• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Jason,

Do you want to move to LA or Honolulu?

Tom

That's a job offer if I've ever seen one..
smile.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Please check out my new Alden blog: The Agatine Eyelet

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/

This will be a place for me to share my obsession for Aldens with the world. My observations on styles and trends, resources for care and maintenance, pictures, opinions, interviews with key players, etc.

I hope you like it and please pass it on if you do.

Thanks!

HAHAHAHA! I'm in.
devil.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I appreciate you comments about the UI. I'm actually really happy to hear there is still love for the UI. With the recent popularity of the Indy and various makeups of it, I've been wanting to discontinue the UI but hearing your approval of the commando makes me think otherwise.

I still do love the double oiled waterlock sole. It's probably my favorite Alden sole.

If you discontinue the UI this could be the new LeatherSoul shoe:

scw1.jpg

The ultimate short wing. I really like how this all comes together.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if Alden will be willing to respond to my questions. Maybe Tom can ask them and I can buy a pair of shoes from LS
laugh.gif

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are a pair of Buttero boots that I had the single leather sole replaced with Alden's Plantation crepe sole... enjoy

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

the work was done at Moulded Shoe NYC (http://mouldedshoe.com/), cost $150, turnaround time 3-4 weeks.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Where do you go to have that done?

Originally Posted by MiniW
these are a pair of Buttero boots that I had the single leather sole replaced with Alden's Plantation crepe sole... enjoy

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

the work was done at Moulded Shoe NYC (http://mouldedshoe.com/), cost $150, turnaround time 3-4 weeks.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
WOOPS. I see it right at the end. My bad.

Will they resole a totally soiled sole? Or will they only do new ones?

Any idea how much Alden charges to replace the soles?

Someone didn't do well in reading comprehension class
smile.gif

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbrokerny
Someone didn't do well in reading comprehension class
smile.gif

Yes. I know that. I'm asking, in comparison, how much Alden charges for re-soling shoes, if they have that option available.

PS: I missed that phrase right at the end because i dismissed it as his signature. If you have to pour through thick chunks of reading material, you'll understand what I mean when I say that I skim through stuff a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads