1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

buttons are probably sewn by machine or hastily by hand.

probably someone didn't spend enough time on them.
    i agree that you shouldn't have these problems spending this kind of money.

2. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

where can I find the black loop terry hoodie in a sz medium (5'8 145-150)?

sucks haven, RG & fourhorsemen are sold out. I was hoping to avoid customs.

3. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Senior member

Have you tried Gravity Pope or Holt Renfrew?

4. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

try Nomad too. Next time I go I will look for you

5. botfc

botfc Senior member

I had two buttons fly off in the change room, so I feel your pain. Though, a very inexpensive fix, it shouldn't be a problem on 200 dollar pants.

I have owned 6 pairs of W+H chinos and even though I keep reading about the buttons falling off, I've never had this issue.

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Gravity Pope hasn't been getting a lot of WH lately.

Ordered the Organic Slub Olive Henley from 4Horsemen, will update y'all on it.

7. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

every button but one on two pairs of W&H has fallen off. 12.5% success rate on button sewing. The pants are still worth it though. Great materials, construction (other than button sewing), and cut.

8. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Anyone know of repairing the loop terry hoodies? I got the charcoal one just this past February on sale, brand new, it might have actually been early this month on sale. I haven't worn it more than five times and I see a small hole on the shoulder, right next to the heavy stitching, almost as if it's been pulled away at the heavy stitching. Should I contact W+H? Kinda pissed...

9. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Thanks inwonderland & s3lam. No luck though finding the black terry though. I wasn't aware of nomad, nice site. I see holt renfrew still doesn't have an online shop though?

I want the indigo terry as well, it's just tough buying these things w/ summer just around the corner, ya knoow?

update: So going by haven's measurements, the difference between the M and L is one inch in length and one inch in the chest. The sleeves on the large are only 1cm longer. I wish they would post the front shoulder measurements[​IMG]

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

holt reinfrew's selection usually is only a few pieces. and it's hard to find in the DT vancity location.

if i remember, nomad didn't have an online site till recently?
    new news to me.

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

every button but one on two pairs of W&H has fallen off. 12.5% success rate on button sewing. The pants are still worth it though. Great materials, construction (other than button sewing), and cut.

I just had a top button fall off a pair of olive west point twills from (2?) seasons ago. Funny thing is, I remember unboxing them for the first time, and I thought at that point (i.e. brand new) the button would pop off at any moment. But....it stayed on for a while - almost 2 years. With washes too. But it finally fell off, and I took it to the regular old dry cleaner and asked for button reinforcement. For all 5 (?) buttons on the fly, it was a $4 fix. Moving forward, if a button appears to be on the verge, I'm just going to go ahead and rip it off and bring it to the cleaners before you lose the button all together (as I almost did the last one). If possible, I like to keep the originals instead of using the sewn-in replacement buttons -- just to still hold onto those in case you did really lose one. I've had all my cardigans which I know I will wear season after season, and all of my west point twills reinforced (all $4). Also, my chambray mountain parka (which has a huge amount of buttons if you look at the jacket), and those were all reinforced for $12. Now I need to find a place who can replace the entire zipper system as that is less than desirable on the parka. I do think the button issues are mostly isolated to the west point, still made in CA, twill chinos. For what it's worth, the JP stuff -- pants and button downs -- I have seen no button issues the past two seasons. In fact I probably couldn't rip one off with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Anyone know of repairing the loop terry hoodies? I got the charcoal one just this past February on sale, brand new, it might have actually been early this month on sale. I haven't worn it more than five times and I see a small hole on the shoulder, right next to the heavy stitching, almost as if it's been pulled away at the heavy stitching. Should I contact W+H? Kinda pissed...

Immediately to me that sounds like moths (which isn't crazy...) but I know that hoodie is too new to get eaten away. Pretty surprised to hear of that, actually. As you know I have the same hoodie. I wonder what sending an email to Rob Lo would accomplish. I've heard of him responding to button issue emails by sending out packs of buttons, but never anything more than that. If you don't go the contact W+H route, I guess a trip to the tailor or dry-cleaner is in order. They won't be able to replicate the stitching, but on the positive side, maybe it will lead to kind of cool looking uniqueness and contrast adding a bit of character. But understandably frustrating..

I want the indigo terry as well, it's just tough buying these things w/ summer just around the corner, ya know?

I'd been waiting for the Indigo Terry in crew neck to hit US domestic shops and I saw one did and snatched a small yesterday. In route now from Boston. This is one of the pieces I've been really interested in. The fit looks nice on the model shots I've seen (though, very slim/small arms it appears, but that is okay). I want to see the color fade out of the blue and see how it evolves in the wash. Should have some fits this weekend. Just have to be careful to not wear the indigo-dyed crewneck fresh out of the box with a pair of raw denim on the new white couch (0!). I think a few pages back I've read of massive color fade and transfer [​IMG]

As for a tough call to make, headed into the warmer seasons - I had the same thought. But there are so many situations in the spring and into summer evenings that call for a pair of shorts and a long sleeve (lighter weight) sweatshirt that I think it will serve it's purpose year-round. (my justification at least). Also, I think we still have at least a month to wait for the rest of the "real" summer stuff (shorts, contrast polos, maybe some more tees, side note: Denim) that it should allow sufficient time to rebuild funding... [​IMG]

12. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

how many sweatshirts do you own?

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

A ton. I've considered doing a closet pic, but have opted to not. Maybe sometime, though.

But I have a lot of sweatshirts. Among other garments. I get tired of things quickly (sans 5-15% of purchases) and either give away or sell what I don't wear to keep closet space manageable.

14. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Yeah nomad has had an online shop for a little while now. I just wished they updated it more regularly. They have a ton of Wings and Horns stuff but haven't put it up on their online shop yet.

15. filth

filth Senior member

Hey slack, did you recieve the blazer yet? Take fit pics!

16. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Curious on this button issue.

On both my chinos, when I try to button up the fly...the button below the one I'm trying to button comes undone about 50% of the time.

If you know what I mean...like I'm trying to button it up and as I get to the top, the bottom ones have already come undone. Weird, right? Doesn't seem like an issue, but when you're standing at the urinal trying to get your pants done, it is!!! [​IMG]

17. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Hey slack, did you recieve the blazer yet? Take fit pics!

Hey man - I did receive it, and fast - thanks!

However...I think I finally met a w+h size small which I can't squeeze into! [​IMG] I thought I had the size nailed with p2p of 19" (which it is, your measurements were spot on), but I am having a difficult time pulling it off. With a t-shirt, or very thin shirt - fine. But I have my doubts if I tried to wear it more formally with trousers, button down, and tie, that it would look right, size wise. I may be between a S and M in this particular piece.

Still sitting on it, though...

But thank you again for fast shipping, reaching out to me per my ad in my signature (that is always nice..), and following up, post sale. Much appreciated!

Interest check: Spring/Summer '10 W+H Ventile Cotton 3-Button field Jacket Blazer, Navy Blue. Size small. Brand new w/o tags. Myself and the original owner (filth) have each tried it on once.

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

^ hey slack is the cotton blazer a true small or bigger?

19. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

The one from last year, which I have, I would describe as a snug, slim , cropped small. Ideal for a 34-36 chest (but a 36 chest may be pushing it if you plan to wear more than t-shirt underneath). Awesome piece, exactly what I wanted -- just sized it wrong.

Still waiting for details on this year's blazer. The two colors I've heard are khaki and grey. Hoping on a navy.

edit; this is it, below. If I decide to keep it, I'll do a fit this weekend..

[​IMG]

20. Feji

Feji Senior member

Slack the indigo terry sweater is easily my favorite W+H piece I've picked up so far. The arms are cut a little shorter versus the F/W cashmere sweaters. I was actually purposefully rubbing my elbows on a white table cloth at a restaurant to get some fading going on (I'm sure they hated the blue i left behind).

I'm look at the sweater in the same light as a denim jean project, and can't wait to see what kind of characteristics it builds after a couple months.

Edit : typed shoulders, meant elbows...