• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Really like the blue madras shirt and the point collar white oxford. Are you getting any new shirts that will be online within the next week?
Thanks

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of in the same boat as you slack tide, except I already had a bunch of grown up clothing that I'm trying to replace so that it looks like a grown up bought his grown up clothing.... anyway.

This is what Mike told me about the Super 120's:

basic dress trouser with a year-round weight and a RIDICULOUSLY nice hand
I would have bought a pair already, except I'm looking for lighter colors. If Mike puts out some tropical wool in mid- to light-grey again, I'll snag those.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Kind of in the same boat as you slack tide, except I already had a bunch of grown up clothing that I'm trying to replace so that it looks like a grown up bought his grown up clothing.... anyway.

This is what Mike told me about the Super 120's:

I would have bought a pair already, except I'm looking for lighter colors. If Mike puts out some tropical wool in mid- to light-grey again, I'll snag those.

Appreciate the info..

I too actually have a closet full of grown up clothes (tho retired and gathering dust for several years) that I tried to pull off the bench. Just spent a boat load at the tailor trying to fix 5 slacks and two suits. But it didn't do it and I decided I can't wear any of it. So starting from scratch. Have a post on the MC forum general questions asking about suits too
frown.gif

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
dsoren, you're still about that gant parka with the 22" p2p measurement
Maybe I'm not grasping how wide that is - for some reason I feel like a parka should fit on the baggier side, no? I'm in a ******* parka conundrum. Picked up a WWM one at Mortar last week but it's going back tomorrow, not substantial enough, and I need a louder color than navy.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine from the pics. I have the same shirt...it does shrink quite a bit but that worked in my favor and now fits perfect whereas before the dry it was just too big.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah looks fine dude. i dont take care of my laundry really so i order size smalls and shrink them on purpose

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
For those of you out there with Rivet chinos, can you please tell me how much heavier the heavyweight stone compared to the regular weight chinos?

Thanks.

The weight is given on the website...that being said, they feel quite a bit heavier. I love them and wish I would have had them earlier in the season. My thoughts and dress are more toward spring at the moment.

nbernie

Reaction score
I think it's okay but a little too small. Wouldn't do it again on purpose.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Fellow EP'ers -

Ever since I accidentally threw my sweet Epaulet shirt in the dryer, I have been insecure as to whether or not it's too small for me now. Advise:

photo1cr.jpg

(Excuse the ****** iPhone pic and terrible hair)

For comparison, pic with the shirt on right out of the box:

img0720f.jpg

Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads