• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
Shoemart has the #8 wingtip boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole that is regularly stocked:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html

I think Alden's in whiskey shell would retail for more than $575. Also, the soles on those don't look like the typical Alden double oak leather sole.

I have been comparing the BB whiskey to Aldens. The medallion is the same. The only difference is that the BB model contains double stitching above & below the broguing along the sides. The Alden model only has single stitching, so it is possible that it's Florsheim.

The look very similar.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Are these long wings made by Alden or Florsheim?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
The lookbook calls them "Duckey," so I assume they are Florsheim. In addition, the Florsheim brogue is $575, as is this shoe.

Those are in fact the Florsheim Duckey Browns, they're made in India (but allegedly using Horween leather).

I've always thought "imported" was code for not made in USA, England, or Italy.

shasta

Reaction score
wow! cookie crisp!

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_...amois_736.html

alden_x_unionmade_tassle_mocc_in_reverse_chamois_3.jpg

nomometal

Reaction score
Is is the general consensus that the Aberdeen last is narrower not shorter than the Barrie? My personal experience is that the Alden is a full size smaller than my other brands. However, guidance from Carmel that the Aberdeen is a half size shorter isn't my finding. My 2146s seem just as long as my Blackbird x Alden shortwings on the Barrie last. Where I notice the difference is in the fit across the width across the top. Maybe a stretching? I certainly find the Barrie more comfortable, and wonder if shouldn't size the Aberdeen in an E width to get the same feel?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by king*stink
Mac great looking boot. I wore my jcrew cap toe boot today. Though no fit pic to show

On the alden 403 vs the jcrew indy. I prefer the stitching of the real indy. I didn't like that the jcrew indy changed it up. Thats why i went with the 403.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Thank you... thinking about dying the edge on the whiskey to something closer to antique. Any thoughts?

why?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
23qz6f6.jpg

whiskey ptb

racknac

Reaction score
Whats everyone's thought on these? I was looking for something that would be super comfortable and something I could wear everyday and more casual... anyone have experience with the Copley last?

al-9572fls.jpg

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have the cherry red brogues, no complaints, seem made quite well tho it's "made in india" and at FxDB prices you'd think they were made in USA like originally were. Mine have a good amount of miles walked in them and no problems. Yes, the cordovan is horween

speaking of Aldens, just bought the cordovan #8 Smooths as an early bday gift to myself
JG30_1.jpg

Every man needs a pair of these Aldens in the flavor of his choosing.

Um, I think I heard Florsheim Royal Imperials are made in the US. Can someone comment?

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
Whats everyone's thought on these? I was looking for something that would be super comfortable and something I could wear everyday and more casual... anyone have experience with the Copley last?

al-9572fls.jpg

Looks pretty good but would be better as a boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads