• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

elgreco

Reaction score
Super stoked! Thanks for the information, gentlemen.

I really do have to praise the customer service that Mark, in his Monocle interview, emphasized is one of the reasons they are not yet ready to expand. Over the course of the past month or so, Alan has displayed the patience of a saint as I have peppered him with question after question regarding their shoes. If it weren't for his prompt replies and detailed answers, I wouldn't have felt nearly as confident ordering from the Armoury. But, this has been one of the most rewarding aspects of the entire experience. Not once was there ever any indication that the questions I asked were trivial and/or stupid.

Thank you Mark and Alan. I very much look-forward to the receipt of my purchase!

EDIT: They JUST arrived (3:08 pm on Tuesday, Mar. 22). I ordered them on Saturday...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
Super stoked! Thanks for the information, gentlemen.

I really do have to praise the customer service that Mark, in his Monocle interview, emphasized is one of the reasons they are not yet ready to expand. Over the course of the past month or so, Alan has displayed the patience of a saint as I have peppered him with question after question regarding their shoes. If it weren't for his prompt replies and detailed answers, I wouldn't have felt nearly as confident ordering from the Armoury. But, this has been one of the most rewarding aspects of the entire experience. Not once was there ever any indication that the questions I asked were trivial and/or stupid.

Thank you Mark and Alan. I very much look-forward to the receipt of my purchase!

EDIT: They JUST arrived (3:08 pm on Tuesday, Mar. 22). I ordered them on Saturday...

How the hell is it possible to deliver in such a short time? Do they hand deliver them?
laugh.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Anyone purchased that Burdundy Carmina Adelaide yet?
I'd like to see more pics of it.

Yes, fam. (not me) I think the pics are on the damage thread.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
How the hell is it possible to deliver in such a short time? Do they hand deliver them?
laugh.gif

It'd be hilarious if yfyf showed up at someone's doorstep with a pair of shoes, got a signature for delivery, then ran back into a waiting van and tore down the street to the next SF residence.

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Can anyone comment on the ring jackets at all? I've got a slim (moar like skinny) but tallish frame and was wondering if i could pull it off

They're built for an Asian frame.

I tried one last year and I can't imagine I'd need to alter anything more than the sleeves.

Check out yfyf's photos on his Tumblr. He says he wears them directly OTR.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ring Jacket is great. The model I have fits my frame well and I have an athletic build, i.e. not that slim. I only needed to shorten the sleeves.

w.o.e., I think that's my plaid jacket in the top photo.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Ring Jacket is great. The model I have fits my frame well and I have an athletic build, i.e. not that slim. I only needed to shorten the sleeves. w.o.e., I think that's my plaid jacket in the top photo.
I thought the coat in the celebrity DTO challenge looked familiar... Have the same suit. If that is your plaid jacket it is off the hook. Please send it to me... Thanks.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg
asdfasdfaw.jpg
Here is a fit pick of my Ring Jacket Navy Suit from The Armoury. Since my virgin wearing [posted], I got the collar altered as it was a bit nit picky. But aside from that, a few comments on the fit... I got the 42R with 34W trousers, and took them in about an inch or so. The jacket fits great, the shoulders have virtually no padding, the sleeves are quite narrow, and the armholes quite high. The jacket has a lovely roll to it, and there is a decent amount of waist suppression and open quarters. The pants are a bit on the tight side, especially the thighs. They fit a little better now that exams are rolling around and I have started dropping weight again. They are not uncomfortably tight, but fit a bit tighter than HY pants which I consider to be my best fitting pants. I have worn the suit to some OCIs, and I have received nothing but compliments. Hope this help, I would be glad to answer any other questions. The 'rumples' are due to my shirt, not the jacket. Wearing a non-altered BB slim fit shirt, when I really need some XSF in my life. Also, the collar problems and stuff are pretty much due to my horrible photography skills.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads