had not heard the term mitered, but if you search "mitered cuff" it does come up with results

Ah, I see. I prefer rounded cuffs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads