• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
50ml is 250 and 100ml is 300. If would be wise to go with the larger bottle
smile.gif

Ahem...
Originally Posted by Rambo
I think it would be more financially feasible to get the large bottle and either make larger splits or split it up 10 ways.
Originally Posted by loveswatching
Ditto and/or Wall Street as well. How would Bond No9 bottles be decanted?
Same way all other fragrances are decanted - somebody buys the large bottle and empties out the juice into smaller bottles.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
update - The Ormonde Jayne Split Will Stay Open Until The End Of The Week 2/7. The Order Will Be Placed 2/8. Please Notify Me If You Want To Get In On The Split Before That Time.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Jubilation XXV
Frankincense, labdanum ciste, coriander, davana, blackberry, orange, gaicwood, rose, honey, bay, orchid, cinnamon, clove, celery seed, opoponox, patchouli, myrrh, musk, moss, atlas cedarwood, ambergris, oud, immortelle

41801.jpg

More Information Here

loveswatching

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Same way all other fragrances are decanted - somebody buys the large bottle and empties out the juice into smaller bottles.
I understand but the bigger bottles dont have a sprayer making it easy. I am assuming the idea is to keep spraying into the vial until its full, correct?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I understand but the bigger bottles dont have a sprayer making it easy. I am assuming the idea is to keep spraying into the vial until its full, correct?
If it doesn't have a sprayer then you use a dropper or something similar to measure out and transfer the liquids.
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
is no one interested in my tuscan leather split now? i had so many pms prior
Try PM'ing them. People get wishy washy about these sorts of things.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
is no one interested in my tuscan leather split now? i had so many pms prior

I'm somewhat interested but I'm in Canada, thus the lack of a PM from me. Perhaps this is part of the issue?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to elt anyone that might be interested in the Creed Virgin Island Watewr Split that there are 2 spots left. Shipping out tomorrow morning if anyone wants to get in on it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
I'm somewhat interested but I'm in Canada, thus the lack of a PM from me. Perhaps this is part of the issue?

+1, same here.

boo

Reaction score

I'd add that its much easier for larger decants without a sprayer. If you order from accessoriesforfragrances, they will usually throw in a few funnels and pipettes as freebies. 1ml, depending on the sprayer, is maybe 12 pumps. If you're trying to empty out a 100ml bottle, that's about 1200 pumps! And many sprayers will often start leaking after around 30-50 consecutive sprays, so you'll end up losing juice to spillage.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I'd add that its much easier for larger decants without a sprayer. If you order from accessoriesforfragrances, they will usually throw in a few funnels and pipettes as freebies. 1ml, depending on the sprayer, is maybe 12 pumps. If you're trying to empty out a 100ml bottle, that's about 1200 pumps! And many sprayers will often start leaking after around 30-50 consecutive sprays, so you'll end up losing juice to spillage.
Spraying into a smaller bottle, especially with some of these oddly shaped bottles, is a tremendous pain **********. The bottles that I can open up and get into are so much ******* easier to work with. Not to mention the loss just from the eventual misting of the fragrance after spraying. You end up with an entire counter full of fragrance mist. That's fun to clean up.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip

Originally Posted by sonick
+1, same here.

Well so far I have one person who has expressed interest in 10 ml, but I am waiting to hear from him whether he's in for sure or not.

I don't know how much shipping to canada would cost, but would you guys be interested in $55-60 shipped?

loveswatching

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I'd add that its much easier for larger decants without a sprayer. If you order from accessoriesforfragrances, they will usually throw in a few funnels and pipettes as freebies. .
Thats what i did. Ordered a couple of 1oz bottles from AFF. Took my TdH and decanted it using the funnel. Was not very pleased with the outcome. I mean it worked fine without spillage but its a pain **********.

1ml, depending on the sprayer, is maybe 12 pumps. If you're trying to empty out a 100ml bottle, that's about 1200 pumps! And many sprayers will often start leaking after around 30-50 consecutive sprays, so you'll end up losing juice to spillage
That's what i am wondering while i read up on Bond 9 split. Dont see how that would work.

Do you suppose the fragrance loses some element while exposed to air or am i just imagining things?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads