• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Dodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
the henley i'm wearing is a size small. they're actually running long this year - longer than last falls. and bigger all over i think. if I could reorder or return I would get it in an xs. I think at 6' 180 you should be good with a large.

more pics...bush pant, double gauze

3bcb3b8b.jpg

a1c58b84.jpg

which nice shirt is the one you are wearing in this pictures? I want one badlyyyyy
smile.gif
smile.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dodo
which nice shirt is the one you are wearing in this pictures? I want one badlyyyyy
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thank you, it is the double layer gauze button down

DCU

Reaction score
Thank you, it is the double layer gauze button down

Could you comment on the fit of the shirt (I assume that you got this in sz. S)?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCU
Could you comment on the fit of the shirt (I assume that you got this in sz. S)?

The fit is definitely true to size - a little bit larger than I expected even. And yes, a small. Very soft. Will be nice when the weather warms up...

thatguymj

Reaction score
The fit is definitely true to size - a little bit larger than I expected even. And yes, a small. Very soft. Will be nice when the weather warms up...

Appreciate the sizing insight, slack.

as others have said, those bush pants are dope, especially in navy.

ghostdog123

Reaction score
Slack your styling is on-par if not better with W+H's lookbook styling, have you tried contacting them for a job?

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
If anyone is interested.........I have the large loop terry in heather charcoal, brand new in L....Don't like the fit -- let me know By the way, what hoodie is the one at the bottom? The lining is white and so is the zipper, but the zipper is black on Rodengray.........confusion (Picture credit to slack couple pages back)
c00dcc91.jpg

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never liked the anti-fits and I couldn't point out why (everyone here seems to love them) until some lady friends pointed out and said "diaper butt pants." Now I can't see them without thinking about someone wearing a diaper.

Urijah1086

Reaction score

Slack you have given me great sizing advice for gitman vintage shirts so i would greatly appreciate your advice on how to size in W+H shirts. Im 6' 146 and wear an XS in jcrew would that correlate to a S in the wings+horns double gauze shirt and a small in their oxford as well? Really appreciate the help!

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I love the patterns on the S/S plaids but can't for the life of me figure out what size I am, anybody know how slim they run? I typically wear a M in most shirts but have this funny feeling that I would need an L in W+H shirts.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey slack, what shoes are those in the above pics?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
crappy pic but this shows the sizing of the sweatshorts and double layered pocket crew in size small. Both pieces fit true to size. The hat is by Hattan who I hope picks up some steam soon. repro 6 panel 40's baseball cap.

decent athletic type look for the spring/summer I guess..

0243ccd9.jpg

note the shorts are no where as thick as last year. as stated, just the double layered jersey. great for sleeping.

At 5'10 145 lbs, 30" waist, should I go size small on these as well?

DCU

Reaction score

Thanks for the sizing advice. Does anyone remember if this shirt was available in sz. XS? Unfortunately, they already seem to be sold out of most sizes at Roden Gray.

Originally Posted by ThomSquared
I love the patterns on the S/S plaids but can't for the life of me figure out what size I am, anybody know how slim they run? I typically wear a M in most shirts but have this funny feeling that I would need an L in W+H shirts.

I'm not sure if this helps you but I got these measurements on the S/S button-down plaid shirt in sz. S:

Pit-to-pit: 20''
Shoulder-to-shoulder: 16''
Total length: 28"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads