• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*EDIT- Vintage Exotics! Sea Turtle Wingtip Gunboats + Foot Joy Lizard Golf Spectators

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome...'nuff said.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas

I feel like the lack of a medallion is noticeable, but then again a medallion might disappear into the background.

Medallion? Those are baller shoes, but combined with the turtle skin, I think a medallion would be huge overkill.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry- I find the look
plain.gif
but whatevs...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes are so awesome. Not anything I'd ever consider wearing, mind you, but more power to you if you can rock them comfortably.
blush.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First time I've seen sea turtle gunboats. Impressive find, especially in your size.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Two words: BALLER STATUS

I can guarantee you I wont be finding these in a 12.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
WARNING!!! This Thread Is NOT Politically Correct. Please save MOST of the "that's just wrong" commentary, as it's already been beaten to death in other threads. If they weren't so freaking old, I would NOT be wearing them. ALSO, I posted this in the Shoe Appreciation thread, but I felt these were just too good of a find, and deserved their own thread. I JUST got these this afternoon. I had originally expected some nice vintage crocodile wingtips, but I was shocked to find... Vintage SEA TURTLE V-Cleat Wingtip Gunboats. 360 degree welt, double thick sole, and natural color. They are slightly greenish black and there is a "marble-like" textured look. Holy Crap!
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0831.jpg
What surprises me most is that, for some reason, all of the sea turtle shoes I've seen before are: 1) In unwearable styles (funky 50's style buckle loafers, etc). If you've seen my SP posts, you know I'm into some OTT stuff as far as shoes, but this is too far for even my tastes. & 2) In bizarre sizes (9 AAAA, etc). Who the hell has a foot that's a 9 in length, and a 6 in width???? Maybe a geisha with "bound feet". Great for a museum piece, but no good for actual wearing. Gunboat style, size 9C. Fit my 8 1/2D's just fine.

I'm like a 10 AAA. I wonder if I could jam into those 9AAAA's EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I'm a triple E. What was I thinking. AAAA must have sawed off some toes.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "book matching" of the hide (especially the toecaps) and lack of evidence of company label tells me these are MTM/special orders maybe bespoke. The flourish in using sea turtle on the underheel plate tells me no expense was spared to get the look of love.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice skin!

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Are they brittle? I'd be affraid to wear them if they were, I'd hate to destroy such amazing beauties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads