• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sofaking30

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rikkar501
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=30
I've never tried Obneauf and I bought the Sno Seal at a local leather repair and boot shop. Got it for $10 which is overpaying by about $5 compared to online, but the convenience was worth it.

I'll try to capture the lighting, but all I have is a cell phone so don't hold your breath!

I ordered it online. Damn I don't have a brush, is it necessary?

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueWord
The boots are 1/2 size large, despite conflicting reports in this thread. It's not so noticeable that TTS will be too big, but sizing down 1/2 will give you a more "correct" fit. Order a size 9, if that's in stock. If not, I'd hold out; the waterproof version is blah, and the gq boots look very boring. Also, you don't have that big chippewa logo on the Katahdins, or the LL Bean customer service on the GQ boots.

The "gq" boots aren't terrible. The logo isn't visible unless you're wearing shorts and someone is really close. By the way it's a bit cheaper to buy the "gq" boot from other sources. I think I got mine for under $115

Phil.H

Reaction score
Ordered a pair on Sunday. Delivered to my place by Wednesday. I live in Canada so this seemed damn quick to me. Normally wear an 11D in most shoes so I ordered TTS like most suggest. . How loose should these feel with thin socks? I think I could size down to 10.5 but don't want to risk it not fitting. I'll wear it around for a bit to see how they feel once they've broken in.

(excuse the terrible pics, all I've got is a blackberry for a camera at the moment)

fungz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anonymouz
The "gq" boots aren't terrible. The logo isn't visible unless you're wearing shorts and someone is really close. By the way it's a bit cheaper to buy the "gq" boot from other sources. I think I got mine for under $115

They loosen up a bit after you wear them around, about the same time as the ankles stop hurting. I think sizing down a half is best

Phil.H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
They loosen up a bit after you wear them around, about the same time as the ankles stop hurting. I think sizing down a half is best

So they should fit snug at first and loosen up? It feels like I've got a good amount of clearance in them right now... guess I'm exchanging them for a half size down.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zaarin
Same. I recently purchased mine. I tried on the other pair for sizing purposes and just ordered it online. They offered to do it in the store but it was no different.

How did the fit compare?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phil.H
Ordered a pair on Sunday. Delivered to my place by Wednesday. I live in Canada so this seemed damn quick to me. Normally wear an 11D in most shoes so I ordered TTS like most suggest. . How loose should these feel with thin socks? I think I could size down to 10.5 but don't want to risk it not fitting. I'll wear it around for a bit to see how they feel once they've broken in.

(excuse the terrible pics, all I've got is a blackberry for a camera at the moment)

Size down BRO.

bobm

Reaction score
I mentioned this sizing issue in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot thread and thought I'd mention it here too. Rememeber, these are work boots and as such are not padded and cushy on the bottom as some other style boots can be. They do tend to be a tad on the large/wide side, but before you start sending boots back or placing and order, wear/try them with a thicker sock. I'm not saying a super heavy wool hunting sock, but a moderately thick wool/wool-blend sock. You may not need to size down. And, I can assure you, after a walk for any distance, your feet will be way more comfortable with the sock aborbing the pavement, than if you are wearing standard thin socks.
Bob

Phil.H

Reaction score
Damnnn. Just remembered why ordering a 10.5 in the first place didn't even cross my mind. They were out of stock. I think I'll just keep these ones and wear thick socks with them.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phil.H
Damnnn. Just remembered why ordering a 10.5 in the first place didn't even cross my mind. They were out of stock. I think I'll just keep these ones and wear thick socks with them.

Yea I'm in the same situation as you. How is the 11 doing?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear very thick wool socks with my work boots and still need to size down.

LLB customer services said 10.5s will be out of stock for a while.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argh..................... I really need a pair of boots to handle the rougher weather in New York. Considering Bean's generous customer service it wouldn't be a huge problem for light wear on these and then returning them when the 10.5D come back right?

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Argh..................... I really need a pair of boots to handle the rougher weather in New York. Considering Bean's generous customer service it wouldn't be a huge problem for light wear on these and then returning them when the 10.5D come back right?

Which NY are you living in? It as been a pretty nice week for me, aside from the occasional rain. Back on topic, just because they offer a generous policy doesn't mean you should abuse it. Just wait for the 10.5 D

Phil.H

Reaction score
Yeah I'm probably just going to send these back and wait until the 10.5s are back in stock. They fit a bit better with thick socks but it still doesn't feel right..

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying my second and final coating of obeanuf for the season, and I just noticed that boots are different in regards to leather. The Left is has a much more firm leather, while the right one is much softer? Should this be considered a red flag?
img2376a.jpg
img2377nm.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics