• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
anybody doing the silent group buy on sufu through quarry? prices are pretty decent

enlighten me please?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found a super cheap otr shirt that fits me decent. I picked up a lands end boys size L ocbd and I think it fits me well. will post a waywt tomorrow to let sf decide. definitely fits better than the size s lec stuff. quality is meh, but whatever.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom_Haverford.jpg
Brooks Brothers Boys, it's like the cuts are slimmer, and it's cheaper. Win win.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
my favorite trousers I have right now are from epaulet and they're pretty damn baggy on me, love it.
yea relaxed is def back imo

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
If you're bored with an entire article of clothing, your aesthetic is making it boring. Not an attack, just the indisputable, absolute, incontrovertible, undeniable truth. 100%. Super serial. Thuper. Therial. Dude. Ervell made mad print shirts this year. Dries did an amazing paint splatter print this year and has done a placket that twisted around the back (might've been a cardigan, though). Taralis and Raf both do futurist panel shirts on the regular. Geller has done band collar, pin collar, ribbed cuff+hem, shoulder pleating, fencing placket, dip dye, to name a few. Thom Browne has that classy ass grosgrain trim. Uniqlo does 30924809324 plaids. Oh God, Ann D does drawstring, bloused, assymmetric, tie dyed, insane buttoning. I've seen like 3 different versions of metal blend shirts that cause the fabric to twist and shink/stretch. So why is your aesthetic making shirts boring?
Doing one weird thing to a shirt doesn't all of a sudden make it interesting. Very rarely does a shirt actually catch my eye. Dries paint shirt is awesome, twisted placket looks dumb, asymmetric looks really dumb, and I can go on and on. Most of these tiny little details don't really add anything more than "oh that's neat". I buy a lot of prints, have different fabrics, hidden plackets, etc but ultimately to me if it ever boils down to "I can buy a few shirts or buy this ******* awesome leather or these high tops or boots blahblahblah", it will never be the shirts. You're right though, my aesthetic makes it boring. I'm perfectly fine with a solid oxford, cause if your shoes and your jacket look good, it doesn't matter what shirt it is.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
pics?
Waiting for my new battery and charger for my camera to come in the mail.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Got my 2010 DR, and it actually fits quite well - as intended in the design anyway, so a little short for my usual tastes but that's what it's meant to look like and I knew that when I bought it. So that's good. The materials and construction seem to live up to all the hype.

One thing I wasn't aware of though, is that the "blacked out" apples to all hardware EXCEPT the snaps for buttoning down the collar, underneath. So it looks pretty weird to wear the collar up as there are 4 suddenly very noticeable metallic nipples sitting there.

Hence, the following question: what should I do in order to make my blacked out DR fully blacked out? Only thing I can think to use is nail polish, which will probably come off if I actually use the snaps to snap the collar down ever.

As posted in TOJ thread, same kinda thing I was dealing with with my SNS knit which I haven't done yet.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
yea relaxed is def back imo

To the extent it is "back," it seems more like a drapey look than a 1992 relaxed fit, which people should still hate.

volatile

Reaction score
Why do some people insist on obscuring their photos on this site? All the silly facial overlays distract from the fits!

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by volatile
Why do some people insist on obscuring their photos on this site? All the silly facial overlays distract from the fits!
i do it because i've seen people link to 4chan posts where they post pics from WAYWT, and i'd rather not have pictures of my face on 4chan in other news, i just found out that i'm getting back the equivalent of about $1000 back from the taxman because apparently i was on some emergency tax code most of the year. spend it all on one thing y/n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads