• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Received Saint Crispins

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking shoes
smile.gif
Congrats.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Agreed.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to determine your size? I've always wanted to order a pair of SC but just assumed it would impossible to find my size without actually trying a pair on.

Speaking of finishes, my wise ass thought it would be interesting to apply neatsfoot oil to a pair of Pewter JLP. Totally ruined the color
facepalm.gif

I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.

I contacted Phillip Car one of the principals at SC. We discussed the size issue in depth. He asked me what shoes I wore, and I listed the EGs, C&J, JL, etc. I wear a British 9E, so he advised me to try their 9F, which is kind of similar. But in fact, the shape of the last is important. I noticed that on this model (SC 523), which is based on the chiseled last, the shoes are wider. That is not the case on the classic last. In conclusion, it is worth talking to Phillip first. He knows so much about shoes, that I am sure he will be able to give you the best advice possible.

The Gooch

Reaction score
gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Gooch
gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

Pretty astute for 31 posts.

ralphwho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tchoy
+1, I have EGs and JLP to my untrained eyes Saint Crispins are much nicer in the finish. Recently handle a few pairs before I took the plunge and order one for myself, they are also lighter than. It has a feel of a bespoke shoes. SC is also more flexible with there MTO program willing to reduce width and instep is a big plus for me.

The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

ralphwho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Beautiful shoes.

You're pretty worthless too.

you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand
what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling

ralphwho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Gooch
You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

weren't you just asking people's opinions on some ****** american shoes, to then buy some EGs after someone recomend you to look it up?

funny

i bet you didnt know about the goodyear welted suits though, of the fully canvassed EGs.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ralphwho
The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

You're in the wrong forum. We're all ballers here.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy. Oxbridge education not working out for you?
you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling
You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads