• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have to try them out, thanks!

Originally Posted by dbc
They're built for an Asian frame.

I tried one last year and I can't imagine I'd need to alter anything more than the sleeves.

Check out yfyf's photos on his Tumblr. He says he wears them directly OTR.

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Might have to try them out, thanks!

FWIW, I'm picking up one on my next jaunt to HK (next month) and I'll post some fit pics up if you're interested.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Anyone purchased that Burdundy Carmina Adelaide yet?
I'd like to see more pics of it.

I need better shoe trees. And a good polish.

carmina1.jpg

carmina2.jpg

Carmina_Inca-1.jpg

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try RL trees for $55. If those are on the alcudia last you may need to size down on the trees. Alternatively you can search ebay for full sorta like lasted) trees in your size. I recently picked up a pair for $12.

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Try RL trees for $55. If those are on the alcudia last you may need to size down on the trees. Alternatively you can search ebay for full sorta like lasted) trees in your size. I recently picked up a pair for $12.

Alternately, you can pick up a pair of Woodlore Epics for 20 bucks. Check the Cedarville Store thread for the current coupon code. I just ordered a pair for my Carminas.

elgreco

Reaction score
Carmina Simpson-lasted suede captoes:
5556205074_d8832b0116_z.jpg

Ejirardo

Reaction score
Love those Carmina Suede Cap Toes on the Simpson last. Question, how do you find the fit of the Simpson last, true to size or a narrow fit? I ask because I have a bit wider foot and was wondering the fit of the Simpson as I would like to purchase these shoes. Thank you in advance.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. Last, model and suede colour.

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ejirardo
Love those Carmina Suede Cap Toes on the Simpson last. Question, how do you find the fit of the Simpson last, true to size or a narrow fit? I ask because I have a bit wider foot and was wondering the fit of the Simpson as I would like to purchase these shoes. Thank you in advance.

I will admit they are a bit snug currently. I (currently) wear a 9.5 UK on 348-lasted C&Js, and Alan told me that last was comparable to the Simpson last. However, Alan also advised that perhaps I should size down a half size because I found that on my 348-lasted C&Js, I had quite a bit of room to push my toes forward, thus leaving about a half-inch of space between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

That said, this is their first day out, so I am breaking them in and I imagine they will be a lot better after some regular wear.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
I will admit they are a bit snug currently. I (currently) wear a 9.5 UK on 348-lasted C&Js, and Alan told me that last was comparable to the Simpson last. However, Alan also advised that perhaps I should size down a half size because I found that on my 348-lasted C&Js, I had quite a bit of room to push my toes forward, thus leaving about a half-inch of space between my heel and the heel of the shoe. That said, this is their first day out, so I am breaking them in and I imagine they will be a lot better after some regular wear.
Glad it worked out! As the suedes do stretch out a bit more than normal leather would, and given that your existing 348's are quite roomy, that half size down should give you a very soft + snug shoe! Definitely don't size half down for the normal leather options though.

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Glad it worked out!

As the suedes do stretch out a bit more than normal leather would, and given that your existing 348's are quite roomy, that half size down should give you a very soft + snug shoe!

Definitely don't size half down for the normal leather options though.

Absolutely. They've gotten noticeably more comfortable already after three wears, and I'm excited for what they'll feel like when I've had them for a 1+ years.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably won't take that long to wear it in - sounds like they are well on their way already!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads