The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Might have to try them out, thanks!

They're built for an Asian frame.

I tried one last year and I can't imagine I'd need to alter anything more than the sleeves.

Check out yfyf's photos on his Tumblr. He says he wears them directly OTR.

2. dbc

dbc Senior member

Might have to try them out, thanks!

FWIW, I'm picking up one on my next jaunt to HK (next month) and I'll post some fit pics up if you're interested.

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anyone purchased that Burdundy Carmina Adelaide yet?
    I'd like to see more pics of it.

I need better shoe trees. And a good polish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

Try RL trees for $55. If those are on the alcudia last you may need to size down on the trees. Alternatively you can search ebay for full sorta like lasted) trees in your size. I recently picked up a pair for $12.

5. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Try RL trees for $55. If those are on the alcudia last you may need to size down on the trees. Alternatively you can search ebay for full sorta like lasted) trees in your size. I recently picked up a pair for $12.

Alternately, you can pick up a pair of Woodlore Epics for 20 bucks. Check the Cedarville Store thread for the current coupon code. I just ordered a pair for my Carminas.

6. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Carmina Simpson-lasted suede captoes: [​IMG]

7. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

8. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ Those are great.

9. Ejirardo

Ejirardo Senior member

Love those Carmina Suede Cap Toes on the Simpson last. Question, how do you find the fit of the Simpson last, true to size or a narrow fit? I ask because I have a bit wider foot and was wondering the fit of the Simpson as I would like to purchase these shoes. Thank you in advance.

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Beautiful. Last, model and suede colour.

11. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Love those Carmina Suede Cap Toes on the Simpson last. Question, how do you find the fit of the Simpson last, true to size or a narrow fit? I ask because I have a bit wider foot and was wondering the fit of the Simpson as I would like to purchase these shoes. Thank you in advance.

I will admit they are a bit snug currently. I (currently) wear a 9.5 UK on 348-lasted C&Js, and Alan told me that last was comparable to the Simpson last. However, Alan also advised that perhaps I should size down a half size because I found that on my 348-lasted C&Js, I had quite a bit of room to push my toes forward, thus leaving about a half-inch of space between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

That said, this is their first day out, so I am breaking them in and I imagine they will be a lot better after some regular wear.

12. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Carmina Simpson-lasted suede captoes:
    [​IMG]

This is one of the nicest and most versatile suede colours I have seen. Works with light and dark pants, from chinos to wool. Great choice.

13. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I will admit they are a bit snug currently. I (currently) wear a 9.5 UK on 348-lasted C&Js, and Alan told me that last was comparable to the Simpson last. However, Alan also advised that perhaps I should size down a half size because I found that on my 348-lasted C&Js, I had quite a bit of room to push my toes forward, thus leaving about a half-inch of space between my heel and the heel of the shoe. That said, this is their first day out, so I am breaking them in and I imagine they will be a lot better after some regular wear.
    Glad it worked out! As the suedes do stretch out a bit more than normal leather would, and given that your existing 348's are quite roomy, that half size down should give you a very soft + snug shoe! Definitely don't size half down for the normal leather options though.

14. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Glad it worked out!

As the suedes do stretch out a bit more than normal leather would, and given that your existing 348's are quite roomy, that half size down should give you a very soft + snug shoe!

Definitely don't size half down for the normal leather options though.

Absolutely. They've gotten noticeably more comfortable already after three wears, and I'm excited for what they'll feel like when I've had them for a 1+ years.

15. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Probably won't take that long to wear it in - sounds like they are well on their way already!