• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
Got my taupe flannels in the mail today. The photos on the website don't even begin to do them justice. If I'd have seen these in person when they came out I'm sure they would have been an instant purchase. If you're on the fence, buy them.

Awesome, glad that you're pleased with them. Thanks!

Originally Posted by bakatora
that's it. when black rivet chinos come out, they have to be named sex panther.

60% of the time it works every time!

Originally Posted by BeingBot

Gant Rugger
Epaulet
Epaulet
Epaulet

Rocking Epaulet all day son.
devil.gif

Sharp fit - thanks for posting the pic!

Originally Posted by nbernie
any word on when the gant by MB stuff is coming online?

Definitely next week, we've got it all shot and measured. The Seersucker sportcoat is so f-ing good!

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Hey Mike,

I am getting interested in purchasing either McNairy Saddle Shoes or Navy Longwing. I wear 9 in Chucks, 10D in Sperry, 9/9.5 in RW and can fit in 9.5 J Crew dress shoe (Gifford I think, never bought one, but I tried it on once in a store). I'll wear 10 in Nike, Adidas etc. I have been told to size down on the McNairy, but how much? What size do you think would be best for me 9 or 9.5? If anybody else has experience with these sizes please let me know as well.

Cheers,

i wear a 10 in RW, Clark's DB, and Quoddy. A McNairy 10 is snug, but stretches to perfect after a few wears. Go for a 10.5 for a slightly roomier fit, but by no means "loose."

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,
It was a pleasure finally metting you. My tailor better have these hemmed in 24 hours, I want to wear these walts sooo ******* BAD!

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LPatterson
Mike,

May be asking for a bit much here, but are there any plans for grey Smiths?

Mike did an interest check on this a few months back:

Originally Posted by Epaulet
If I was to make a Grey Smith, would you guys care if it wasn't selvedge? Kurabo carries a fantastic mid-grey tone, but it's only non-selvedge. As a bonus, the price could probably be $125 on them, as each jean uses much less denim.

Still sounds good to me!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any more Ashland oxfords in the works for spring? I'd like to try the fit but am hoping for some other patterns/fabrics.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Any more Ashland oxfords in the works for spring? I'd like to try the fit but am hoping for some other patterns/fabrics.
+1 also, I picked up the new point collar in blue w/ white accent for work. Looks sharp imo.. did not pull the trigger on the mash-up yet. Scared. Probably will though.

laughter95

Reaction score
Mike,

Just to let you know, there's an error on your website. The Lavender Pinstripe Shirt has the wrong photo and shows the Microcheck shirt in the picture.

And also I sent you an email regarding my recent rudy purchase.

Thanks!

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fuckin gorgeous in person. Cannot wait to buy more, **** is gonna be my go to trouser come S/S.

ffatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
i wear a 10 in RW, Clark's DB, and Quoddy. A McNairy 10 is snug, but stretches to perfect after a few wears. Go for a 10.5 for a slightly roomier fit, but by no means "loose."
Hey man, Thanks for the input. I wear 9.5 in Clarks and Quoddy. So, I think I will go 9.5 in McNairy as well. I don't want to size up on these since I will wear them sockless quite a bit. From your response it seems like sizing down on McNairy does not make a lot of sense. Not sure why people recommend that. Are they too wide or long for their tagged size? See what Mike has to say. Cheers,

sonicreducer

Reaction score
the term "sizing down" can be pretty arbitrary, because it depends on what you are sizing down from.

for example, i wear an 11 in new balance, nike, etc. so i would "size down" an entire size from these for mcnairy's. i wear a 10 in red wing, clarks, quoddy, etc., so i would go "true to size" from those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads