• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
cottonwork. Forum affiliate. MTM

/thread

I was checking those out. Can't seem to figure out how to change the length of the shirt though.

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soccerbud34
can someone recommend me where I can find non-leather jackets (in size XS ... I am 5'5) with asymmetrical zippers like the following?

Archivesf.com had the cotton version of the Julius fencing jacket last I saw, I think it was around $475. I remember seeing one on Y!JP as well for around 18k yen, not sure if it sold though.

iha_

Reaction score
I'm looking for a jacket and a pair of shoes. For the shoes I want something casual that can also be worn on a night out w/ jeans. I saw a picture on FB of some shoes I liked that I saw someone wearing, but I saved the pic on my laptop (which I don't have with me right now). They looked similar to these I don't think they were those though because I don't remember them having green laces, and I don't think those shoes were even out when this pic was posted. Can anyone offer any suggestions (or opinions on those I posted)? For the jacked I'm not really sure what I want. I was just going to get a northface fleece, because that's really what I'm replacing, but I kind of want something a little different. I was thinking about a G-Star jacket, and I found this one that I sort of like, but I'm still not sure (and I see it's out of stock now lol). I kind of liked this one too. Mainly for the jacket I just want something that is slim fitting and not too thick (if that makes sense). Any advice/suggestions? Again both the shoes and jacket will be primarily for a casual night out with jeans, but also would like to be able to wear for everyday use too if I want. Thanks edit: forgot about the price.. looking to spend no more than $200 (prefer to stay closer to $150) on the jacket and $100 on the shoes.

auxym

Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of cords and I was wondering if someone had a recommendation. My preference would be slim fit (511-ish), but ideally with a roomy seat (I'm a 32 true waist but I have a big ass - denim known to have diaper ass usually fits me good).

Price range I'm looking at is sub-100, the cheaper the better (yay college). Was looking at jcrew's vintage fit cords, anyone have comments on fit and quality?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I was checking those out. Can't seem to figure out how to change the length of the shirt though.

You can edit your profile when you log in. Also you can email them and give them your correct measurement. They are extremely helpful and prompt with responses.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by auxym
I've been looking for a pair of cords and I was wondering if someone had a recommendation. My preference would be slim fit (511-ish), but ideally with a roomy seat (I'm a 32 true waist but I have a big ass - denim known to have diaper ass usually fits me good).

Price range I'm looking at is sub-100, the cheaper the better (yay college). Was looking at jcrew's vintage fit cords, anyone have comments on fit and quality?

BB molino

phaseshift

Reaction score
gonna post in this thread also

also which of these do you guys think is the most versatile color, can be used with almost anything i.e tops, boots, aldens etc..?

1770_201065916387937139.jpg

903_20101441382197835.jpg

940_20089228828498451.jpg

or the first one?

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
They all could be. I go with either 1 or 3 if I were you.

thanks! What would you say the fit is like on Nudie Slim Jims, I usually wear Levi's 501 but I kind of want a smaller leg hole, which Levi's do you think is close to a slim jim fit?

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear TTS in Levis 501s and I just take my jeans to my tailor and have them narrowed from the knee down. NO point spending 200 dollars on a pair of nudies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads