• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Tears make the best lube
sarcasm.gif

You seriously kept going while she was crying? Foreplay, lube, fingers, etc. didn't cross your mind at all? I'm all for the uber alpha thing, but damn son. Also, you do realize that more likely than not you're in for all sorts of post cherry popping drama, right? Yall dating?

She didn't want me to stop. I did all that stuff before hand. ******* her tomorrow again, hopefully it will go better.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
4. I am not in a situation with my life where I should plan a marriage, I am definitely not ready to settle down yet, and if I did I would regret it. I know this about myself. I need to at least 1- get my masters degree and 2- get a good job and settle myself before I can consider it.

Tell her this exactly. If she doesn't go along with it, she's not for you.

SVS

Reaction score
Who wants to ridicule me for considering sending an ex who dumped via a drunken phone call a Christmas card? Does anyone think that's nice thing to do? :)

EMY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Who wants to ridicule me for considering sending an ex who dumped via a drunken phone call a Christmas card? Does anyone think that's nice thing to do? :)

only if you told her she's a *****.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So wait, you want to send someone a card who dumped you over the phone after boozing it up? C'mon, son.

There's taking the high road (sending a card to an ex who ended things peacefully) and being a sap (sending a card to someone who dumped you with a drunken call).

SVS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EMY
only if you told her she's a *****.

Are you suggesting the card should read "Hey *****, I hope Santa cracks your chimney, throws the cookies on the floor and forgets to leave a gift. Have a ****** new year and F you."?

Originally Posted by APK
So wait, you want to send someone a card who dumped you over the phone after boozing it up? C'mon, son.

There's taking the high road (sending a card to an ex who ended things peacefully) and being a sap (sending a card to someone who dumped you with a drunken call).

There a fine line between the high road and being a sap. Obviously, I need to consider were the line is drawn.

thejollyco

Reaction score
I bought my ex a gift for her birthday in march for her birthday in late december. i broke up with her in september. Its too late to return the gift and it's expensive. I am debating just giving it to her.

They're fancy shoes.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I broke up with mine last year, I gave her both the gifts that I bought for her (b-day and x-mas). Just seemed right. You should have given them to her already, but it's still the right thing to do unless you plan to only date a girl with size X shoes.

Should be some great conversations with your next gf when she finds them -- "Whose shoes are these!"

Let us know how that one goes.

thejollyco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
When I broke up with mine last year, I gave her both the gifts that I bought for her (b-day and x-mas). Just seemed right. You should have given them to her already, but it's still the right thing to do unless you plan to only date a girl with size X shoes.

Should be some great conversations with your next gf when she finds them -- "Whose shoes are these!"

Let us know how that one goes.

maybe that should be a criteria for a girl to by my girlfriend... must have size 6.5 feet. It cuts out a lot of prospective candidates, however, asking a girl what her shoe size off the bat is kinda creeperish.

"Yo babe, what size clunkers do you have on." (less weird)
"Hey, I noticed that you have smallish feet. Don't tell me that you have size 6.5 feet, cause that means we're meant to be together." (more weird)

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you should use it in an online profile.

Looking for Cinderella!

Many moths ago, I bought my then gf a new pair of 6.5 (XYZ) shoes. After the breakup, I forgot about them, but found them again when cleaning. I don't find feet sexy and I'm not a creep,
but these shoes should not go to waste.

Best reply and most fun coffee gets the shoes

etc.

You'd need to work it to take out the creep factor, but would definitely get you some responses.

thejollyco

Reaction score
clever!

make them come to you. I wonder how many desperate girls there are on craigslist.... oh wait, girls on craigslist don't have tiny feet.

out of curiosity, do you look online or kinda randomly find one?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Are you suggesting the card should read "Hey *****, I hope Santa cracks your chimney, throws the cookies on the floor and forgets to leave a gift. Have a ****** new year and F you."?

There a fine line between the high road and being a sap. Obviously, I need to consider were the line is drawn.

Sending a Christmas card to someone who didn't have the courtesy to dump you face-to-face or in a sober condition = well over that line.

Honest question: what do you hope to get from it?

Unless you're Robert Frost, there isn't anything you can write in that card that's going to make things "right" between you two. And even if it did, why do you want to be with someone so inconsiderate?

Best case scenario is that she thinks it's a nice gesture and then goes scouring for more, new dick. Worst case is that you look like a guy who lets someone completely disrespect them and then does something nice for them.

Don't send the card. And if you already have, break into that mailbox and get it back. Trust me.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Tell her this exactly. If she doesn't go along with it, she's not for you.

Talked to her about it the next day, she regretted feeling emotional and said it made sense to her. We'll see when it come up again.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Talked to her about it the next day, she regretted feeling emotional and said it made sense to her. We'll see when it come up again.
When is her next period?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads