1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Received Saint Crispins

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbkoissy, Nov 12, 2010.

1. The Gooch

The Gooch Senior member

gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

Pretty astute for 31 posts.

3. The Gooch

The Gooch Senior member

Pretty astute for 31 posts.

You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

4. ralphwho

ralphwho Well-Known Member

+1, I have EGs and JLP to my untrained eyes Saint Crispins are much nicer in the finish. Recently handle a few pairs before I took the plunge and order one for myself, they are also lighter than. It has a feel of a bespoke shoes. SC is also more flexible with there MTO program willing to reduce width and instep is a big plus for me.

The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

5. ralphwho

Beautiful shoes.

You're pretty worthless too.

you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand
    what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling

6. ralphwho

You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

weren't you just asking people's opinions on some shitty american shoes, to then buy some EGs after someone recomend you to look it up?

funny

i bet you didnt know about the goodyear welted suits though, of the fully canvassed EGs.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?

lulz +1

9. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

You're in the wrong forum. We're all ballers here.

10. apropos

apropos Senior member

So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy. Oxbridge education not working out for you?
    you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling
    You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot. [​IMG]

11. mth

mth Well-Known Member

Anyway, those shoes are beautiful and thanks for sharing the pictures. I have the same model in a dark espresso calf and they're my favorite (and best fitting) RTW/MTO shoe. What's the name of the leather color you chose?

12. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy.

Oxbridge education not working out for you?

You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot. [​IMG]

I really enjoy how things get so personal on this forum. Can't you just feel the love!

13. banis

banis Senior member

Nice shoes.

I also got SC shoes last week. It was a two-eyelet derby. Should probably get more in the future.
    As for the sizing, I wear 8-8.5 in most of the English-made shoes and in the SC went with 8. I like how they fit.
    [​IMG]

14. J.P. Myhre

J.P. Myhre Well-Known Member

Dear Sir,
    I believe whatever shoes you buy, it is how they look, behave on the foot until your first repair (read 2 years), which is really important. Is the finish the same, does it last, how about the leather, does it stretch, it should of course, but how much etc. I am glad you are happy with your shoes, I hope you can return in two years and post a series of new pictures with the same smile on your face? All the best and happy walking!

15. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

16. apropos

apropos Senior member

I really enjoy how things get so personal on this forum. Can't you just feel the love!
    Yeah it's a pretty reliable barometer of how stressed I am IRL. [​IMG]

Sorry OP for shitting up your thread.

17. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Let's not get carried away, now.

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

What are you talking about? I was simply home, wearing an old pair of Levis 501 jeans when the shoes came in. How better should they be?

If you have the money to buy $900 shoes you should get some jeans that don't look like what every 30 your old man in the US wears. Something darker and not stone washed.

19. meister

meister Senior member

Stop trying to dog a good thread you twerp!

20. mbkoissy

mbkoissy Active Member

If you have the money to buy $900 shoes you should get some jeans that don't look like what every 30 your old man in the US wears. Something darker and not stone washed.

Fuji: Thank you for your post. First, the cost of the shoes are 900 Euros. Second, I can wear whatever pair of jeans I want. I don't need your advice or anybody's advice for that. Third, let's stick to the issue, which is about the shoes.