1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Tatum Rag

Tatum Rag Active Member

2. square wave

square wave Well-Known Member

Will there be a third markdown on Purple Label stuff and if so how long do I need to wait? (second markdown was wednesday)

3. Avidius5

Avidius5 Member

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone familiar with the Bay Area can share where to look for deals on suits (cheap). I am considering hitting up the malls first to check out low-end retailers like H&M, but even then, a lot of the stores do not carry everything. So which particular H&M store (which mall?) actually carries suiting/tailoring because I have never seen such a section previously. Another place is probably BB store in Santana Row, but with my current circumstance I consider that even too expensive.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking for a black shoe for interviews and the like. The AE Weybridge in black is on sale at Nordstrom's for just $162.90. Sound good to you all?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...oxford/3115447

Some might say that a floating medallion isn't very conservative and you should stick with a punch cap, or captoe, but I think these would be good.

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Looking for a black shoe for interviews and the like. The AE Weybridge in black is on sale at Nordstrom's for just $162.90. Sound good to you all?
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-ed...oxford/3115447

Weybridges at that price are a great deal (I paid $210 at the Nordy's sale 3 years ago), but as stated, they are a little flashy for interviews. Get black captoes for that, but then treat yourself to the Weybridges in Chili. My favorite AE!

7. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Are Brunello Cucinelli ties 7 fold...? I'm trying to replicate one to go with my Cucinelli suit.

8. deburn

deburn Senior member

Some might say that a floating medallion isn't very conservative and you should stick with a punch cap, or captoe, but I think these would be good.

From what I've read on SF, the plainer the shoe, the more formal it is, and vice versa, but I agree with patrickBOOTH. I think it would pass muster with most people and the price can't be beat!

I ordered the same shoe from Nordy's, also in black, and I just got them today - half an hour ago. My first nice pair and I'm very pleased.

9. Anm1984

Anm1984 Senior member

10. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

I'm looking for the name of this men (left) who has an own shop in Italy. Or a website where i can order his selfmade ties. [​IMG]

11. Mimosa

Mimosa Well-Known Member

I wear a 6EE in most Allen Edmonds shoes (various lasts). I was wondering if Aldens are similar sized compared to AE. Wider? Longer? etc.

More specifically I'm looking for Monk Strap Oxfords and other styles not available in AE.

Thanks

Mim

12. Jessi319

Jessi319 New Member

I'm a Newbie to this forum, and hope I'm posting this correctly. Question: How do you determine the age of a Vintage Versace belt? I am seeing them referred to as "pre death" and I figure that affects the value. Here are photos of a belt I have and would love to know more about it. TIA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I'm looking for the name of this men (left) who has an own shop in Italy. Or a website where i can order his selfmade ties.

[​IMG]

Lino Ieluzzi, the name of the shop is al bazar. A google search will reveal a LOT of information

14. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Lino Ieluzzi, the name of the shop is al bazar. A google search will reveal a LOT of information
    It's hard to google if you dont know the name of the person, to find out his shop [​IMG].

15. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I'm a Newbie to this forum, and hope I'm posting this correctly. Question: How do you determine the age of a Vintage Versace belt? I am seeing them referred to as "pre death" and I figure that affects the value. Here are photos of a belt I have and would love to know more about it. TIA

SpooPoker has encyclopaedic Versace knowledge, you could try PMing him about it.

16. Jessi319

Jessi319 New Member

SpooPoker has encyclopaedic Versace knowledge, you could try PMing him about it.

Thank you!

17. dah328

dah328 Senior member

new to the forum and learning would this be considered a good year round blazer? if not please explain

http://www.shopthefinest.com/showpro...ze-40-us-50-eu

Yes, a medium-weight blazer is about as close to a year-round blazer as you can get.

18. macaca

macaca New Member

does anyone know who makes these boots? [​IMG]

19. david123

david123 Senior member

It's hard to google if you dont know the name of the person, to find out his shop [​IMG].

I saw him in person at his shop 3 days ago. Cool dude.

20. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

I am developing a fondness for not ironing my linen shirts and their crepe appearance. Also, I have always classified rayon as a synthetic fabric which I consider as a group to be low class (except for exotic hiking running fabrics).

FeedbacK?