• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horizontal Corduroy Pants

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen these before, but stumbled upon them whilst wandering the interwebz. I suck at even the simplest of computer technology, but there were several cool pictures on the site advertising them, but couldn't easily cut and paste them with my Mac, besides this one. Odd pocket lining.
cordarounds1sept8.jpg
Site is called http://betabrand.com/cordarounds/?__...cordarounds_en Does anyone have any experience with these or care to comment? I thought they were interesting, the wale was fine enough that they didn't look absurd, and the cut looked relatively slim. Ha! Edited to add, I didn't even notice till afterwards that this is from the same folks that promoted those envy and gluttony pants that were mentioned a while back. But that aside, are these cords too quirky for most?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like these cords. They have a nice look to them. I probably wouldn't pay $90 for cords though. I do enjoy the flowery trim however.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind $90, if the quality is there. I'm not sure how much if any kind of handwork is done, or the quality of their construction. They have some very light ash colored ones that look like they'd go with quite a bit of outfits.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised places like J.Crew or BR hasn't picked up on a concept like this.

They're based out of SF, I might have to check them out.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed those, they're lame. Snip....

gonerogue

Reaction score
I have a pair of similar cords by Zegna (from a few years back, though).

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I had a pair in the mid 70's... they only deepened my dislike of the cord.
laugh.gif

The same cut and style though?

Allen

Reaction score
hummm... They look kinda weird, but I might think that because I'm used with vertical cords.
Don't like it. Personally.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These have managed to find an odd place between jeans and chinos

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Valentini Sartoria had a bunch of horizontal wale numbers out about three years ago...they might have collected at this point among the usual gray market sources.

- B

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of diagonal corduroy Zegna pants. If anyone wants them, I'll sell them cheap. Size 36 or so I think. They are way too big for me. I think the diagonal is way cooler than the horizontal.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like horizontally striped dress shirts, a bad idea whose time will never really come.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This was the same company that developed "vagisoft" blankets. So while I don't much like the cords, I cut them a little slack for their creativity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads