• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Just got a beautiful pair of John Lobb "Langton" oxfords, 8E 1105 Last from Dr. No

Just need some trees for them now. Does anyone know if JL trees are lasted? Also - what price are they roughly?

TIA!

Not lasted. About 80GBP. There are lots of threads in Men's Clothing on this topic.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wolfjaw
haha fair enough. would you point me in the direction of a pair of brown loafers you do like? and do you guys prefer with or without tassels? or is it situational. i'm in the learning stages so i'm asking a lot of questions
smile.gif

Any of these would be less objectionable loafers.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Not lasted. About 80GBP. There are lots of threads in Men's Clothing on this topic.

Cheers. Where are these threads? Done a search for "lobb tree" in title and came up with a blank.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize the maker of these shoes from the soles?

il_570xN.189999453.jpg

il_570xN.189999431.jpg

krspdla

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I don't know if I'm alone in feeling this way, but I'm 19 years old and cannot find an overcoat that I looks appropriate on me. I'm not really sure what to wear over my suits (yeah, I have to wear them quite often) when I'm outside in Canadian winters. Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of coat I could wear?

Yorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krspdla
Hey everyone, I don't know if I'm alone in feeling this way, but I'm 19 years old and cannot find an overcoat that I looks appropriate on me. I'm not really sure what to wear over my suits (yeah, I have to wear them quite often) when I'm outside in Canadian winters. Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of coat I could wear?

Originally Posted by Nicola
Simple answer an overcoat -)

What doesn't look appropriate to you?

I'm not sure what looks inappropriate on him, but I do need advice on Coat in Canadian winters as well.
Huge distances, open spaces, ice cold winds, lots of walking, and wool/cashmere overcoats don't help.

So far the only thing that saves me is Canada goose, and Shearling coat. any other suggestions?

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yorsch
I'm not sure what looks inappropriate on him, but I do need advice on Coat in Canadian winters as well.
Huge distances, open spaces, ice cold winds, lots of walking, and wool/cashmere overcoats don't help.

So far the only thing that saves me is Canada goose, and Shearling coat. any other suggestions?

But your Toronto winters are practically warm compared to the -40 we get up here... I'm perfectly fine in a wool overcoat. What kind of distances are you walking?

Yorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
But your Toronto winters are practically warm compared to the -40 we get up here... I'm perfectly fine in a wool overcoat. What kind of distances are you walking?

I don't even know how you survive there.

With no car and busy schedule between school and work I'm talking like 15-20 minute walk daytime and about same around midnight (the worst).

Plus, I'm a very cold person myself.

Since, you know what I'm talking about, tell whats the warmest appropriate jacket I can get?

skywalker

Reaction score
anyone know where to buy swaine adeney brigg stuff? I know the UK has a website, I was hoping there was a U.S. website or two.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Under what circumstances can a suit jacket length be extended? I hear a few people mention that their tailor can take it down a few cm's, but does that apply to only certain RTW brands that leave some room there?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Cheers. Where are these threads? Done a search for "lobb tree" in title and came up with a blank.
A search for "Lobb shoe trees" not limited to thread title turns them up in the first couple pages of search results. The info is spread out across several threads (I don't recall the exact thread titles), but there's lots of it out there.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Under what circumstances can a suit jacket length be extended? I hear a few people mention that their tailor can take it down a few cm's, but does that apply to only certain RTW brands that leave some room there?
I've never heard of a jacket's length being extended. Issues of proportion aside, I cannot imagine a maker who leaves a fabric allowance through the front quarters of a jacket that would permit extending its length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads