Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

3. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

when do sales start to get rid of winter etc stock?
    Asking cause I'm in Australia and want to pick up some good winter goodies for Aus winter.

i thought winter was not allowed down under.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

So is there some weird equivalent of a French cuff sleeve for sweaters? Because there's this Dior medium V-neck that fits true to size, except for the sleeves, which run to normal length, then whoom!, there's this weird, extended cuff that goes way too long. Looks almost exactly like an unrolled French cuff shirt. Not sure if it's made for someone with really long arms, made to be pushed up, or...something else. Hm.

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Any way to get rid of or reduce raw denim bleed on shoes?
    Bleeding is something that you're always going to get with raw denim. If you wash the jeans a couple of times, you'll definitely get less bleed. Or you can wear darker shoes.

6. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Any way to get rid of or reduce raw denim bleed on shoes?
    I have heard people putting clear tapes around the inside of the hems.

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

So is there some weird equivalent of a French cuff sleeve for sweaters? Because there's this Dior medium V-neck that fits true to size, except for the sleeves, which run to normal length, then whoom!, there's this weird, extended cuff that goes way too long. Looks almost exactly like an unrolled French cuff shirt. Not sure if it's made for someone with really long arms, made to be pushed up, or...something else. Hm.

I almost made a noob joke, but realized this is the noob thread. The sleeves are meant to stack or you can fold them if they aren't too thick

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Ha ha. Thanks, I'm def going to snap this up, then. By stack, I guess you mean, uh, push up to make the fabric bunch up around the arms?

Keep in mind, yes, I live in the south, where the weekend style for everyone -- street hoodum to corporate raider -- is jeans and a button-down Polo shirt. No exceptions!

9. Jsquxe

Jsquxe Active Member

what are some stores in nyc that have the largest alden stock/selection? i need widths (wide feet)

thanks

anyone?

also, what are the widest alden lasts at the ball of the feet?

10. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

hey, can anyone point me to a specific online shop or brand that has a high quality (possibly loopwheeled) solid red t-shirt? I need about a 44", so usually L or XL. I've found lots of blacks, grays, navys, etc. I appreciate it!!!

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

hey, can anyone point me to a specific online shop or brand that has a high quality (possibly loopwheeled) solid red t-shirt? I need about a 44", so usually L or XL. I've found lots of blacks, grays, navys, etc. I appreciate it!!!
    Like a Hanes red cotton shirt in short or long sleeves? They are...everywhere! http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/mens-underwear-and-socks?fts=red+tee

12. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Like a Hanes red cotton shirt in short or long sleeves? They are...everywhere!

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/mens-underwear-and-socks?fts=red+tee

This site^^ also has some more expensive options if you're uncomfortable paying less. :p

Thanks man. Those actually don't look too bad, but I'm looking for something with a more "high-end" construction and fabric. something in the $30-$60 range. I'm actually looking for a red loopwheeled shirt, but am having a hard time finding one big enough.

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

My internet research tells me that cotton is cotton and those are made with a loop...but I could be wrong (apparently a matter of some controversy). (I've spent a lot of time reading studies about the psychology of clothes, wine, etc., so you'll have to pardon my casual suspicion... [​IMG] )

14. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

My internet research tells me that cotton is cotton and those are made with a loop...but I could be wrong (apparently a matter of some controversy). (I've spent a lot of time reading studies about the psychology of clothes, wine, etc., so you'll have to pardon my casual suspicion... [​IMG] )

I have 2 loopwheeled sweatshirts, and whether my brain has been tricked into thinking they're better or not, I'm really impressed with them. I completely understand your suspicion though.

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

How to prevent leg twisting on jeans?