***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Are these long wings made by Alden or Florsheim?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

The lookbook calls them "Duckey," so I assume they are Florsheim. In addition, the Florsheim brogue is $575, as is this shoe.

2. Tcameron

Tcameron Senior member

After giving up on my dream of Chromexcel Wingtip Aldens from LSW, moved up and dig the Color 8 Shell from Alden of Carmel, the AF79. One thing - I'm not digging the rubber soul - what are my options if I was a leather soul wingtip boot?

3. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior member

After giving up on my dream of Chromexcel Wingtip Aldens from LSW, moved up and dig the Color 8 Shell from Alden of Carmel, the AF79. One thing - I'm not digging the rubber soul - what are my options if I was a leather soul wingtip boot?
    Maybe something like this: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...gtip-boot-lsw/

4. Tcameron

Tcameron Senior member

5. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

6. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

They look like 'Sheims and are worth closer inspection, imo.

If they're Alden produced I'm a buyer. Florsheim, not so much...

7. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Leffot was taking orders earlier - check them out.

8. forex

forex Senior member

The lookbook calls them "Duckey," so I assume they are Florsheim. In addition, the Florsheim brogue is $575, as is this shoe.

That would suck,I would prefer them to be Alden made. I will kop if they are Alden,will pass if they are Florsheim. Are Florsheim made in the US,anybody?

9. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Has anyone got their Alden Irregulars email from Shoemart recently? I have not received mine since Nov.

10. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Has anyone got their Alden Irregulars email from Shoemart recently? I have not received mine since Nov.
    +1 to that question

11. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Shoemart has the #8 wingtip boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole that is regularly stocked: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html
    Are these long wings made by Alden or Florsheim? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=
    I think those are Whiskey Alden longwings
    I think Alden's in whiskey shell would retail for more than $575. Also, the soles on those don't look like the typical Alden double oak leather sole.

12. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I haven't been getting them regularly, and even worse I've been getting dropped size by size from the lists.

13. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

Anyone with comments on the quality/build of the DB x Florsheim longwings? I've seen them in person and thought they were solid, gy welted, leather soles and lining, and shell is sourced from Horween afaik, but I'm far from being an expert on shoe construction and have only handled them in store.

14. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

They haven't emailed them out in a while. I have contacted them, and they confirmed that the list isn't currently being circulated.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Anyone with comments on the quality/build of the DB x Florsheim longwings? I've seen them in person and thought they were solid, gy welted, leather soles and lining, and shell is sourced from Horween afaik, but I'm far from being an expert on shoe construction and have only handled them in store.

I have the cherry red brogues, no complaints, seem made quite well tho it's "made in india" and at FxDB prices you'd think they were made in USA like originally were. Mine have a good amount of miles walked in them and no problems. Yes, the cordovan is horween

speaking of Aldens, just bought the cordovan #8 Smooths as an early bday gift to myself
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.