Received Saint Crispins

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbkoissy, Nov 12, 2010.

1. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Amazing - I'm pining for a pair of St. C myself

2. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Great looking shoes [​IMG] Congrats.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Agreed.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to determine your size? I've always wanted to order a pair of SC but just assumed it would impossible to find my size without actually trying a pair on.

Speaking of finishes, my wise ass thought it would be interesting to apply neatsfoot oil to a pair of Pewter JLP. Totally ruined the color [​IMG]

I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Very nice. Unique, and still classic.

5. mbkoissy

mbkoissy Active Member

I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.

I contacted Phillip Car one of the principals at SC. We discussed the size issue in depth. He asked me what shoes I wore, and I listed the EGs, C&J, JL, etc. I wear a British 9E, so he advised me to try their 9F, which is kind of similar. But in fact, the shape of the last is important. I noticed that on this model (SC 523), which is based on the chiseled last, the shoes are wider. That is not the case on the classic last. In conclusion, it is worth talking to Phillip first. He knows so much about shoes, that I am sure he will be able to give you the best advice possible.

6. The Gooch

The Gooch Senior member

gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

Pretty astute for 31 posts.

8. The Gooch

The Gooch Senior member

Pretty astute for 31 posts.

You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

9. ralphwho

ralphwho Well-Known Member

+1, I have EGs and JLP to my untrained eyes Saint Crispins are much nicer in the finish. Recently handle a few pairs before I took the plunge and order one for myself, they are also lighter than. It has a feel of a bespoke shoes. SC is also more flexible with there MTO program willing to reduce width and instep is a big plus for me.

The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

10. ralphwho

Beautiful shoes.

You're pretty worthless too.

you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand
    what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling

11. ralphwho

You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

weren't you just asking people's opinions on some shitty american shoes, to then buy some EGs after someone recomend you to look it up?

funny

i bet you didnt know about the goodyear welted suits though, of the fully canvassed EGs.

12. SpooPoker

When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?

lulz +1

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

You're in the wrong forum. We're all ballers here.

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy. Oxbridge education not working out for you?
    you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling
    You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot. [​IMG]