Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

I've been reading a lot of recommendations for a navy blazer, but can I wear it with a light blue OBCD shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans? Wouldn't that make the entire outfit a little boring?

2. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Does anyone know how often pediwear gets new sizes in of C&J and AS? They seem to be out of my size in all of the styles I like from them.

3. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior member

I've been reading a lot of recommendations for a navy blazer, but can I wear it with a light blue OBCD shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans? Wouldn't that make the entire outfit a little boring?
    A) That look isn't so much boring as classic. B) Good fit can make a 'boring' outfit look outstanding. C) If you wanna peacock that outfit, try a pocket square.

4. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Too short. Get rid of it for something longer.

Yeah, too short. If it were a more casual, unstructured jacket, it would look better, but with the pockets and roped shoulders, it looks funny short.

Already did.Thanks for advice!

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Thoughts on these? I really need some new shoes, and these seem solid for the price. What say you?

Grenson for Barney's

6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Help me find this shirt please.

So, I was outbid 2x in the last seconds of an ebay auction. Actually, the price went $40 higher than my bid so it is what it is.

I'd like to find a shirt similar to this. Please help? Thank you

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

7. acekerman

acekerman Member

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I've had lots of success with mytailor.com. Good stiff collar, holds up well. Fabric - hard to say since they have so many options - can't really compare. Can't go wrong with Thomas Mason though.

Thanks wetnose. I didn't know they had fabrics from Thomas Mason. I will check them out.

9. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?
    [​IMG]

10. Agriff

Agriff New Member

Ok, so I'm generally not someone who enjoys to spend a ton of time or money on fashion, but I do love to spruce up my wardrobe with some H&M every once in a while. Yesterday I went shopping and two of the things I picked up were a plaid patterned shirt- a mix of light greens, white, and red; and a pair of watermelon pants. Not thinking too heavily and eager to throw on some color, I combined the two. Sure it's a loud statement, but the pants matched perfect with the colors on the shirt, even if the pants did reinforce the watermelon vibe that the shirt already going for it.

My girlfriend saw the outfit later in the day and her reaction was to ask me if I had gone outside yet. According to her, waaay too much going on, and the garish colors make me look like a golfer. Of course I stubbornly defended myself, but inside I felt ashamed and could easily see her point.

Was this a huge fashion mishap as I'm starting to think it was, or do I have allies here on SF that can give me permission to let my quasi-obnoxious hipster flag fly??

Pictures please

Here you go
    [​IMG]

11. svd

svd Senior member

Here you go

I'm with the GF here.

12. GBR

GBR Senior member

I really do not understand why you think FIVE photographs are needed to illustrate the thing - all virtually the same as well. It is however a common style made the world over and nothing at all special. Look in any decent shop that sells leather fr many and you will see it.

13. GBR

GBR Senior member

But not that jacket. The details are important.

It has no unique detailing.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Why do my attachments come in small size? How do I post a bigger picture? Is it because I am a "junior member" with few posts?

above the text box is a square icon with mountains click on it paste the link in there you may need to allow pop ups

15. Dinhilion

Dinhilion Senior member

I'm with the GF here.
    The pants are too close to the shirt stripes. If they were diffeernt shadesyou might, and only might be able to pull it off.