• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aridhol
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to look at getting the arms shortened a bit.

Pics with the vents cut (doh) and some shoes.

Any better?

If the jacket is too short there's nothing to be done about that right?
How would I adjust my measurements to get this done right?

Shorten arms and pants. Earlier we said the front looked short, but I'm starting to think it's your low camera angle. Are you a stocky dude under all that? It doesn't look like you went for a tailored fit at all, which is the point of buying MTM in the first place. If you order again I'd definitely reduce the thigh, knee, bicep, wrist and waist (jacket waist) measurements, and lengthen the coat so it covers your butt.

alexdunhill

Reaction score
Hey all, first post after lurking round here for a couple weeks and just received my first Indochino suit - Essential Charcoal 3 Piece. Unfortunately the jackets kinda short (by about 3", my fault measuring I think) which has pushed up where the waist suppression is as well so all in all the jacket looks a little off. Other than that the suit fits really well, shoulders and chest are perfect, same with the sleeve length, pants & waistcoat fit well but I'm going to send the jacket back for a remake 'cause there's nothing any tailor can do about adding making a jacket three inches longer lol.

Anyways, a problem I have is that other than the fit being not quite right, I ordered the jacket with pick stitiching and a fuctional lapel boutonnaire and IMHO the picking stitching is way too obvious eg. fricken ugly and the boutonnaire is one of those keyhole shape button holes. I asked Angie about the bouttonaire and she said that the fuctional ones are keyhole shaped, the fake ones straight. So when filled out the forms for the remake I changed the customizations to no pick stitching and a non-fuctional boutonnaire, but then I get an email from Angie this morning...

Dear Alex,

It's good to hear back from you.

I noticed you have updated your customizations on your remake, and they won't be added to your remade suit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

--
Angie
Customer Concierge
Indochino.com
Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee

Can anyone answer why this would be so? I mean if they have to remake the suit from scratch is it such a big ask for them to not vandalise it with their offensive interpretation of pick stitching or by putting a keyhole button hole on the lapel? Small things like this can irritate me and give me half a mind to not bother with the remake and simply get a refund - especially given one sentence (non-auto generated) reply from Angie, I can't remember (been a while since doing English at school) but I'm sure it's a run-on sentence or something.

Cheers,
Alex

krish88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexdunhill
Dear Alex,

It's good to hear back from you.

I noticed you have updated your customizations on your remake, and they won't be added to your remade suit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

--
Angie
Customer Concierge
Indochino.com
Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee

Can anyone answer why this would be so? I mean if they have to remake the suit from scratch is it such a big ask for them to not vandalise it with their offensive interpretation of pick stitching or by putting a keyhole button hole on the lapel? Small things like this can irritate me and give me half a mind to not bother with the remake and simply get a refund - especially given one sentence (non-auto generated) reply from Angie, I can't remember (been a while since doing English at school) but I'm sure it's a run-on sentence or something.

Cheers,
Alex

Email them back and clarify what they mean -- I took that as pick stitching and functional boutennaire will NOT be on your next suit (which is what you want). I've requested lining changes, armhole changes, etc etc on top of the regular features and have always had it work out.

crafty35a

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krish88
Email them back and clarify what they mean -- I took that as pick stitching and functional boutennaire will NOT be on your next suit (which is what you want). I've requested lining changes, armhole changes, etc etc on top of the regular features and have always had it work out.

Yes, hopefully that was just poor wording on the part of Angie. If they really won't make the changes you want... take your refund and go elsewhere.

Crash Override

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure "Angie" was saying the two things you do not want, will not be included on the remake.
I'd double check, but I think it was just worded a little poorly.
Don't know why they'd pick you to stop doing exactly what the customer requests.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to be "that guy" for a moment.

TaT used to get lots of flack for improper fits - but Indochino seems to be far worse than any TaT I've seen.

So after seeing these poorly fitting suits and reading these stories I am compelled to ask - why do people keep ordering from them?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier

TaT used to get lots of flack for improper fits - but Indochino seems to be far worse than any TaT I've seen.

So after seeing these poorly fitting suits and reading these stories I am compelled to ask - why do people keep ordering from them?

+1.

From what I gather, there were only a few decent fits, but they seem to be the exceptions rather than the rule.

Plestor

Reaction score

eh.gif
You also get poorly fitting shirts from every online MTM shirt place under the sun... I'd suggest its a combination of price and the free remakes ect. Furthermore considering this thread has devolved into a check my fit pick and plz fix thread, I for one can't be bothered with my reasonable fit pictures. I'd point out that personally atleast I'd a jacket of (classically) suffcient length, something that is impossible if I were to get in otr. For the record I need a ~34.5-35" length (short legs I have a normalish inseam) on a 39" chest.

MrInvariant

Reaction score
I am going to be "that guy" for a moment. TaT used to get lots of flack for improper fits - but Indochino seems to be far worse than any TaT I've seen. So after seeing these poorly fitting suits and reading these stories I am compelled to ask - why do people keep ordering from them?
  • Cheaper than most local MTM places
  • Dirt cheap with the better coupon codes
  • Fully canvased construction
  • Fit is hopefully better than OTR
  • They are willing to work with you to some degree with customizations (amount of shoulder padding, etc.)
  • Perfect fit guarantee
  • ...and most importantly: cool looking homepage
    smile.gif

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrInvariant
  • Cheaper than most local MTM places
  • Dirt cheap with the better coupon codes
  • Fully canvased construction
  • Fit is hopefully better than OTR
  • They are willing to work with you to some degree with customizations (amount of shoulder padding, etc.)
  • Perfect fit guarantee
  • ...and most importantly: cool looking homepage
    smile.gif

+1

Show me another place I can get a decent not "perfect" fitting suit and shirt combo for under $350 (for that matter show me someone who wouldn't argue on this forum about what a perfect fit is). You get more than one chance to get it right + $75 to fix the little things. Not sure about the homepage, it's in it's 8th iteration (no exaggeration).

Tern

Reaction score
74485_497519823973_509163973_7173761_5007805_n.jpg
Received my first order and I am very impressed! For the same price I was looking at some pretty awful OTR suits here.

aridhol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tern
74485_497519823973_509163973_7173761_5007805_n.jpg

Received my first order and I am very impressed! For the same price I was looking at some pretty awful OTR suits here.

Sleeves look short (also on shirt?)

I applied for a remake for mine because I need at least another 1.5" on the jacket and I am hopefully going to get some of the changes recommended on here (slant breast pocket, flaps for other pockets).

crafty35a

Reaction score

What more reason do you need than a 100% satisfaction guarantee? If you end up with a bad fit, and don't trust that a remake will work out, send it back for a refund. I'm not seeing the downside here.

Stoltenberg1

Reaction score
I took the plunge on Indochino and just received my first suit plus free shirt last week. I have taken the suit to a couple tailors, and received mixed feedback. Just as a background notion, I live in NW Iowa and attend collage. The suit shops have been here for ages, and are not the most "modern" I would say, or even have anything in my size for that matter.

Overall I like to fit. Slim, fitted, and comfortable. One tailor I had went to had no suggestions, while the other (the place that's been in town since the dawn of creation) had some interesting insight. Though a very traditional suit store, he did notice that the button hole and where the button is attached on the other side did not line up when unbuttoned. Come to find out the left shoulder is .25" shorter than the right, thus creating a shift where the buttons should meet. He also thought it was too "slim", suggested pleats and so on...but it was nice to know about the buttons, as I'm no expert (this is my first "real" mtm suit).

Any suggestions would be nice. I have lurked here for some time before ordering to get some basic information, but I think I will lengthen the sleeves as well. Also, the pockets seem to bunch outward creating some nasty folds. It seems there is to much material just below the back pockets. Overall I have bee pleased with Indochino and their customer service. Thanks for the insights.

skogmantore

Reaction score

What does TaT stand for?

Sorry if this is is already in a FAQ/glossary somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads