1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Distinguished Member

FWIW, I'm considering selling my Ravello shortwing in 9D. Its about a half-size too big for me. An insole would've worked but I think they work with boots better than shoes. PM me if you're interested.

amazing shoe, perfect, if they were 8.5 D I would be in touch

(they are barrie, right?)

2. mike f

mike f Member

I was able to acquire a fd of one of the plaza sole snuff suede boots, goes well with my Indies, 20 year gorgeous burnt red brown lace up EG RLP. and they all work well with the cordo Ridder Boots. Love his boots. I am looking long and hard at the Natural as well as the Wolverines. I also want to see what RB may have coming.

Best

3. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

FWIW, I'm considering selling my Ravello shortwing in 9D. Its about a half-size too big for me. An insole would've worked but I think they work with boots better than shoes. PM me if you're interested.
    Sorry to hear that. Ravello is awesome and that shortwing is gorgeous. Good luck with the sale and replacement. I have been seeing Ravello a little more lately so if you like the color you may be able to get something similar. [​IMG]

4. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior Member

Just picked up a pair of Roy Boots, whats the best way to care for chromexcel?

5. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior Member

Just picked up a pair of Roy Boots, whats the best way to care for chromexcel?

I've been using Alden cream polish, but I'd be curious to see what everyone else is using.

6. dport86

dport86 Senior Member

Nick Horween recommends linseed oil on his blog if I'm not mistaken. Lots of people have used Obenauf's LP on their chromexcel indies and there are pictures up of boots with 2 years of steady use that look great. Russell's recommends Venetian cream I believe for their chromexcel leathers.

7. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior Member

8. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior Member

Are there any tips for applying neatsfoot oil, how much, how often etc?

9. remainder

remainder Member

The neatsfoot oil will make the leather more pliable, but it will darken slightly and dull the finish a bit. Venetian shoe cream will give it more luster as there are waxes in it which can be brought up to a light polish.

10. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior Member

Why are you guys looking to polish/condition your Indys already?

Break them in. Beat them up a bit. Give them some character.

11. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior Member

Chromexcel is not just for Indy's. I have a pair of brown Chomexcel NST's on order that I will be taking care of and so it's nice to know just how to do that.

12. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior Member

"Less is more. Neatsfoot is good, Venetian Cream is good too."

13. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior Member

Ive used Alden fine boot cream once in 3 months. That's it so far for my chromexcel boots

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

We got fresh stock in two standard styles. These Indy 403 boots took about 8 months to arrive, and all sizes are backordered at Alden, so you might want to grab them sooner than later if you're considering them.

Oh, and I've gotten a few inquiries about availability. A lot of online Alden vendors build in every size on these stock styles and take preorders. So it's tough to tell what's actually available to ship immediately. For us, we only put inventory online that's in store and ready to ship immediately.

[​IMG]
    Alden Indy 403 boot in Brown Chromexcel: $435

[​IMG]
    Alden Unlined Chukka in Chocolate Suede: $378

15. Dewey

Dewey Distinguished Member

Has anyone re-heeled an Alden crepe sole with a harder rubber? Looks like my heels are going pretty fast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.