1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by FLMountainMan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If you are rich and are having a hard time achieving bad boy status, consider buying more Chrome Hearts

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Women are all different and want different things.

They're almost like human beings that way!

1 person likes this.
  3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

They're almost like human beings that way!

LURK MOAR NOOB

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Why didn't Jodie Foster fall for John Hinckley?[​IMG]

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'm definitely a bad boy. Bitches love card tricks.

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I think there's probably some grain of truth to many of these assertions, but they're sunk by some real clunkers:

Throw in some sciency words to make your shit sound legitimate! It would have been enough just to say that women pursue men who are already in demand.

This seems to assume the stereotype that all nice guys look like Conne and all bad boys are mysterious brooding studly Taguty adonises. Wouldn't it be enough just to say that the guys who can afford to get away with acting like assholes... do?

Really!?! I know almost nobody who falls into the stereotype of either.

Notice I said "stereotype" and not "archetype". The more people try to qualify this distinction of nice guys and bad boys, the more I'm convinced there's absolutely nothing substantive at the base of it.

It's useful, I suppose, for "dating coaches", "relationship experts" and other charlatans who need to make themselves seem useful.

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/25485

I doubt a "dating/relationship expert specializing in Cougar relationships" would have much to say that would be material to my situation, the situations of those in my peer group, or those of most people reading this. Her teachings obviously have to be watered-down enough as not to jar the middle-of-the-road sensibilities of the viewerships of Dr. Phil and the Tyra Banks show, so she just repackages lessons gleaned from Hollywood movies as novel insights.

7. Star

Star Senior member

Hmm I lucked out with a chick who thought I was too nice. Her BF is supposedly BadAss. I have worked for a house in an affluent suburb, he shares accomodation with 6 others. Now who do you think in the long term is going to have an easier life? The nice guy or the badass? ..... She can have him.

8. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I smoke cigarettes and ride a chopper and don't give a fuck! I listen to this crazy "rocking-and-rolling" music that all the hip teens are shaking their pelvises to these days!

9. Mandres

Mandres Well-Known Member

In my experience teens and early 20's chicks prefer the "bad boys". Once they're out in the real world they come around quickly when the bad boys end up operating heavy equipment for a living.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

In my experience teens and early 20's chicks prefer the "bad boys". Once they're out in the real world they come around quickly when the bad boys end up operating heavy equipment for a living.

Yay, chicks select their mates w. money as a criteria, those greedy bitches.

11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

ARticles about why women don't like certain guys, which are written by women are more useless than condoms in a monastery god that article is a load of crap. women dont like nice guys becuase becuase nice guys in the sense that they are trying to portray, are not a challenge, she feels that if she can get him head over heels with her, she can get someone better at least to LOOK at her, and contrary to the media and popular belief, women actually do want to be lead by a man. The rest of the crap she posted is gibberish coming from a woman to try to rationalize her actions. However I blame men more than I do women. Most men don't screen women anywhere near enough, all women are seen as perfect objects of objectivity just because they have clitoris. When is the last time you seen a "stupid chick versus a smart chick" article lol? or a "the advantage of dating whales versus normal skinny women" article. You won't, becuase in society's eyes, no matter what your history, how you were raised, or whatever the case if you are a woman, you are 100% objective and your opinion is all that matters. Most of these women throw red flags after red flags, and men blinded by the pursuit of you know what ignore every last one of them. Some women are so fucked up, it doesn't matter what game you put on them they are going to be fucked up and even if you do hit it, it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going. Screening women and walking away, seriously walking away and not looking back, will eliminate 80-90% of the problems you have with the opposite sex outside of actually talking to women. But most men dont' do this because they believe that women are going out of business so to speak and the one they have is the last good one left. Which is why I'm' such a big proponent of getting out and talking to women in everyday life, not goin to clubs per say but you see a cuitie in starbucks, say something. you see a cute girl doing your clothes at the laundry mat, say something. You see a cute waitress, say something. You are more quickly to dismiss if you know there are other options out there.
    Probably the soundest advice I have seen on dating in about 10 years and this coming from someone who could be considered at first glance, a nice guy. Unfortunately that is equated with doormat which I am not, I am a gentleman, a rare breed these days.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The problem is, most people who are "nice guys" are actually huge pussies. I'm pretty nice, but I stand up for myself and assert myself in social situations. I've gotten about as much ass as someone with my looks and money should get (i.e. a moderate amount)

13. word

word Senior member

Like most advice articles for women all this does is justify(wrongly) why things have gone wrong with their own relationships so they don't feel guilty about it. Pins the blame on the dude (nice guy is a pretty easy scape goat it seems) so they feel better about themselves and their failed relationships. What's funny is it blames nice dudes and bad boys. To me that's saying it's all our fault. Uh, go choke on a bag of dicks bitch.
    it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going.
    wtf is ROI?

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

return on investment.

15. word

word Senior member

16. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Like most advice articles for women all this does is justify(wrongly) why things have gone wrong with their own relationships so they don't feel guilty about it. Pins the blame on the dude (nice guy is a pretty easy scape goat it seems) so they feel better about themselves and their failed relationships. What's funny is it blames nice dudes and bad boys. To me that's saying it's all our fault. Uh, go choke on a bag of dicks bitch.

wtf is ROI?

Put simple pass the buck and not take ownership for their own mistakes. Great a couple of generations of inner teenagers, joy.

17. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

The problem is, most people who are "nice guys" are actually huge pussies. I'm pretty nice, but I stand up for myself and assert myself in social situations. I've gotten about as much ass as someone with my looks and money should get (i.e. a moderate amount)

It's called being a gentleman and unfortunately most North American women have no experience with one so we we get lumped with the "nice guys", ick.

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Of all the dumbfuck lines in that article, this one is the worst:
    If you stop looking at high schoolers, most men are going to fall somewhere between "nice guy" and "bad boy."

19. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

ummm, so you're saying that bad boys end up less successful? what makes you think this?

Or are you just bitter and want to believe that the guy who got the girls in high school will somehow end up unattractive?

20. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Of all the dumbfuck lines in that article, this one is the worst:

If you stop looking at high schoolers, most men are going to fall somewhere between "nice guy" and "bad boy."

It's definitely a dumbfuck line. When you peel away the bullshit, it basically reads: "Women don't know what kind of guy they really want, and the burden is on guys to figure it out for them."

1 person likes this.