• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- Going to get a lot of heat for this, but IMO something is off-kilter with your suits lately, especially where the pants finish with such a opening. - I think it is a case where the amount of time & dollars you invested in tailoring would be better invested in new suits in your current size. - I say this as I have seen you in better & a AW report card is better than the usual bukkake that is thrown around here
You don't have to worry about offending me, G, and I appreciate the comments. This isn't my best jacket, but ironically thy are my favorite pants and the template I was going to use for future ones. I definitely prefer a wider leg opening than what seems to be the consensus preference. But you are right about one thing--i wont be spending any more time or dollars tailoring rtw. Cheers!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

you love your blues MR. would like to see a close up of the shirt/tie combo. gingham/pin dot is not easy to pull off. looks like you nailed it and it'd be nice to see.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment!

0106011214.jpg

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Nice photo O ... the perspective is good. Nice colors on the outfit as well (the contrast collar looks great) ... and to add to your last comment, I like your slightly narrow TNSIL look -- it suits you.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
You look much taller here. Much better.

Thanks, Mike.

Originally Posted by dr. locktopus
Orgetorix, I feel like your shirt is too blue to pull that fit together, I think a more muted base would make it work.

I wondered about that myself, and had it been solid blue I wouldn't have done it. I thought with the contrast collar it might work. I'll probably go back to the ecru shirts I normally pair with this suit, although I have to be careful about that with my coloring.

- jacket is too small & short for you

It's definitely a bit small; I'm working on dropping some weight. As for the length, I'm that awkward in-between height where a Regular is sometimes too short and a Long is almost always too long. I err on the short side out of personal preference.

Nice patterns/textures O - like the tie a lot.

Thanks, Nii!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
please no epaulets on cardigans

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ... thats what i thought. Wore something similar New Year's Eve. This is after a little too many martinis ... one of which can be seen behind my buddy's head ... lol
489457fb.jpg

I give credit to T.M. Lewin for the idea of purple gingham & navy pindots.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
- even for you, this is a bit OD Spoo. I hope you are meeting the Sultan of Brunei or some of similar power.
- Your suit needs a pressing. Your lapels are giving me motion sickness

His Majesty sends his regards.
fistbump.gif

-and noted on the press, true that.

Brown in Town Thursday.

Solid fit, Mike - is that an Altea tie?

Great shoes, Spoo.

iknowrite?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Is this the Mitchell? It looks like the DG70 last. MTO?

Westminster, DG70.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Ha ha! This tie always brings the h8 on SF.
smile.gif

However, it's a particular favourite of mine, being one of a handful of ties I nicked from my dad when he retired and let me have what I wanted from his selection, so it's going nowhere. I think all the ties I chose from his are seriously flashy. There's this very 80s Valentino, a classic very bold medusa early 90s Versace and few other retro-flash similar items.
devil.gif

The shoes, shirt and shoes work splendidly together.

Thanks C - and you dont have to preach to the choir about flash and bang... wait until tomorrow..
peepwall[1].gif

Another day; another dollar ...

Really nice up top, but maybe a darker pant on the bottom?

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
The whole thing rocks, but the shoes are gorgeous.

Thanks T.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Here are some ripples for you guys to hate on, again.
smile.gif

Whats the story with the really snubnosed fronts? Who makes?

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
SpooPoker, nice look, but I might have gone with a brighter blue tie for a bit more contrast with the gray.

Noted and you are probably right.

Congrats on stepping up your photography... hopefully I can do the same shortly. New dSLR en route as we speak.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Love those shoes and the suit, but I agree with Niidawg, it could do with a press (and that's coming from Mr Rumpled).

****, its that bad, huh?
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Last two day, insanely busy:

Who brings a laptop to a hockey game?!?

Great shoes, Rob.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
Today's WAYWRN presented by my niece:

Thats clever. How old?

ndw

Reaction score
- IMO a wider trou opening would balance this out (actually with most of your pants)
- for RTW/OTR you are onto a good thing

Thank you for the affirmation and for the suggestion on the trouser opening. I don't like too much of an opening because I don't like the way it swallows the shoes. 8.5" is what I usually go for, I'll have to try some additional.

dshell

Reaction score
a AW report card is better than the usual bukkake that is thrown around here.

Even us worthless lurkers learn more when you lay down a real critique. Thanks.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Congrats on stepping up your photography... hopefully I can do the same shortly. New dSLR en route as we speak.

The operator is more important than the appliance... Good gear helps though.

And I'm not saying your operator isn't doing a good job, of course! (Mrs Spoo right?)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaBatMan
I likey... deets on the shoes please!
Thank you. Shoes are Johnston & Murphy.

Originally Posted by dr. locktopus
Threadbearer, your coat and pants are very similar in shade, doesn't work for me. Are they navy?
If you're referring to my Pretty in Pink post, the slacks are solid navy and the SC is a gray tic weave. Not at all similar in real life. Long time no see, Doc. Love your striped necktie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads