***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Shoemart has the #8 wingtip boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole that is regularly stocked:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html

I think Alden's in whiskey shell would retail for more than $575. Also, the soles on those don't look like the typical Alden double oak leather sole.

I have been comparing the BB whiskey to Aldens. The medallion is the same. The only difference is that the BB model contains double stitching above & below the broguing along the sides. The Alden model only has single stitching, so it is possible that it's Florsheim.

The look very similar.

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Are these long wings made by Alden or Florsheim?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

The lookbook calls them "Duckey," so I assume they are Florsheim. In addition, the Florsheim brogue is $575, as is this shoe.

Those are in fact the Florsheim Duckey Browns, they're made in India (but allegedly using Horween leather).

I've always thought "imported" was code for not made in USA, England, or Italy.

3. shasta

shasta Senior member

4. nomometal

nomometal Member

Is is the general consensus that the Aberdeen last is narrower not shorter than the Barrie? My personal experience is that the Alden is a full size smaller than my other brands. However, guidance from Carmel that the Aberdeen is a half size shorter isn't my finding. My 2146s seem just as long as my Blackbird x Alden shortwings on the Barrie last. Where I notice the difference is in the fit across the width across the top. Maybe a stretching? I certainly find the Barrie more comfortable, and wonder if shouldn't size the Aberdeen in an E width to get the same feel?

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Mac great looking boot. I wore my jcrew cap toe boot today. Though no fit pic to show

On the alden 403 vs the jcrew indy. I prefer the stitching of the real indy. I didn't like that the jcrew indy changed it up. Thats why i went with the 403.

thank you

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Thank you... thinking about dying the edge on the whiskey to something closer to antique. Any thoughts?

why?

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey ptb

8. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

why?

Never had an edge this light, although on the picture you just posted, I kind of like it as a change of pace.

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey ptb

those look sweet, i'm thinking of picking a pair from shoemart. What last are those?

10. racknac

racknac Senior member

Whats everyone's thought on these? I was looking for something that would be super comfortable and something I could wear everyday and more casual... anyone have experience with the Copley last?

[​IMG]

11. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

I have the cherry red brogues, no complaints, seem made quite well tho it's "made in india" and at FxDB prices you'd think they were made in USA like originally were. Mine have a good amount of miles walked in them and no problems. Yes, the cordovan is horween

speaking of Aldens, just bought the cordovan #8 Smooths as an early bday gift to myself
    [​IMG]

Every man needs a pair of these Aldens in the flavor of his choosing.

Um, I think I heard Florsheim Royal Imperials are made in the US. Can someone comment?

12. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Whats everyone's thought on these? I was looking for something that would be super comfortable and something I could wear everyday and more casual... anyone have experience with the Copley last?

[​IMG]

Looks pretty good but would be better as a boot.

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

this is preparation for spring/summer weather... wearing them sockless.

14. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

15. racknac

racknac Senior member

those look too clunky... don't know if i could wear those with shorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.