• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Success Stories

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I didn't look like a homeless man or a ******!

Originally Posted by musicguy

dsc05094d.jpg

This is, by far, the most ******-y picture posted in the thread.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I felt like I was picking up a disorder today reading softy's posts about how crewnecks feel like they're strangling him.
i feel this way all the time now, even wearing a button down shirt to the office is becoming a chore

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all, epic thread. I feel jealous that I didn't make it myself.
Second of all, mind-blowing transfos.
Third, I prefer Fuji in the former; he has an insouciant joie de vivre and looks like he does something creative/design-oriented, perhaps a job involving whiteboards and oversized teak tables with maquettes, Staedtler pencils, and some bonsai decorations scattered pleasantly about. Never been into the crack-cocaine look, but if that satisfies the "I heart grungy party lifestyle" leanings of most SWD posters, so be it.

Originally Posted by PG2G
Screw it, I haven't posted pics in a while but why not.

wow.gif

I love the look of pure balling decadence going on in the last pic, jaunty eyebrow and the fact that you heedlessly cropped out the women partially, suggesting that you now have so many at your beck and call that you don't even need to include them to show off. They're just like background noise.

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I felt like I was picking up a disorder today reading softy's posts about how crewnecks feel like they're strangling him.

Originally Posted by Synthese
i feel this way all the time now, even wearing a button down shirt to the office is becoming a chore

Synthese knows. I'll wear a v-neck, though, FWIW. Something inexpressibly unpleasant/corny about crewnecks, some kind of milquetoast APC style. Worn with nothing underneath, they look bizarre, which is not the case for naked v-necks, so they demand a shirt or something beneath, which looks similarly horrid. Skip dat ****, go for belted cardigans instead.

Also I breezed past the middle two pages because Itchy & Scratchy (AR_six & Moo) wouldn't stfu, but seriously guys chillax pls.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
First of all, epic thread. I feel jealous that I didn't make it myself.
Second of all, mind-blowing transfos.
Third, I prefer Fuji in the former; he has an insouciant joie de vivre and looks like he does something creative/design-oriented, perhaps a job involving whiteboards and oversized teak tables with maquettes, Staedtler pencils, and some bonsai decorations scattered pleasantly about. Never been into the crack-cocaine look, but if that satisfies the "I heart grungy party lifestyle" leanings of most SWD posters, so be it.

wow.gif

I love the look of pure balling decadence going on in the last pic, jaunty eyebrow and the fact that you heedlessly cropped out the women partially, suggesting that you now have so many at your beck and call that you don't even need to include them to show off. They're just like background noise.

Synthese knows. I'll wear a v-neck, though, FWIW. Something inexpressibly unpleasant/corny about crewnecks, some kind of milquetoast APC style. Worn with nothing underneath, they look bizarre, which is not the case for naked v-necks, so they demand a shirt or something beneath, which looks similarly horrid. Skip dat ****, go for belted cardigans instead.

Also I breezed past the middle two pages because Itchy & Scratchy (AR_six & Moo) wouldn't stfu, but seriously guys chillax pls.

literally lolling @ itchy & scratchy
lol8[1].gif

ps. you're wrong about crewnecks and vnecks

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah well, prove me wrong. i feel like a major tool in crewnecks.
representing the mr. rogers cardigan faction over here
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
lol at this tool. you don't have to suck up for approval from strangers on the internet. in fact you dont have to do it for people in real life. and seriously what the **** is an opinion or even an education except a collective of other people's opinions, your analysis on them, and occasionally original material? what, is everybody supposed to reinvent calculus on their own?
61a%2BjGLmlmL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg
You're clearly salty so I won't speak too much on this, but if you solely depend on others for your own style than that's quite pathetic. Your style should develop organically on your own, and opinions from a minority on the internet isn't the end all be all; Although I'll admit its quite beneficial if you're clueless. Don't even see what's wrong with what I said, this thread is pretty cool cuz it shows how peoples style developed. Everything starts out ******, and gets better because you need experience. You just compared putting on clothes to mathematics, you're clearly the idiot here. There isn't a formula which will magically transform you into a well-dressed person. It's pretty much a introspective process since you must realize what feels right to you, and what you can see yourself wearing. If you simply buy into peoples opinions you might feel uncomfortable, and it won't be right. It's all a process you must venture on your own.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the first fit I ever posted here:
faS4Q.jpg
Surprisingly, I did not get any hate, just simple advice. From late '08 or early '09.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^jc guys just came

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't really check out the pics much on this side of the pond so maybe I'm missing something here, but all of the "after" shots look essentially the same. Went from college-y looking fraternity kid to grunge-y looking skinny jeans, jacket, and fucked hairdo. Is that the forum standard?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't really check out the pics much on this side of the pond so maybe I'm missing something here, but all of the "after" shots look essentially the same. Went from college-y looking fraternity kid to grunge-y looking skinny jeans, jacket, and fucked hairdo. Is that the forum standard?

IMG_4774.jpg

tumblr_lditycpCR91qbmp06.jpg

Photoon2010-12-02at1402.jpg

lPb13.jpg

102nzvp.jpg

2uztb20.jpg

qye7ol.jpg

DZaWK.jpg

toPHxl.jpg

all rook same

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

are you marsupialed?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lolz

that means in mc waywt it's all just one guy posting

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes.

MC dudes. Listen up. SWD is full of grungy homeless-looking skinny-jean-wearing eraserhead hairdo assholes. Have you guys not figured it out yet?

As much as I hate to say it like this, but it's ******* hard to explain why something like that looks good to people who don't "understand" it. Blahblahblah everything is subjective, but the majority of people on SWD side praise the after pics a lot. It's very nuanced and it's like trying to explain to someone why Seinfeld is a good show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads