***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmosn

simmosn New Member

Hi guys, is anyone aware of any Alden stockists in London? Really want to pick up a pair of 405's but would like to buy them in person if possible.

Thanks!

2. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

The only Alden stockist I know of in London is Browns and they only carry a few models in shell on the Modified last. The Bureau Belfast, Tres Bien and French Trotters stock Alden, but they're not in London obvs.
    Just trust the advice on this site when it comes to sizing.

3. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Hi guys, is anyone aware of any Alden stockists in London? Really want to pick up a pair of 405's but would like to buy them in person if possible.

Thanks!

Not London but The Bureau carries Alden.

4. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Anyone know if the newer 405's with the leather lining have other upgrades, like leather facings along the eyelets and the top of the ankle?

5. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

The 403 is great and all, but one of our retailers needs to order it with double waterlock soles (have this on the LS wingtip plaza boot). Antiqued edgetrimming. Like the Pitt Boot. The boot would be so much better - the neocork is for work boots, and dresses the boot down too much. Because of this, I much prefer the J.Crew version (and because of the different stitch pattern on the rear waist); the stained welt partially disguises that weird reddish/pink hue of the neocork. Of course, one could have theirs re-soled, but, for me, because of rotation, I'd imagine that wouldn't be needed for at very least a couple of years, and maybe up to like 5. Better off custom ordering from a retailer, but then you have to wait and pay an extra 150. No good answers for me I guess.

6. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What is the email address to get on the Shoemart seconds list?

7. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

The 403 is great and all, but one of our retailers needs to order it with double waterlock soles (have this on the LS wingtip plaza boot). Antiqued edgetrimming. Like the Pitt Boot. The boot would be so much better - the neocork is for work boots, and dresses the boot down too much.

We think alike...our next order of UIs will have double oiled leather soles. [​IMG]

8. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

Good ol' Cigar NST on Barrie: [​IMG]

9. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Nice CrackedCrab. Longwing Cordovan #8s after about 6 months of wear. [​IMG]

10. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

Not sure Ed, that was a LSBH exclusive. Please email Bryan: [email protected]. I'm actually away on vacation right now. [​IMG]
    i just wanted to say, Bryan should be commended on his excellent customer service. i work in a customer service oriented position and am always impressed when someone will take the time to have an in depth conversation about a topic im curious about, in this case Alden special make-ups. enjoy your vacation Tom!_Gene oh and same goes for Jason from Unionmade! nice cigar NSTs up there! i ALMOST wore my whiskey pair today but went with the #8 loafer instead. im sure you all know what they look like [​IMG]

11. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

We think alike...our next order of UIs will have double oiled leather soles. [​IMG]
    How does the double oiled leather sole fair in nastier conditions (rain, snow, rough surfaces, etc.)? I've heard that they wear faster than regular leather soles, and they can't possibly provide more traction than a commando sole. After owning a pair of Indys with the commando sole, I can't think of a more appropriate sole for the UI. For me, it's the commando sole that really distinguishes it as an "Ultimate" Indy. P.S. Enjoy your vacation, Tom! (Although if I worked in Hawaii, I'm not sure if I would ever need to take one!)

12. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Please check out my new Alden blog: The Agatine Eyelet

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/

This will be a place for me to share my obsession for Aldens with the world. My observations on styles and trends, resources for care and maintenance, pictures, opinions, interviews with key players, etc.

I hope you like it and please pass it on if you do.

Thanks!

13. LeatherSOUL

Please check out my new Alden blog: The Agatine Eyelet

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/

This will be a place for me to share my obsession for Aldens with the world. My observations on styles and trends, resources for care and maintenance, pictures, opinions, interviews with key players, etc.

I hope you like it and please pass it on if you do.

Thanks!

Jason,

Do you want to move to LA or Honolulu?

Tom

14. LeatherSOUL

i just wanted to say, Bryan should be commended on his excellent customer service. i work in a customer service oriented position and am always impressed when someone will take the time to have an in depth conversation about a topic im curious about, in this case Alden special make-ups. enjoy your vacation Tom!_Gene

oh and same goes for Jason from Unionmade!

Thanks Gene. It's amazing that Bryan had zero retail and zero experience with shoes before working for me as Manager of LSBH. He's a great guy who loves shoes and wants to please everyone. I'm glad to hear people like the service he is providing!

How does the double oiled leather sole fair in nastier conditions (rain, snow, rough surfaces, etc.)? I've heard that they wear faster than regular leather soles, and they can't possibly provide more traction than a commando sole.

After owning a pair of Indys with the commando sole, I can't think of a more appropriate sole for the UI. For me, it's the commando sole that really distinguishes it as an "Ultimate" Indy.

P.S. Enjoy your vacation, Tom! (Although if I worked in Hawaii, I'm not sure if I would ever need to take one!)

I appreciate you comments about the UI. I'm actually really happy to hear there is still love for the UI. With the recent popularity of the Indy and various makeups of it, I've been wanting to discontinue the UI but hearing your approval of the commando makes me think otherwise.

I still do love the double oiled waterlock sole. It's probably my favorite Alden sole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.