• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
.....until they hit thirty, realize whatever sex appeal they had is waning, and then start bitching about how difficult it is to find a nice guy. The fact that some women even read crap like this is lulzy.

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/luc...tand-nice-guys

12 Reasons Women Can't Stand Nice Guys

By Lucia

Not real: Nice guys are too nice. No one can always be that nice unless they're a saint. They are busy being nice instead of being real and women instinctually don't trust that. Bad boys "keep it real". Nice guys don't want to upset the apple cart.

Respect: No one respects a doormat. Nice guys don't set boundaries or make any real demands. A bad boy doesn't let a woman walk all over him or control him. Women can't respect a man they can control. No respect = No attraction.

Predictable: Most people lead boring, predictable lives, so they're attracted to people who are exciting and a bit unpredictable. Bad boys are always a challenge. Nice guys are never a challenge. Predictable + No excitement + No challenge = I prefer a bad boy.
Mother Nature: Women are designed to nurture. However, instead of doing this with children, they often end up doing it with bad boys. They think their love will save them. Nice guys rarely need to be saved.

Fixer-Upper: Nice guys don't usually need to be fixed. Bad boys usually do, so they become a project. Women think if they can "create" the perfect man, he will never leave them. Also, if they're busy fixing someone else, they don't have to look at what needs to be fixed in their own lives.

Sperm wars: Women are designed to procreate with the strongest possible genes. Bad boys are sending an unconscious message that they have great genes, so they're not afraid of losing the woman by misbehaving. Nice guys are sending a message that they don't think their genes are good enough, so they won't misbehave.

Fear of intimacy: If a woman is afraid of intimacy, she subconsciously knows she can avoid it with a bad boy, since she can never get close enough to him to have to go there. A nice guy will eventually want a commitment, and that's scary.

Low self-esteem: We don't feel comfortable with people who treat us better than we treat ourselves. If you don't think much of yourself, the bad boy is simply reinforcing your negative belief. A nice guy is treating you in a way you're not familiar with.

Sex: Women feel a nice guy won't be good in bed. They sometimes like to be manhandled and think a nice guy won't be able to take control and get the job done. A bad boy comes across as being able to deliver, even though that may not always be the case.

Hot: Have you ever seen a bad boy who wasn't hot? I'm sure there are a few, but they wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff they did if they didn't look so good. Meanwhile, when a woman describes someone as a nice guy, she means, "He's not hot".

Charm: Nice guys don't always know what to say, and are sometimes at a loss for words. Bad boys can be very charming and know exactly what women want to hear. However, they eventually switch over to being selfish. By the time they reveal their true colors, the woman has fallen for them and has a hard time letting go.

Protection: Historically, men have protected women - physically and otherwise. Bad boys give the illusion of being able to protect women, while with nice guys, women aren't so sure.

Life is about balance. Most men fall into either the bad boy or the nice guy category. The ideal man is neither, but walks that fine line between the two. Until men learn how to do this, more often than not, women will choose the bad boy, until they realize that his bad qualities outweigh his good ones.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was a bad boy.

I'm still bad, but not in the good sense but in the old and crochety sense.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That description makes it look like a "nice guy" is some Uncle Fester type motherfucker.

Some guys are just overly nice, because they get nervous around women or they think it will get them *****. Social skills will always get you lots of ***** and it doesn't matter how ******* ugly you are.

christinedaae

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
That description makes it look like a "nice guy" is some Uncle Fester type motherfucker. Some guys are just overly nice, because they get nervous around women or they think it will get them *****. Social skills will always get you lots of ***** and it doesn't matter how ******* ugly you are.
ARticles about why women don't like certain guys, which are written by women are more useless than condoms in a monastery god that article is a load of crap. women dont like nice guys becuase becuase nice guys in the sense that they are trying to portray, are not a challenge, she feels that if she can get him head over heels with her, she can get someone better at least to LOOK at her, and contrary to the media and popular belief, women actually do want to be lead by a man. The rest of the crap she posted is gibberish coming from a woman to try to rationalize her actions. However I blame men more than I do women. Most men don't screen women anywhere near enough, all women are seen as perfect objects of objectivity just because they have clitoris. When is the last time you seen a "stupid chick versus a smart chick" article lol? or a "the advantage of dating whales versus normal skinny women" article. You won't, becuase in society's eyes, no matter what your history, how you were raised, or whatever the case if you are a woman, you are 100% objective and your opinion is all that matters. Most of these women throw red flags after red flags, and men blinded by the pursuit of you know what ignore every last one of them. Some women are so fucked up, it doesn't matter what game you put on them they are going to be fucked up and even if you do hit it, it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going. Screening women and walking away, seriously walking away and not looking back, will eliminate 80-90% of the problems you have with the opposite sex outside of actually talking to women. But most men dont' do this because they believe that women are going out of business so to speak and the one they have is the last good one left. Which is why I'm' such a big proponent of getting out and talking to women in everyday life, not goin to clubs per say but you see a cuitie in starbucks, say something. you see a cute girl doing your clothes at the laundry mat, say something. You see a cute waitress, say something. You are more quickly to dismiss if you know there are other options out there.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
ARticles about why women don't like certain guys, which are written by women are more useless than condoms in a monastery

god that article is a load of crap.

women dont like nice guys becuase becuase nice guys in the sense that they are trying to portray, are not a challenge, she feels that if she can get him head over heels with her, she can get someone better at least to LOOK at her, and contrary to the media and popular belief, women actually do want to be lead by a man. The rest of the crap she posted is gibberish coming from a woman to try to rationalize her actions.

However I blame men more than I do women. Most men don't screen women anywhere near enough, all women are seen as perfect objects of objectivity just because they have clitoris. When is the last time you seen a "stupid chick versus a smart chick" article lol? or a "the advantage of dating whales versus normal skinny women" article. You won't, becuase in society's eyes, no matter what your history, how you were raised, or whatever the case if you are a woman, you are 100% objective and your opinion is all that matters.

Most of these women throw red flags after red flags, and men blinded by the pursuit of you know what ignore every last one of them. Some women are so fucked up, it doesn't matter what game you put on them they are going to be fucked up and even if you do hit it, it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going.

Screening women and walking away, seriously walking away and not looking back, will eliminate 80-90% of the problems you have with the opposite sex outside of actually talking to women. But most men dont' do this because they believe that women are going out of business so to speak and the one they have is the last good one left. Which is why I'm' such a big proponent of getting out and talking to women in everyday life, not goin to clubs per say but you see a cuitie in starbucks, say something. you see a cute girl doing your clothes at the laundry mat, say something. You see a cute waitress, say something. You are more quickly to dismiss if you know there are other options out there.

No, not really.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I helped change fuji from this:
IMG_2500.jpg
to this:
IMG_4774.jpg
who says things like this: (in response to the 'what are you getting your spouse/SO for Valentine's Day?' thread)
Originally Posted by fuji
Bottle of $7 gin and a shag.
typical bad boy ****.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
you see a cute girl doing your clothes at the laundry mat, say something. You see a cute waitress, say something. You are more quickly to dismiss if you know there are other options out there.
If I see a cute girl doing MY clothes at the laundromat, I'm more than likely going to say something.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I helped change fuji from this:

IMG_2500.jpg

to this:

IMG_4774.jpg

who says things like this: (in response to the 'what are you getting your spouse/SO for Valentine's Day?' thread)

typical bad boy ****.

So you put his hair straight up/out, got him high, changed his shoes and gave him a jacket. Man, you are incredible.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
So you put his hair straight up/out, got him high, changed his shoes and gave him a jacket. Man, you are incredible.

Something tells me you don't come here for the clothes....
redface.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Oh he looks different, there's no doubt about it. You just took his look from nerdy to dipshit. I suppose that is an improvement, but not one worth bragging about.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Fuji just grew up, he's like 18-19 and he was 15-16 in the first photo.

Woman who read these amazing articles aren't any more stupid on average than SFers who speak their minds about women/relationships here.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hair looks **** in that photo, I look marsupialed. Yeah I'm 17 now and I was 15 in that photo, maybe 16.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads