• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Totally agree with this. Women go after bad boys for the adventure of it. However, once they hit 30 they start going after the nicer guys because they realize they can't marry the bad boy.

That's a huge cliche and I honestly don't think it's about chasing bad boys for most of them. I just think they develop totally unrealistic expectations because of the barrage of media and delusional girlfriends telling them what they deserve and turning any small flaw into a deal-breaker when most of the time the only thing they have going for them is looks (and most don't even have that). If you offer nothing but something fleeting, you shouldn't be criticizing imo.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i blame masturbation and Appreciation.
guys care less now, b/c jerkin it is quick and easy.

women can be bitches, it's harder.
seriously, it's true.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
i blame masturbation and Appreciation.
guys care less now, b/c jerkin it is quick and easy.

women can be bitches, it's harder.
seriously, it's true.

Do you really think men masturbated less in the past then they do now?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's much easier to do than before with more visual simulation than before.

add in the lack of emphasis on real social interaction and i'd say there's probably a slight increase in masturbatory activities.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
it's much easier to do than before with more visual simulation than before.

add in the lack of emphasis on real social interaction and i'd say there's probably a slight increase in masturbatory activities.

And that has what exactly to do with any of this? MMORPGs made me less intersted in women at one time, but Appreciation never did.
laugh.gif

And I still don't get what this has to do with nice guys finishing last, which is what the OP is about.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I just think they develop totally unrealistic expectations because of the barrage of media and delusional girlfriends telling them what they deserve and turning any small flaw into a deal-breaker when most of the time the only thing they have going for them is looks (and most don't even have that). If you offer nothing but something fleeting, you shouldn't be criticizing imo.

Ironically this is the same thing they say about men. Check the "would you hit it" for confirmation.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
ironically this is the same thing they say about men
Well, I think most men are douches so i'm not too invested in defending them, but I think it's less true. Men that aren't particularly attractive generally know it and don't have all their friends telling them how sexy they look and "OMG you're totally hot and no you don't look fat at all!" until they believe it. Men, as a whole, are basically told to settle for what they can get. Women are never told this and everyone indulges their fantasies. Men, ultimately, are forced to deal with the reality a lot sooner than women are or they will never get laid, ever.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female.

The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female.

The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.

that's awesome.
laugh.gif

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female. The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.
which college town? my school had 70% guys
frown.gif
i'm originally from the tampa bay area...one of the reasons I didn't move back after college is the lack of quality women

Keroberos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
which college town? my school had 70% guys
frown.gif

i'm originally from the tampa bay area...one of the reasons I didn't move back after college is the lack of quality women

Tallahassee.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so ******* crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

+1. Honestly, the hottest chicks I've met, and the smartest ones (med/law students, etc), are the least opinionated about their 'ideal guy' and least likely to make generalizations about relationships.... it's the lonely fat or average-looking chick that's always ranting on and on about abstract ideals for that crap, probably because they're compensating for their own insecurity. That isn't to say that parts of the article aren't true, it's just that if you're halfway intelligent and moderately experienced in relationships, you do them instinctively.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mandres
In my experience teens and early 20's chicks prefer the "bad boys". Once they're out in the real world they come around quickly when the bad boys end up operating heavy equipment for a living.

+1

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so ******* crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

Alas that is pretty much the single straight North American women under 45 demographic right there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads