• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Filipe

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of recommendations for a navy blazer, but can I wear it with a light blue OBCD shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans? Wouldn't that make the entire outfit a little boring?

yesssir

Reaction score
Does anyone know how often pediwear gets new sizes in of C&J and AS? They seem to be out of my size in all of the styles I like from them.

Bartlebooth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Filipe
I've been reading a lot of recommendations for a navy blazer, but can I wear it with a light blue OBCD shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans? Wouldn't that make the entire outfit a little boring?
A) That look isn't so much boring as classic. B) Good fit can make a 'boring' outfit look outstanding. C) If you wanna peacock that outfit, try a pocket square.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Too short. Get rid of it for something longer.

Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Yeah, too short. If it were a more casual, unstructured jacket, it would look better, but with the pockets and roped shoulders, it looks funny short.

Already did.Thanks for advice!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help me find this shirt please.

So, I was outbid 2x in the last seconds of an ebay auction. Actually, the price went $40 higher than my bid so it is what it is.

I'd like to find a shirt similar to this. Please help? Thank you

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

acekerman

Reaction score
smile.gif

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
I've had lots of success with mytailor.com. Good stiff collar, holds up well. Fabric - hard to say since they have so many options - can't really compare. Can't go wrong with Thomas Mason though.

Thanks wetnose. I didn't know they had fabrics from Thomas Mason. I will check them out.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?

Agriff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agriff
Ok, so I'm generally not someone who enjoys to spend a ton of time or money on fashion, but I do love to spruce up my wardrobe with some H&M every once in a while. Yesterday I went shopping and two of the things I picked up were a plaid patterned shirt- a mix of light greens, white, and red; and a pair of watermelon pants. Not thinking too heavily and eager to throw on some color, I combined the two. Sure it's a loud statement, but the pants matched perfect with the colors on the shirt, even if the pants did reinforce the watermelon vibe that the shirt already going for it.

My girlfriend saw the outfit later in the day and her reaction was to ask me if I had gone outside yet. According to her, waaay too much going on, and the garish colors make me look like a golfer. Of course I stubbornly defended myself, but inside I felt ashamed and could easily see her point.

Was this a huge fashion mishap as I'm starting to think it was, or do I have allies here on SF that can give me permission to let my quasi-obnoxious hipster flag fly??

Originally Posted by Dinhilion
Pictures please

Here you go

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do not understand why you think FIVE photographs are needed to illustrate the thing - all virtually the same as well. It is however a common style made the world over and nothing at all special. Look in any decent shop that sells leather fr many and you will see it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?

above the text box is a square icon with mountains click on it paste the link in there you may need to allow pop ups

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads