• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

UniqueDude1000

Reaction score
All other things being equal, do you choose Black or Grey:

s1056_meadfieldjacket4.jpg

or

SPIE-MO8_V1.jpg

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
What (decent) brands make a navy blue/white polkadot shirt similar to this one? I love the size of the dots.
hmcommedesgarcons819081.jpg
Shirt in the picture is from the H&M x CDG collab from 2008 if anyone was wondering.

kojnglsmith

Reaction score
I have a pretty random question about high-end denim. When I try to explain to people the idea behind paying over $200 for a pair of jeans I generally talk about how they're made using high quality materials and constructions similar to those used before companies like Levi sacrificed quality in order to make jeans as efficiently and quickly as possible--so basically they're made like jeans "used to be made". Their response is invariably to ask , if they cost so much today, how the hell people "back then" could possibly afford them. Can anyone offer any insight? Am I just wrong in my argument?

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
serious question: I'm just starting to get into dressing nicer - or nice in general. I'm starting to replace old clothes with new pieces that I feel will last for a long time and remain stylish. I am going down the quality over quanity route, but when does quality = quantity? Like, is a good wardrobe an outfit for everyday of the week?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
Any way to get rid of or reduce raw denim bleed on shoes?

Originally Posted by Vaio
How to prevent leg twisting on jeans?

Don't prevent them; embrace them both.

Originally Posted by Napoleon
I have some questions regarding the Levi's Trucker. I'm about 65 kg(142 lbs) and 185 cm(6 foot) tall.

Should I go for the regular or the slim model? (Some pictures would also be nice.)
And how about sizing, S or M?

I'd recommend slim, though M v. S is probably your call. I have a size M slim trucker, and I'm 6'1" ~160 that's pretty tight on me. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Possibly in WAYWT and/or in IIIrd Icon's "How do you rock 'em jeans?" thread, since that seems like an appropriate place to put them, but I'll link from here or PM you.

Oh, and you can always order both, since it'll probably bump you over $100 and your order will ship free. Then return the one that doesn't fit, and it'll be like you bought one and paid regular shipping.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about sizing

A dude has a ToJ bomber size 48 for sale....

But he sent me the measurements:
p2p = 19.5
shoulders to hem 27
shoulders to wrist 27

And in the thread he says it fits like a "perfect medium". To me this looks more like a 38 or 40 by American jacket sizing. What's the deal, what sizing system correlates to a 40" chest being a 48?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i think the 48 is a medium cuz i was quoted the 46 is a small.
Yea but what's the basis of that 48? I have a (******) Wilsons' leather at home that's a size 44... it's like 22" pit to pit, corresponding to a 44" chest I just don't want to buy the wrong sized thing

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PF, why isnt luisaviaroma competitive enought for you? wheres a better place to buy?

feel free to pm me if you dont want to blow up your spot.
laugh.gif

ive been looking for giuliano fujiwara pieces at all the listed stockists on their site...i dont mind proxying but i cant even see what pieces these stores stock?!?! any suggestions?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
prolly stupid question: do i need shoe trees for suede bucks and suede chukkas?

i'd personally tree the bucks and leave the chukks treeless..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads