• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders' sizes are shrinking!!

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A BoO XL is like a medium in american shirt sizing. These peeps acting like it's huge must have never seen a dumbbell in their life.

Nazareth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
^Another marsupialed comment. Comparing Gap to BoO. You guys kill me.

I'm marsupialed, because you're fat?

A BoO XL is like a medium in american shirt sizing. These peeps acting like it's huge must have never seen a dumbbell in their life.

And an American medium as like an XXL everywhere else. By the way, I DL 2.5x my BW so you can save your whole weightlifting excuse.

Originally Posted by Teger
It varies a lot. IME flannels fit a little looser, batiste are the loosets, and the oxfords starting getting really slim maybe 2 seasons ago. You also see a difference in sizing between oxford colors - white is always the slimmest for some reason. The 'slimmest' BoO shirt is probably the short sleeve oxfords. I'd honestly have to wear like an XXL, simply because of the length. Very, very cropped.

Strange, I recently bought two oxfords from last season and they fit looser than any other BoO's I have. Inconsistency is my one complaint.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found last seasons flannels to be slimmer than my oxfords. (The buffalo check ones). Nosu also said his grey flannel was slimmer than normal as well

Thom Browne is pretty long, but a hem makes them perfect they often hit sales around here pretty hardcore so hemming them isn't an issue for me

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LMAO a 22" pit to pit is huge in your opinion. You do know that's what a BoO XL is right? So I have a 42" chest and a 30" waist & I'm fat right?
facepalm.gif
You know, I actually consider myself pretty small to most of my gym buddies, yet I'm the biggest sizes in most designers, especially higher end stuff. Yet SF thinks if you have over a 38" chest you're huge. Too funny. and this isn't bodybuilding.com, brag about your deadlifts somewhere else small fry
laugh.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nazareth
I don't think most people on this site need to size up due to a shirt being too slim in the chest. I guess I can only speak for myself, but I have to squeeze my shoulders into smaller sizes unless I want 6 inches of extra fabric around my torso. I don't even see the point of buying BoO shirt's if you're an XL-XXL. Why waste the money on a slim shirts if you aren't slim. Try the Gap.

people who have broad shoulders or are tall need those sizes.

Nazareth

Reaction score
LMAO a 22" pit to pit is huge in your opinion. You do know that's what a BoO XL is right? So I have a 42" chest and a 30" waist & I'm fat right?
facepalm.gif

This isn't bodybuilding.com, brag about your deadlifts somewhere else small fry
laugh.gif

Yes, a 22 p2p is huge in my opinion. Even J. Crew largers are smaller than that(21.5). And @ your measurements, if you aren't lying that is, you have a pretty strange body shape. 42 inch chest, 30 inch waist, and a 41 shoe? No offense, but unless you just coincidentally have elf feet you sound like a pretty goofy looking person.

And you were the one who brought up weightlifting, implying that everybody who doesn't wear XXL's is a 120-pound post-emo nerd wearing thick-rimmed glasses. Anyways, I didn't mean to upset you so much. I think you took my hyperbolic generalization a little too personally.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^No point in arguing with this guy, lol.
Originally Posted by Nazareth
Yes, a 22 p2p is huge in my opinion. Even J. Crew largers are smaller than that(21.5). And @ your measurements, if you aren't lying that is, you have a pretty strange body shape. 42 inch chest, 30 inch waist, and a 41 shoe? No offense, but unless you just coincidentally have elf feet you sound like a pretty goofy looking person.
Shows your stupidity in SW&D, as CP's are true to size right? Geez, just stop talking. What's goofy is that you wear BoO shirts with a 36" pit to pit, yet you're deadlifting 2.5x your BW. I'd love for you to post a youtube video of you repping 375, as you weigh what, a buck 50? Hell, I'll paypal you $10 to see this ****. Hahaha getttt outta here dog
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyways, on a thread related note if Nazareth clown will shut up.....

Has anybody got in touch with BoO about sending replacement buttons? I know Gitman sent me a lot of new ones if I wanted them and it would be convenient to have a lot of BoO ones laying around in case any fell off and I didn't notice.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I found last seasons flannels to be slimmer than my oxfords. (The buffalo check ones). Nosu also said his grey flannel was slimmer than normal as well
Yeah, the triple check flannel I had from this F/W fit smaller than the BoO oxfords I have.
Yet SF thinks if you have over a 38" chest you're huge.
On this side I'd say 38 chest is the avg. Over on MC... ****.. a 38 is a scrawny ****** to them. It seems like 90% of MC is 42(suit)+

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There appears to be a wider availability of shirts with fits similar to BoO than there was a few years ago-- e.g. Gittman, WvG, Epaulet, BB Extra Slim Fit, etc. Thus perhaps BoO have tried to go even slimmer in order to differentiate themselves from these lower priced alternatives.

Listening to everyone talk here it often sounds like a badge of honor to make it known that their BoO shirts employ an insanely small sizing model that not everyone can wear. Thus shrinking the sizing down smaller helps BoO maintain this unique (and possibly elite) image.

Additionally since women are increasingly wearing men's clothing, they can still sell the shirts. The existence of the "Boy" label reveals that this is part of BoO's marketing strategy-- it is likely they expect many "Boy" purchasers to also buy pieces from the men's line too.

Thus, shirking the shirts helps maintain their unique image for the men and also helps grow their women's sales.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my mom likes BoO shirts, so you might have a point BB1.

damn son this thread is out of ******* control.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit of BoO is drastically different than Gitman, Epaulet, and BB. Mainly due to the lack of a functioning box pleat as has been discussed. Also, making a 42 = to an XL allows for smaller measurement increases per size, making it more likely to find a good fit.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by loreley
kinda.

I have veins through my midsection and SF calls me fat
laugh.gif

ANYWAYS, has anybody got buttons from them before?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have veins through my midsection and SF calls me fat
laugh.gif

ANYWAYS, has anybody got buttons from them before?

People have gotten buttons from them in the past. Why not buy your own button replacements though? Plenty of nice MoP ones sold on the forum and on eBay.

For everyone complaining about the type of buttons, I've replaced buttons on Gitman and W+H and even Steven Alan oxfords to much satisfaction. Ya'll need to step up the button replacement game. Easy fix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads