• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Very Best Hot Sauce.......

Ben85

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
is that a real printed bible??
It is a real bible, I just looked for 5 mins to try to find mine but it is MIA at the moment.
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
This sauce has piqued my interests -- does it have a strong vinegar taste? I hate it when sauces are more sour and vinegary than flavorful. This is also why I LOVE sliced jalapenos 'pickled' in oil and HATE jalapenos pickled in salt/vinegar brines.
No, not real vinegary. Just a full flavor hot sauce, but I'd call it more warm than hot. Once, I put it in Kraft Dinner. As white trash as it sounds, it was fantastic.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh! Is that Pio's calf tattoo?!!
Originally Posted by acidboy
accept no substitutes. the 'cock' sriracha's the only one worth getting
sriracha_tattoo.jpg

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's such little love for Dave's Insanity. I can't be the only one who only cares about heat when it comes to hot sauces.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
I'm surprised there's such little love for Dave's Insanity. I can't be the only one who only cares about heat when it comes to hot sauces.

Just too hot for me. It covers up the flavor. I'm long past the "how hot can I make this" sauces. They just numb your taste buds, IMO.

arced

Reaction score
Has anyone made this? I just made my second batch, so easy, so cheap. I double the habañeros to make it a bit more spicy:

Garlicky Red Chili Hot Sauce
Published: August 20, 2010

Time: 20 minutes plus 3 days' standing

4 hot red or orange chili peppers, such as habañero
2 red bell peppers ( 3/4 pound), roughly chopped
5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.

1. Wearing rubber or latex gloves, roughly chop the chilies. Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat. Once mixture is simmering, reduce heat to low, cover and continue to simmer until peppers are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Do not inhale vapors; they will sting.

2. Transfer mixture to a blender and purÃ
00a9.png
e. Pour into a medium jar and allow to cool uncovered. Cover tightly and refrigerate for three days. Keep stored in refrigerator; sauce will last for several weeks or months.

Yield: 2 cups.
A version of this recipe appeared in print on August 25, 2010, on page D2 of the New York edition.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/di...5apperex2.html

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Golden Mountain Sriracha Panich. The thai original. 54% chili content. Not to confuse with non-thai versions by Huy Fong Foods etc.

trVPH.jpg

em36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
I don't know about that being the very best, it is pretty good though.

I'm pretty fond of Nando's peri-peri sauce...

I'm pretty fond of their commercials

Merlino

Reaction score
My favourite hot sauce is Pain Is Good's Jamaican Hot Sauce: habaneros, pineapple juice, lime juice and jerk spices.
jamaica-Hot_Sauce.jpg
Great with ribs!

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tie for first: korean gochujang and Tabasco
third: sambal oelek
fourth: sriracha

franks red hot is too salty
tapatio just tastes cheap to me
all the other gimmicky sauces suck too (usually combine the following concepts: "kick-ass", "southern", "louisiana", black man's face on bottle)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Japanese Yuzukosho available in the US? It is great...peppers and citrus and salt.

condiment_yuzusalt.jpg

Jpreme87

Reaction score
SalsaHuichol.jpg

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Blair's Ultra Death at my local Cost Plus.

God this stuff is just ridiculous and inedible. It's a really nice heat if you figure out not to use too much.

I've gone through a bottle of Tapatio because I can go through 3 bottles of Tapatio for the same price as one bottle of Cholula.

I might just pick up a Cholula and some of this other stuff you guys are talking about. I've always been curious about the Sriracha Chili Garlic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads